New vinyl digital download 320KPS is it worth it?

robertrobyn

I have been buying all the remastered LP's and love them. I was wondering is the downloads that come with each lp worth downloading. I do not understand the specs on the new downloads. Help? Thanks!

Digital Download Card

320kbps Vinyl Ripped

AAC MP4 DMM

I tried recording some records to my computer, using Logic Pro X and adding a tape saturation plugin to give it a little bit extra, and it sounds really pleasing. I do get some crackle because I'm too lazy to properly clean my records. But it sounds better than the mp3s you can download.

Edit: It sounds better on my stereo. It may not sound better on a different stereo.

Edited by The Analog Grownup

I am not an audiophile, but I believe 320kbps is top quality for mp3.

Listening to the same song in mp3 320 kbps and in flac, I wouldn't be able to say which is which in a blind test. I listen to music with a cheap headphone though. Maybe I'd be able to tell the difference with better equipment. On the other hand, anything less than 320kbps for a mp3 file doesn't sound good to me.

320 is what I burn all my albums and cds at on mp3 and then I rip them all to flac.

If you can rip them yourself, they do sound a bit different. Nothing like a little pop in your mp3 :)

Say what? You're converting vinyl to 320 mp3 and then converting the 320 file to flac? That's like taking 1080 video and down converting it to 480 and then taking that 480 file and up converting it to 1080. You end up with an inferior version of what you had to begin with.