The 2015 Chicago Cubs thread...

LOL Cubs fans!

Hey, maybe we could trade for Strasberg? Who could we send over...Rosscup? Phil Coke?

You'd have to pay his salary though. Maybe you could send over all of your World Series trophies while you're at it...they've got to be worth something.

• Like 1

LOL Cubs fans!

Hey, maybe we could trade for Strasberg? Who could we send over...Rosscup? Phil Coke?

You'd have to pay his salary though. Maybe you could send over all of your World Series trophies while you're at it...they've got to be worth something.

You've got to love the confidence that the Nationals' front office has in their players, though. Trying to win a World Series with Matt Williams as manager...that takes some huge cojones.

I'd be pretty happy if we got rid of Edwin Jackson.

For Strasberg? That might work.

Maddon might be tempted to use him in some non-low leverage situations though.

LOL Cubs fans!

I think you're going to see Strassberg be the new Josh Johnson, on his way to his second Tommy John surgery soon enough.

LOL Cubs fans!

I think you're going to see Strassberg be the new Josh Johnson, on his way to his second Tommy John surgery soon enough.

Oh, I wouldn't at all be surprised.

In some sense, National fan trolls notwithstanding, it's too bad. The guy had electric stuff at one point and it's almost always a pleasure to watch someone with that type of ability. I wonder if some of these guys are too good (like Kerry Wood) and that the human arm is not designed to do over even the intermediate term what most of these guys can do short term.

I'd be more than happy to trade any of our current players for one of your World Series trophies that was less than 100 years old.

Oh, you don't have any? Then GFY!

LOL Cubs fans!

In some sense, National fan trolls notwithstanding, it's too bad. The guy had electric stuff at one point and it's almost always a pleasure to watch someone with that type of ability. I wonder if some of these guys are too good (like Kerry Wood) and that the human arm is not designed to do over even the intermediate term what most of these guys can do short term.

I think so. Look at Josh Johnson. I mean the three years he was healthy, NO ONE could touch him. Same with Strassberg. I fear Matt Harvey is going to be in the same boat.

It's a shame, too. All three of these guys are just awesome talents

• Like 1

I'd be more than happy to trade any of our current players for one of your World Series trophies that was less than 100 years old.

2 > 0

How about your Stanley Cups? Certainly with the great Alexander Ovechkin on your roster you have to have at least a couple of those.

Damn. I was I wasn't a toddler when rookie Kerry Wood threw 20 K's.

I watched that game live (from the third or fourth inning on). I had inserted him into my fantasy baseball lineup right before that start.

According to Bill James' game scores, that was the greatest pitched game ever. And the linescore didn't do it justice.

• Like 1

LOL Cubs fans!

I think so. Look at Josh Johnson. I mean the three years he was healthy, NO ONE could touch him. Same with Strassberg. I fear Matt Harvey is going to be in the same boat.

Yeah, the dead arm thing for Harvey is a bad harbinger. He's been amazing coming back from what he had, with a much quicker return to dominance than most others who come back.

LOL Cubs fans!

Yeah, the dead arm thing for Harvey is a bad harbinger. He's been amazing coming back from what he had, with a much quicker return to dominance than most others who come back.

It is a real concern and the Muts should shut his ass down. Tanaka and Darvish aren't a good enough lesson, I guess.
  • Like 1

2 > 0

How about your Stanley Cups? Certainly with the great Alexander Ovechkin on your roster you have to have at least a couple of those.

It's a good thing you don't eat straw like this in SOCN.

:LOL:

2 > 0

Likewise.

What happened to your Wizards icon by the way?

2 > 0

Likewise.

Same thing that happened to all of your sports related AV's, I suppose.

2 > 0

Likewise.

Switches to the Nats avatar only after they take a win from the Cubs. Total BM, bro!

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 1

2 > 0

Likewise.

Switches the the Nats avatar only after they take a win from the Cubs. Total BM, bro!

Oh please!

2 > 0

Likewise.

Lol the Dolphins. At least Chicago made it to a Super Bowl in the last 10 years :P

• Like 1

2 > 0

Likewise.

Lol the Dolphins. At least Chicago made it to a Super Bowl in the last 10 years :P

A) How'd they do when they got there?

B ) When they met that year in the regular season, in Chicago, who kicked who's ass?