The TRF Dork Association - Do something dorky and be admitted!!

Principled Man

I pulled a Bill Dance on Friday night fishing. I reached down to land a big one, and I somersaulted into the lake

:LOL:

Were you in a canoe? :D

No I was on the bank. Heres what happened - It was about 11 PM, I hooked a big one, about 4-5 lb bass. Yelled for a buddy to give me a hand. I caught him on a shallow crank bait with 2 treble hooks, so I kinda scooped him up on the bank by its belly instead of lipping em to avoid getting nailed by the treble hooks. So I got it on the bank, as it was flopping, it broke the line, and the crankbait was still in its mouth (this lure was red hot, and the only one I had). Fish started flopping, and landed back in the water. My buddy had his IPhone on, I saw the fish laying on its side just a few inches below the surface of the water. I knew that any moment the fish would kinda wake up and bolt, so I bent down in the water to grab to try and scoop the fish up. I put one hand in the water to try and touch the bottom, but I didnt realize how deep it was, and since it was deeper than I thought, nothing to brace myself, I rolled right in.

The only redeeming part of the story - a few minutes later, the fish jumped a couple times trying to throw the lure. The fish succeeded! So later I swam out and picked up the crankbait and retied it on my rod (luckily crankbaits float)

• Like 3

The other day I was pulling my left sleeve up with my right hand and used such force that I punched myself, hard, in the jaw.

I did something similar cooking this weekend... cutting grape tomatoes and one rolled off the cutting board... I swiped my hand to catch it and punched myself right in the nuts!

Ouch! :LOL:

The other day I was pulling my left sleeve up with my right hand and used such force that I punched myself, hard, in the jaw.

:laughing guy:

I have done this. :facepalm:

Oh Gawd... guess what....! :facepalm:

• Like 1

I did something similar cooking this weekend... cutting grape tomatoes and one rolled off the cutting board... I swiped my hand to catch it and punched myself right in the nuts!

:scared:

:blush:

I pulled a Bill Dance on Friday night fishing. I reached down to land a big one, and I somersaulted into the lake

No I was on the bank. Heres what happened - It was about 11 PM, I hooked a big one, about 4-5 lb bass. Yelled for a buddy to give me a hand. I caught him on a shallow crank bait with 2 treble hooks, so I kinda scooped him up on the bank by its belly instead of lipping em to avoid getting nailed by the treble hooks. So I got it on the bank, as it was flopping, it broke the line, and the crankbait was still in its mouth (this lure was red hot, and the only one I had). Fish started flopping, and landed back in the water. My buddy had his IPhone on, I saw the fish laying on its side just a few inches below the surface of the water. I knew that any moment the fish would kinda wake up and bolt, so I bent down in the water to grab to try and scoop the fish up. I put one hand in the water to try and touch the bottom, but I didnt realize how deep it was, and since it was deeper than I thought, nothing to brace myself, I rolled right in.

The only redeeming part of the story - a few minutes later, the fish jumped a couple times trying to throw the lure. The fish succeeded! So later I swam out and picked up the crankbait and retied it on my rod (luckily crankbaits float)

Thats what you get for using treble hooks. :P

Does it have to be recent, or can it be something I did when I was nine years old?

I was playing with a car cigarette lighter, pushing it in, pulling it out...and then I looked at the coils at one point, and they weren't all orange or anything, but I wanted to see if it was hot. So I stuck my thumb down in it.

And guess what?

:facepalm:

One better: when I was about 10, I stuck my finger in the 2 prong thingy part of a table lamp (where the bulb goes). Mild bolt goes up my arm. Never did that again.

:scared: I hope not!

When I was also nine, I had a pocket knife that I was trying to push pack into the handle portion (where the blade rests, when it's closed). I tried and tried and was pushing on it, down at the base...and didn't realize until it was too late that the reason it wasn't moving was because I was pushing on the blade side. Sliced right into my thumb.

When I look at my thumb print today, I can still see about a half-inch long break vertically through it, where that knife went in to me.

Oh God - me too! Only I was mucking about with a box filled with spare razer blades: I put it back in the box and cut my finger: to this day, there's a crescent shaped scar. Anyway, dad grabbed the box back off me, intending to replace the blade, and he cut his finger too! And he shouted at me! :o

(Which he was very much within his right)

A box full of spare razor blades? :o

:unsure:

I saw that photo of you wearing the Freddy Krueger hand...I'm sensing a pattern here...

• Like 2

I despise treble hooks. I only used them on crankbaits and some topwater lures because thats how the come. I lose so many more fish on treble hooks than single hooks its not even funny

• Like 1

Does it have to be recent, or can it be something I did when I was nine years old?

I was playing with a car cigarette lighter, pushing it in, pulling it out...and then I looked at the coils at one point, and they weren't all orange or anything, but I wanted to see if it was hot. So I stuck my thumb down in it.

And guess what?

One better: when I was about 10, I stuck my finger in the 2 prong thingy part of a table lamp (where the bulb goes). Mild bolt goes up my arm. Never did that again.

Did you stick your tongue to a frozen door as well? :P

No.....! :LOL:

And guess what?

:scared: I hope not!

When I was also nine, I had a pocket knife that I was trying to push pack into the handle portion (where the blade rests, when it's closed). I tried and tried and was pushing on it, down at the base...and didn't realize until it was too late that the reason it wasn't moving was because I was pushing on the blade side. Sliced right into my thumb.

When I look at my thumb print today, I can still see about a half-inch long break vertically through it, where that knife went in to me.

Oh God - me too! Only I was mucking about with a box filled with spare razer blades: I put it back in the box and cut my finger: to this day, there's a crescent shaped scar. Anyway, dad grabbed the box back off me, intending to replace the blade, and he cut his finger too! And he shouted at me! :o

(Which he was very much within his right)

A box full of spare razor blades? :o

:unsure:

I saw that photo of you wearing the Freddy Krueger hand...I'm sensing a pattern here...

You're making me laugh! :LMAO:

• Like 1

Since it hasn't rained in Myrtle Beach in what seems like forever I go out every morning in my P.J's and water my grass by moving a sprinkler around about 50 times it seems. Would that be considered dorky or just premature "old manness" or both?... :)

Since it hasn't rained in Myrtle Beach in what seems like forever I go out every morning in my P.J's and water my grass by moving a sprinkler around about 50 times it seems. Would that be considered dorky or just premature "old manness" or both?... :)

Hey, I go out in the yard in my jammies pretty routinely, like on a weekend morning, or something. Or just down to my mailbox, or whatever.

Now, if you venture out to the grocery store, let's say, without changing into something else, that may be crossing a line. :P But I don't know...

Who here has ever almost burned down a restaurant? Completely unintentionally, of course.

I can't be the only one...can I?

:eh:

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

I despise treble hooks. I only used them on crankbaits and some topwater lures because thats how the come. I lose so many more fish on treble hooks than single hooks its not even funny

Then toss those fu*****! :LOL:

Hey, I go out in the yard in my jammies pretty routinely, like on a weekend morning, or something. Or just down to my mailbox, or whatever.

Now, if you venture out to the grocery store, let's say, without changing into something else, that may be crossing a line. :P But I don't know...

I do that to on occasion to get a coffee for my wife and a Pepsi for me. Did it this morning as a matter of fact. My P.J's however are plaid, cotton things you might see folks wearing around anyway and a matching in color t-shirt. I also wear my Sambas as well. No slippers... Edited by Narps

Who here has ever almost burned down a restaurant? Completely unintentionally, of course.

Not me,

But when I was 9. I burned down the whole back yard. Got my a** Whooped for that. :P

• Like 1

When I was anorexic, I used to sit on my nuts ALL the time.
  • Like 1

No, but I very nearly blew up the Chemistry lab......... :ph34r:

I once fell outta bed, and cut my hand open on a...wait for it...deck of cards!

I have a two inch scar on the palm of my hand twelve years on, and it was cardboard!

• Like 1

Reminiscent of ice hockey game clip shows, with Dire Straits 'Walk Of Life' in the background, and one of the players went so fast he hit the barrier and poleaxed himself right over it?

Minus Dire Straits and the ice hockey game.., I did that: went too fast, couldn't stop. Went straight into the barrier and literally... well... :facepalm:

Not me,

But when I was 9. I burned down the whole back yard. Got my a** Whooped for that. :P

Haha!

Oh...I mean, ummm...sorry to hear that.

Reminds me, I don't know why, of something that happened to a (not very bright) friend of mine, when we were about 13-14 years old...sitting in health class, which was taught by a guy who also taught phys. ed...big, muscular, sports coach; a guy with whom I would not want to tussle in a dark alley. At any rate, he was talking about something, and my very dim friend sat in the front row, and held his first finger up in the air vertically, and started twirling it around in little circles, as if to say, "big deal", you know, something like that...and the teacher says, angrily, "You want to bring that finger up here, and I'll break it for you?!" And so the kid stands up, walks up, with his finger still held up in the air, and the teacher takes his whole hand and starts wrenching it around, and does, in fact, break it. The kid came in the next day with a splint on that first finger that went about half way up his forearm.

Not me,

Haha!

Oh...I mean, ummm...sorry to hear that.

Reminds me, I don't know why, of something that happened to a (not very bright) friend of mine, when we were about 13-14 years old...sitting in health class, which was taught by a guy who also taught phys. ed...big, muscular, sports coach; a guy with whom I would not want to tussle in a dark alley. At any rate, he was talking about something, and my very dim friend sat in the front row, and held his first finger up in the air vertically, and started twirling it around in little circles, as if to say, "big deal", you know, something like that...and the teacher says, angrily, "You want to bring that finger up here, and I'll break it for you?!" And so the kid stands up, walks up, with his finger still held up in the air, and the teacher takes his whole hand and starts wrenching it around, and does, in fact, break it. The kid came in the next day with a splint on that first finger that went about half way up his forearm.

Yowl! :scared:

I have a few of these...enough that sundog had me add DangerProne as my middle name on facebook, and if you think about that statement you can see I still do some today.

There's a really stupid game where one guy shoots an arrow straight up in the air and the 5-6 guys around him try to catch it on the way down...One of the guys in our group was into archery so...how none never got hurt I can not guess.

We all had bmx bikes and we would build jumps for them and see who could go the farthest. One day we got the idea for the kids not jumping at the moment to lie down at the back side of the ramp and we'd 3, 4 5 guys there for the other kid to jump over ala Evil Kenevil and the busses. The parents soon saw us and that game ended quickly.