The Camera Eye

sullysue

QUOTE (paganoman @ Aug 17 2005, 09:17 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 17 2005, 10:10 AM)
oh well, some people just don't get it. I wonder what he listens to.  unsure.gif

Well.... he recognized TCE. That's got to mean something. confused13.gif Not a clue what, but... something. laugh.gif

It was Geddy's voice he recognized, not the song. biggrin.gif He wasn't putting them down CT, he wanted me to TURN them down on my headphones. I guess he wanted me to listen to him, or something. confused13.gif

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 17 2005, 11:36 AM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Aug 17 2005, 09:17 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 17 2005, 10:10 AM)
oh well, some people just don't get it. I wonder what he listens to.  unsure.gif

Well.... he recognized TCE. That's got to mean something. confused13.gif Not a clue what, but... something. laugh.gif

It was Geddy's voice he recognized, not the song. biggrin.gif He wasn't putting them down CT, he wanted me to TURN them down on my headphones. I guess he wanted me to listen to him, or something. confused13.gif

The nerve of that guy!!! mad.gif

tongue.gif tongue.gif

ANYWAY.... Getting back to The Camera Eye (Pags, thread highjacker) I wonder if I can convince them to play it on their next tour. You know, get boz to call Neil. I'll call Alex. Maybe one of the Geddy girls can call him. Make it clear to them that they have to play it, like it or not. wink.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 17 2005, 11:55 AM)
ANYWAY.... Getting back to The Camera Eye (Pags, thread highjacker) I wonder if I can convince them to play it on their next tour. You know, get boz to call Neil. I'll call Alex. Maybe one of the Geddy girls can call him. Make it clear to them that they have to play it, like it or not.  wink.gif

http://www.kirupaforum.com/images/hijack.gif laugh.gif

bumper.gif

Back when all of you were drooling at everynote, and sheilding your eyes from the awesomness of this song, I was confused as to why. Its just a song.

I read teh lyrics.

I still didn't get it.

Then I was riding my bike through the village where I live, with this playing in my earphones. And it struck me. The people running about. The notes flying everywhere.

To quote rocket boys: "A good rocket is a rocket that does exactly what its designed to do. If we design it to fly 2 thouand feet and it flys 2 thousand feet, it's better than designing for 1 thousand and gettigng a mile high."

This song wanted to portary the beauty of the chaos of the city and it did.

It's amazing

This song is amazing. I don't want to call it my favourite but I really do.

Best off this album. Definatley.

This song needs to be played loud, or you might *gasp* miss a note.

QUOTE (endlesslymocking @ Aug 31 2005, 10:21 PM)
bumper.gif

Back when all of you were drooling at everynote, and sheilding your eyes from the awesomness of this song, I was confused as to why.  Its just a song.

I read teh lyrics.

I still didn't get it.

Then I was riding my bike through the village where I live, with this playing in my earphones. And it struck me. The people running about.  The notes flying everywhere.

To quote rocket boys:  "A good rocket is a rocket that does exactly what its designed to do.  If we design it to fly 2 thouand feet and it flys 2 thousand feet, it's better than designing for 1 thousand and gettigng a mile high."

It's amazing

This song is amazing.  I don't want to call it my favourite but I really do.
Best off this album.  Definatley.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif it really paints a beautiful scene doesn't it?

QUOTE (endlesslymocking @ Sep 1 2005, 12:21 AM)
bumper.gif

Back when all of you were drooling at everynote, and sheilding your eyes from the awesomness of this song, I was confused as to why. Its just a song.

I read teh lyrics.

I still didn't get it.

Then I was riding my bike through the village where I live, with this playing in my earphones. And it struck me. The people running about. The notes flying everywhere.

To quote rocket boys: "A good rocket is a rocket that does exactly what its designed to do. If we design it to fly 2 thouand feet and it flys 2 thousand feet, it's better than designing for 1 thousand and gettigng a mile high."

It's amazing

This song is amazing. I don't want to call it my favourite but I really do.
Best off this album. Definatley.

EM, discovery is the fruit of life.

Thanks for being here. smile.gif

I remember this show like it was yesterday.. I was 17 and had so much energy before this show biggrin.gif i was ready to go laugh.gif Geddy came on stage first( Madison Square Garden) then Alex 1022.gif then Neil yes.gif the whole Garden turns Black, THEN the start off 2112 cool10.gif ..I'll never forget that moment applaudit.gif Right after A Meek Shal Inherit the Earth played 1022.gif , BOOM, they had the loudest Explusion , it was on cool.gif

This was the second time i seen them live,except, this time i was ready for them ... I haven't stopped listening to them since that day 2.gif

Oh and by the way, Sullysue smile.gif The Camera eye was the song of that show i'll never forget cosmo.gif rose.gif 4 u 1287.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 13 2005, 01:56 AM)
I have a soft spot in my heart for Moving Pictures. This album, IMO, is the shining jewel in Rush's crown. I listened to it so much that I had to stop listening to it. It isn't that I necessarily got burned out on it as much as I lost my appreciation of it. (OK, I guess I got burned out on it.)

The one track that I never get tired of listening to is "The Camera Eye." What a great show of musicianship. I'm not a big fan of the synthesiser, but it works like a charm on this track. The intro of "The Camera Eye" sets the tone of the rest of what's to come. But, the whole flow of this song just blows me away. The change-ups to fit the feeling of what's going on lyrically are brilliant. The guitar is never lost inside the synths. Instead, Alex finds a way to work with them, to follow them and work in unison. It's amazing. Musically, this is such a great piece of art.

I know I sound goofy, but I do urge you all to don your headphones, put this track on and tell me that I'm wrong. Actively listen to it and get into it. It's really great.

trink39.gif -SS

I agree, The Camera Eye is a masterpiece. Neil's fills emphasize the lyrics and get more intense as the song progresses. Also, I love the sound of Alex's guitar with the flange and chorus effects. It almost sounds as if his guitar is just skating along 1022.gif I've always thought that was so cool.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 1 2005, 12:50 AM)
It's playing....

This one's for you, endlesslymocking. The Camera Eye. For you. smile.gif

QUOTE (Sully Sue @ Sep 1 2005, 12:51 AM)
And, it's also playing loudly. FYI.  biggrin.gif

1022.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif

I think my other problem is that I never listened to it loud enough.

Here comes a starnge metaphor. Playing it too soft is like having a spoonful of whip cream. Blasting it is like spraying the entire bottle in your mouth.

QUOTE (endlesslymocking @ Sep 1 2005, 10:47 AM)
Here comes a starnge metaphor. Playing it too soft is like having a spoonful of whip cream. Blasting it is like spraying the entire bottle in your mouth.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I like how you think!! trink39.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Sep 1 2005, 09:49 AM)
Here comes a starnge metaphor.  Playing it too soft is like having a spoonful of whip cream.  Blasting it is like spraying the entire bottle in your mouth.

You just have to do it right.

The aerosol might go to your brain cool10.gif unsure.gif

QUOTE (endlesslymocking @ Sep 1 2005, 09:47 AM)
I think my other problem is that I never listened to it loud enough.

Here comes a starnge metaphor.  Playing it too soft is like having a spoonful of whip cream.  Blasting it is like spraying the entire bottle in your mouth.

rofl3.gif

Now ain't that the way to describe playing a Rush song loud!!!!! laugh.gif

It's an excellent song, i never used to give it a chance, all the car horns and other noises bored me and i would never wait for the song to kick, when i did, it blew me away. I especially love the bit in the intro, and alex plays those two/three (?) harmonics. Really effective.

QUOTE (endlesslymocking @ Sep 1 2005, 09:58 AM)

laugh.gif It HAS to be strange for Pags (or is it Paganoman again? wacko.gif Whatever) to agree.

tongue.gif

Nice, but strange, metaphor. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 1 2005, 11:01 AM)
QUOTE (endlesslymocking @ Sep 1 2005, 09:58 AM)

laugh.gif It HAS to be strange for Pags (or is it Paganoman again? wacko.gif Whatever) to agree.

tongue.gif

Nice, but strange, metaphor. biggrin.gif

Of course! Hey.... why be normal? confused13.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 13 2005, 02:56 AM)
I have a soft spot in my heart for Moving Pictures. This album, IMO, is the shining jewel in Rush's crown. I listened to it so much that I had to stop listening to it. It isn't that I necessarily got burned out on it as much as I lost my appreciation of it. (OK, I guess I got burned out on it.)

The one track that I never get tired of listening to is "The Camera Eye." What a great show of musicianship. I'm not a big fan of the synthesiser, but it works like a charm on this track. The intro of "The Camera Eye" sets the tone of the rest of what's to come. But, the whole flow of this song just blows me away. The change-ups to fit the feeling of what's going on lyrically are brilliant. The guitar is never lost inside the synths. Instead, Alex finds a way to work with them, to follow them and work in unison. It's amazing. Musically, this is such a great piece of art.

I know I sound goofy, but I do urge you all to don your headphones, put this track on and tell me that I'm wrong. Actively listen to it and get into it. It's really great.

trink39.gif -SS

This song is slowly inching it's way to my Favorite Rush Song spot.

the camera eye sounds to me quite vapour trails-esque, i'm not sure why. i just get that impression, it feels VT can be a natural progression from the piece.

Archived