The Latest Van Halen squabbles - Hagar: f**k you Eddie, you're a liar!

treeduck

Eddie is one of those guys that just can't part as friends. He's lauded as one of the greatest to pick up the instrument. He doesn't need to shit on people. Everyone would be cool with "mike has been a hell of an asset but I have a chance to play in a band with my son and I can't pass that opportunity up. I wish mike the best."

Unfortunately, having a gift or being talented =/= being a good guy.

Ex. Ty Cobb, a million others.

Some rush fans may cringe at this, but Neil Peart and Eddie have a lot in common, in that they influenced a whole generation of players, right around the same period. Who was considered the top player in 1981 on guitar and drums? They are both rock gods who influenced so many players to practice their asses off. And also similar, you can find many players now throw out the " overrated " tag on both of them... Why is that? Cause they made dudes want to play better! And sure enough, 30 plus years later, the bar has been raised.

Yeah, but Neil's not a shithead.

It's like a night and day.

Eddie might be the best rock guitarist ever but I've never heard anything interesting coming out of his cakehole. Reading his interviews is about as inspiring as reading a phone book.

Neil is an intelligent, interesting man who has a lot of wise words to say about many things in life.

Edited by Detonator

Things were different after Eddie Van Halen appeared. How many rock musicians can you seriously say that about?

The man made a stamp on popular culture, not just a genre of music.

I think that's a pretty strong argument.

The pop culture aspect is another key that people tend to overlook. Better off dead, back to the future.. Countless other movies/ tv shows... He's on the list of legends

the dancing cheeseburger seals the deal, EVH is god! :dweez:

• Like 1