How much is a tour book at shows?

Super25Smasher

I'm trying to figure out if it's cheaper on Backstage Club. If it is, i'll order it instead of buying it at my show.

Crap. I'll buy one for $20 on Backstage Club. Thank you! Edited by Super25Smasher

I want to ask this follow up question - is it possible that there will be a version II tour book like there has been in the past - a tour book that actually includes shots of this current tour? If so, it might be better to wait. On the other hand, they might only do that version II book when there is an official second leg of the tour?

I want to ask this follow up question - is it possible that there will be a version II tour book like there has been in the past - a tour book that actually includes shots of this current tour? If so, it might be better to wait. On the other hand, they might only do that version II book when there is an official second leg of the tour?

As far as I know, they've only ever done that when they extended the tour into the next year. Until we hear otherwise, assume this tour is it, and any extension is not happening.

As far as I know, they've only ever done that when they extended the tour into the next year. Until we hear otherwise, assume this tour is it, and any extension is not happening.

Makes sense.

Here's another question for y'all. And I'm not trying to be a smartass, because I like to own these things too. Why is it important for you to own a physical copy of the tourbook? The Cygnus X1 site will have all of the images scanned and all of the text available as well. For me, I like the physical object - I prefer physical books to e-books, for example. But I'm not sure about pictures. How often do I take the tourbooks down from the shelf and look at them? It's just as easy to bookmark the images tab of the Cygnus site . . .

Because in 20 years when the Cygnus X1 web site is long gone, he'll still have the tour book. I don't always get a shirt, but I always get a Rush tour book. Theirs are a cut above many bands'.

Crap. I'll buy one for $20 on Backstage Club. Thank you!

yeah. but then you got the s&h which backstage rips you off! get it at the show

Standard S+H on Backstage is only $6. I think i'd rather save $4 and avoid awful lines!

Speaking of Bristow... Met a family there from Asheville, NC, they bought tix thinking show was in Bristol Va. Upon discovering their error, they simply decided to...drive a lot further to see Rush. Luckily discovered their error before the day of the show.

Speaking of Bristow... Met a family there from Asheville, NC, they bought tix thinking show was in Bristol Va. Upon discovering their error, they simply decided to...drive a lot further to see Rush. Luckily discovered their error before the day of the show.

That is really playing with some emotions.

Geez that is a long way out of the way!

Makes sense.

Here's another question for y'all. And I'm not trying to be a smartass, because I like to own these things too. Why is it important for you to own a physical copy of the tourbook? The Cygnus X1 site will have all of the images scanned and all of the text available as well. For me, I like the physical object - I prefer physical books to e-books, for example. But I'm not sure about pictures. How often do I take the tourbooks down from the shelf and look at them? It's just as easy to bookmark the images tab of the Cygnus site . . .

Good question. I'm the opposite - I prefer e-books to regular ones but have all the tour books in a physical copy. Maybe I just like the "souvenir" aspect. Plus, 30 years from now when the band (maybe?) stops playing, I'm sure I could get a hefty sale of E-Bay. :)