Unplanned meetings with Rush

Christo

I met Geddy Lee on the street in Toronto in 1986! Totally random, friends drove from our hometown to walk up and down Yonge St. on a Friday night (it was a very cool thing to do in the 80's! Check the Subdivisions video out, it was very much like that :) ). Anyway, we met him on Bay St., while going back to the car. I can't remember much at all, except he signed some things and was nice. I remember that night, too, because on the way home it was raining and we were in a car accident. It was one of those flukey ones where despite the driver losing control we somehow managed to thread a needle of two large trees by the edge of the road--if we'd hit either at the speed we were going we'd probably have been done for--and instead drove relatively safely through tall grass for another couple of hundred yards. After we got out of the car and walked back to the road we were all silent, but we definitely noticed every huge tree trunk we'd missed by a foot or two.

Maybe St. Geddy was with me that night. :)

Lucky Jane! At the height of his handsomeness too!! :wub:

In 2012 I walked around to the back of the arena (San Jose) in the mid afternoon out of sheer boredom. My hotel was nearby and I had nothing to do while waiting for showtime. I was talking with some of the road crew and Neil pulled up on his red motorcycle along with his riding companion. I didn't even bother attempting to acknowledge him because I know he hates that whole thing. So, I was surprised when he nodded his head at me with a friendly gesture of hello. He seems happy when he's on his bike or hiking. He was much taller than I ever realized. I would love to meet Ged and Al. Would love to ask each of them what their favorite Rush song is.

That's interesting.

How tall would you presume he is?

Neil is 6'4" (1.93 m)

Alex is 6'0" (1.83 m)

and Geddy is the "short" one at 5'10" (1.78 m)

according to a Google search for their heights.

You can judge for yourself. I'm 1.74 m.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/ALEX-GEDDY-ICHII.jpg

• Like 4

In 2012 I walked around to the back of the arena (San Jose) in the mid afternoon out of sheer boredom. My hotel was nearby and I had nothing to do while waiting for showtime. I was talking with some of the road crew and Neil pulled up on his red motorcycle along with his riding companion. I didn't even bother attempting to acknowledge him because I know he hates that whole thing. So, I was surprised when he nodded his head at me with a friendly gesture of hello. He seems happy when he's on his bike or hiking. He was much taller than I ever realized. I would love to meet Ged and Al. Would love to ask each of them what their favorite Rush song is.

That's interesting.

Neil is 6'4" (1.93 m)

Alex is 6'0" (1.83 m)

Whether Its fake or not, at least Alex flashes the big smiles. Geddy has that "I hope the Jays win tonight " look.
  • Like 1

That's interesting.

Neil is 6'4" (1.93 m)

Alex is 6'0" (1.83 m)

Whether Its fake or not, at least Alex flashes the big smiles. Geddy has that "I hope the Jays win tonight " look.

I really wish I knew how to convert metric to normal.

That's interesting.

Neil is 6'4" (1.93 m)

Alex is 6'0" (1.83 m)

About 5 ft 9 inches

That's interesting.

Neil is 6'4" (1.93 m)

Alex is 6'0" (1.83 m)

Go to Google, type in "1.74 m in feet" and it will tell you. (5.7 feet, or 5'8".)

FYI, you can ask Google for all sorts of conversions that way without having to do it yourself.

• Like 1

That's interesting.

Neil is 6'4" (1.93 m)

Alex is 6'0" (1.83 m)

You can just look at a ruler, too.:)

Thirty centimeters per foot.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

FYI- for just about everyone except North Americans, the metric system IS normal.

"Everybody got to deviate from the norm..."

This is America - We are never wrong.

Next you'll tell me Alex weighs 14.28 Stones

That's interesting.

Neil is 6'4" (1.93 m)

Alex is 6'0" (1.83 m)

Go to Google, type in "1.74 m in feet" and it will tell you. (5.7 feet, or 5'8".)

FYI, you can ask Google for all sorts of conversions that way without having to do it yourself.

What is this Google you speak of??

I ran into Ged at the hotel across from the venue in St. Paul in 2008. I was sort of dumbstruck and we exhanged a quick hello, but he looked like he was dealing with something at the time so I thought I'd just leave it at that. Afterwards I wished I had thought of something more but it all caught me by surprise. He was indeed just a tad shorter than me and I'm 6'0".

That's interesting.

Neil is 6'4" (1.93 m)

Alex is 6'0" (1.83 m)

You must be in US.. Metric is normal ;);)

That's interesting.

Neil is 6'4" (1.93 m)

Alex is 6'0" (1.83 m)

What is this Google you speak of??

It's this guy here. He seems to know just about everything.

http://www.visualphotos.com/photo/2x4061701/man-struggling-with-library-books.jpg