Periscope sign up sheet

dtpoet

See. There's people who don't care, and there's people who do. I would theorize the guys that record or don't mind the constant phone use are almost certainly younger than the old school Rush fans. For obvious reasons.

But again, I will always fail to see the logic of recording a song instead of concentrating on it in the moment solely for one's personal enjoyment. Actualizing the memory itself ought to be more important than recording the memory. In my world, anyway. :)

In floor seats, rows 10 thru 20, it gets very difficult to see through the sea of phones. It is very frustrating. At least where Tracy was filming from in St Louis, on an incline, it a little easier for the people behind him to see.

So there it is, the smart phone era has ruined floor seats. As frustrating as that can be, it was very exciting watching and hearing the live feeds. Never expected to experience that. It is very different than you tube or concert Blu rays.

Regarding the quality of the official tour blu rays, what's the deal with the Rush releases? Does the producer have to pay a fine if each shot lasts more than four seconds? Dizzying. For that reason, I find the Rush Blu rays much more difficult to enjoy than they should be...cut...cut...cut...cut...cut...

Interesting. I was on the floor, am of average height, and had no issue whatsoever.

I'm fairly tall, 6'2", one of the CA shows had 18th row center (4 rows behind Chad Smith!). Alot of the fans there were quite tall, and many were holding their phones above their head. It wasn't fun.

Yep. The floor is no fun for any artist anymore unless you're in the first three rows.

You know what, people with red shirts really distract me. Please, no one in MSG wear any red shirts, otherwise you're being a selfish asshole.

Leddy, well be at same show. Making the long trip? you'll be in the red pants? If they got ranger Stanley cup shirts out I'm gonna barf!

You know what, people with red shirts really distract me. Please, no one in MSG wear any red shirts, otherwise you're being a selfish asshole.

Leddy, well be at same show. Making the long trip? you'll be in the red pants? If they got ranger Stanley cup shirts out I'm gonna barf!

I'm just 90 minutes away from MSG...Tulsa was much harder to get to. And while I'm not a big NHL fan, I'd be quite pleased if half of the crowd are wearing Rangers Stanley Cup shirts.

Unless those shirts are red. Because even though it isn't against any rules, the tickets don't prohibit it, it isn't against any law, and there is no indication it bothers the band, you'd have to be a selfish asshole to wear a red shirt to a concert because it annoys me.

• Like 1

I am actually split on the issue. I have watched you tubed concert songs for years (but will always buy the blu rays), am checking out periscope (I actually think it will increase artist revenue). But been at shows with phones held high blocking my view. I would never ask someone to put a phone down( I like my teeth).

I'm just 90 minutes away from MSG...Tulsa was much harder to get to. And while I'm not a big NHL fan, I'd be quite pleased if half of the crowd are wearing Rangers Stanley Cup shirts.

Unless those shirts are red. Because even though it isn't against any rules, the tickets don't prohibit it, it isn't against any law, and there is no indication it bothers the band, you'd have to be a selfish asshole to wear a red shirt to a concert because it annoys me.

I thought you were further north! Not too far from NYC.

If the rags win (its looking like they will) you will be required to dress as they do, in red shorts!

Great moment in Rush history...May 23, 1980...Rush encores on the eve of Tonelli to Nystrom...in Isles jerseys at the coli...the next afternoon, on the 24th of May, everyone gathered, and celebrated.

• Like 1

I am actually split on the issue. I have watched you tubed concert songs for years (but will always buy the blu rays), am checking out periscope (I actually think it will increase artist revenue). But been at shows with phones held high blocking my view. I would never ask someone to put a phone down( I like my teeth).

I completely understand hating people who hold phones and cameras above their heads...that actually affects others. MysticRhythm kept it at chin height...no one has a reason to complain about that.

Edited by LedRush

I completely understand hating people who hold phones and cameras above their heads...that actually affects others. MysticRhythm kept it at chin height...no one has a reason to complain about that.

I am sure someone will invent one

I am actually split on the issue....am checking out periscope (I actually think it will increase artist revenue).

It drove me to buy a block of tickets for Portland. Me and four others are going to that show that wouldn't have gone otherwise.
  • Like 2

I am actually split on the issue....am checking out periscope (I actually think it will increase artist revenue).

It drove me to buy a block of tickets for Portland. Me and four others are going to that show that wouldn't have gone otherwise.

Glad to help you make that financial decision..... I think. :unsure:
  • Like 1

Glad to help you make that financial decision..... I think. :unsure:

It's probably the most affordable show.

Now i know why you want me to go to Seattle. Because you and everyone else are going to Portland. :cool: ;) ;)

Edited by Lorraine