The 2015 Chicago Cubs thread...

Now go sweep the Giants.

Bumgarner's throwing Tuesday.

Bumgarner's coming off a dominant August in which he went 5-0 with a 1.43 ERA in five starts. He recorded his 25th career double-digit strikeout game and his sixth this year in his last outing against the Cubs.

Kershaw Wednesday for Big Blue. :dweez:

Now go sweep the Giants.

Bumgarner's throwing Tuesday.

Bumgarner's coming off a dominant August in which he went 5-0 with a 1.43 ERA in five starts. He recorded his 25th career double-digit strikeout game and his sixth this year in his last outing against the Cubs.

Kershaw Wednesday for Big Blue. :dweez:

The Dodgers should be able to handle MadBum. He had an August ERA a full run higher than Arrieta's.

HE f***ing DID IT. NO HITTER ARRIETA

He absolutely pitched out of his gourd. Good for him.

I especially like the fact even Arrieta said he thought Hernandez deserved a hit in the third. That's class to not only see things objectively in your own game, but to admit it. Nevertheless, the scorer made his call and it goes down as a no-no... and the no-no really does demonstrate how good he was last night.

Plus, I like anything that pisses off that diva Adrian Gonzalez (is there a better fit for shallow, plastic Hollywood than this guy?). Gonzalez, of course, was talking about the non-hit hit almost immediately post game and I could tell getting no-hit twice in 10 days eats at his craw. As it should.... what a punk. His whole Mickey Mouse ears thing a couple of years ago was priceless.... that's pretty much what he is.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime
  • Like 2

I especially like the fact even Arrieta said he thought Hernandez deserved a hit in the third. That's class to not only see things objectively in your own game, but to admit it. Nevertheless, the scorer made his call and it goes down as a no-no... and the no-no really does demonstrate how good he was last night.

Plus, I like anything that pisses off that diva Adrian Gonzalez (is there a better fit for shallow, plastic Hollywood than this guy?). Gonzalez, of course, was talking about the non-hit hit almost immediately post game and I could tell getting no-hit twice in 10 days eats at his craw. As it should.... what a punk. His whole Mickey Mouse ears thing a couple of years ago was priceless.... that's pretty much what he is.

That is classy,

I haven't seen the highlights of the play. Being a Dodgers fan that didn't help my Sunday afternoon. :P But congrats to the guy. Any no hitter pitched no matter the team is always a special moment. :cheers:

Arrieta's been through seven twice with no nos (last year). I remember saying to the people I was watching with that one reason he called it an error is because he wanted the first hit to be clean. Even though it was in the third inning, the guy has that kind of stuff.

• Like 1

Arrieta's been through seven twice with no nos (last year). I remember saying to the people I was watching with that one reason he called it an error is because he wanted the first hit to be clean. Even though it was in the third inning, the guy has that kind of stuff.

Is he a vet?

Haven't followed baseball much this year.

Is he a vet?

He has a few years in him at age 29, but doesn't have that much mileage on him. He was in Baltimore for a few years and was garbage, then we got him a couple years ago and he's turned into an absolute monster.

• Like 2

Is he a vet?

He has a few years in him at age 29, but doesn't have that much mileage on him. He was in Baltimore for a few years and was garbage, then we got him a couple years ago and he's turned into an absolute monster.

Here are his stats.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/a/arrieja01.shtml

• Like 1

Cubs get OF Austin Jackson from the Mariners for a TBA player.

Let's hope PTBNL is Austin Jackson...