Ten Years of Memories - A Stroll Down TRF Memory Lane

Lorraine

I remember there used to be somewhat of a "rivalry" with the Counterparts forum.

No rivalry, but there were small groups of people from each board who would have loved a board war. Because, drama.

No rivalry, because we'd have kicked your arses big time!

Oh puhleeze. Anywhere, anytime, tough guy!

Bring back NikkSlikk!!!

• Like 2

There's no rivalry. The last time I looked at counterparts, the place was dead.

Everyone who is anyone is here. :)

CP was huge and busy, but they had two major data losses. Had to start over twice. Never a good thing. If that hadn't happened they'd probably still be bigger than us.

CP was huge and busy, but they had two major data losses. Had to start over twice. Never a good thing. If that hadn't happened they'd probably still be bigger than us.

I didn't know that.

• Like 1

Ok. here's my take on why it isn't what it "used to be".

10+ years ago, there wasn't Facebook, Myspace had only just begun ( i think?) so message boards WERE social media. it was THE way to communicate. it was community. it was connection. it was another way outside of email for people to communicate, get together meet one another and become friends... and in some instances, more.

Today there are so many different social media outlets that it's overwhelming! i mean, look at the bottom of this window/thread, there are 10 different icons of links. that didn't exist when this board first came to be.

so because of that, people connected here. shared stories, pictures, experiences, music, videos, jokes, games... shared LIVES.

Then a RUSH tour comes around and BAM! the meet ups started happening. although in the case of this board, meet ups with people who made connection happened between tours. look up Tick Cliq BBQ, then there was a meet up with some of us in NYC - which led to Cinco De Mayo & the Coney Island Chaos, PAGSCON I, II & III.

in 2007, i went to 5 RUSH shows in the US & Canada - which i never did before - ever (and haven't since) it had nothing to do with the show or the band - it was about the PEOPLE and meeting up with those whom i had come to know and LOVE on this board.

I will never forget those times, the people, the friendships gained (and lost). I treasure those memories & experiences.

Peoples lives change, though man. Life gets in the way and shit happens. i know some of the "old timers" still lurk here, rarely if ever log in or post, but still browse. gotta go with the flow of life ... :)

• Like 4

Some of the best stuff came over here... ;)

Aprul and White Trash was a classic from the good old days.

i have met both of them. I have a picture of me & White Trash somewhere....

Tru story... :yes:

This is my only means of connecting with anyone. I'm not on any other social media.

I deeply regret having found TRF so late. I've said this before here and I will say it again because I meant it before and I mean it now. If I had lots of money, I would arrange at a location an event for the members here to we could all meet. For those who would want to come and couldn't, I would pay for it. Just so I could meet in person everyone here.

In all the years I have been on the internet, I have never encountered a group of people like the ones here. Again, something I've said a few times before and will repeat, Rush fans say more for Rush than anything else. And I mean that with my heart.

• Like 6

This is my only means of connecting with anyone. I'm not on any other social media.

I deeply regret having found TRF so late. I've said this before here and I will say it again because I meant it before and I mean it now. If I had lots of money, I would arrange at a location an event for the members here to we could all meet. For those who would want to come and couldn't, I would pay for it. Just so I could meet in person everyone here.

In all the years I have been on the internet, I have never encountered a group of people like the ones here. Again, something I've said a few times before and will repeat, Rush fans say more for Rush than anything else. And I mean that with my heart.

Soppy old sod!

Soppy old sod!

:)

Some of the best stuff came over here... ;)

Imports are good.

Soppy old sod!

I think you watered Tony's eye!
  • Like 2

Tons of amazing friends, whom I adore. Tons of laugh . Tons of tears. Lots of romance, and lots of heartbreak.

This place was here for me when I was in a horrid marriage and they all were here with me during my divorce and the awful time afte . These people called me from across the world when I was in the hospital and banded together to send me Amazon gift cards when my Rush collection was stolen out of my ca .

Best. Plac . Ever.

I love you, man . And wimmin .

• Like 3

Tons of amazing friends, whom I adore. Tons of laugh . Tons of tears. Lots of romance, and lots of heartbreak.

This place was here for me when I was in a horrid marriage and they all were here with me during my divorce and the awful time afte . These people called me from across the world when I was in the hospital and banded together to send me Amazon gift cards when my Rush collection was stolen out of my ca .

Best. Plac . Ever.

I love you, man . And wimmin .

Thanks, Alsgal, for that! :)

Where have you been?

Just working two jobs right now. Focused on building my book of business in the salon industry again.

Been feeling kind of low, but pulling my kit shickers on and dealing with it. :ebert:

• Like 1