Gave Presto another chance...

laughedatbytime

Presto is a 4/5 star album, excellent collection of tunes, lots of atmosphere and a hint of winter... Edited by Na na na
  • Like 2

Presto is a 4/5 star album, excellent collection of tunes, lots of atmosphere and a hint of winter...

I gets hints of cedar, leather, dark chocolate and toast, with a little pepper on the finish.

• Like 1

Presto is a 4/5 star album, excellent collection of tunes, lots of atmosphere and a hint of winter...

I gets hints of cedar, leather, dark chocolate and toast, with a little pepper on the finish.

Sounds like a great aftershave http://badgerandblade.com/vb/images/smilies/shaving.gif :LOL:

Sounds like a great aftershave http://badgerandblade.com/vb/images/smilies/shaving.gif :LOL:

:LOL: I was going for premium hand rolled cigar. Many cigar tasting reviews read like what I typed above.

• Like 1

:LOL: I was going for premium hand rolled cigar. Many cigar tasting reviews read like what I typed above.

Got me thinking of Pinaud Special Reserve Aftershave http://straightrazorplace.com/attachments/site-help-comments-suggestions/70672d1307085932-found-thought-forum-smiley_shaving.gif

Pretty much leave out War Paint, Scars and Superconductor and ifs pretty freaking good.

Miles better rhan RtB.

You Bet Your Life is kinda the nail in the coffin for RTB

It is absolutely awful. And I would take Superconductor over any one of YBYL, Wheel or Face Up.

Agreed except Big Wheel. I like it. The chorus makes me warm and fuzzy.

• Like 1

it would rate higher for me if the production weren't so thin.

and it all came together for me. Beautiful tunes, thumping bass, fabulous lyrics (love the Anagrams in Anagram for Mongo!...and who thinks to write a song about rock paper scissors and make it so profound)...just a masterpiece from the opening strains to the final fade.

And that Superconductor...what a great commentary on the nature of modern fame. Wrapped in a delicious chorus. Now I know what all of the Presto connoisseurs were talking about all these years.

Definitely in my top 5. I reject everything I said about this album before...this is perfection....even Scars pulls you in by the first few seconds.

I only just saw this thread and read only your post.

Is this an April Fool's joke?

it would rate higher for me if the production weren't so thin.

It is thin sounding...but I like it, I love my shm japan mini lp cd :)

Exception Scars you pointed out all or at least the majority of the stuff I don't like about the album. As I have stated I like about 6 out of the 11 songs...

What day is today?

It's a beautiful day to be enjoying one of Rush's masterpiece. In fact, it IS their mid career masterpiece...

:unsure:

LABT, when you have finished singing the praises of Presto, I will turn you on to one of their end of career masterpieces. :yes:

S&A? That album picks me up every time I hear it. It's almost too bouncy.

• Like 1

LABT, when you have finished singing the praises of Presto, I will turn you on to one of their end of career masterpieces. :yes:

S&A? That album picks me up every time I hear it. It's almost too bouncy.

Some folks think jumping off a bridge is better, but I don't know. :dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

• Like 1

I actually quite like "Snakes and Arrows".

But, I like "Feedback" better than "Presto".

That being said, the Audio Fidelity version of "Presto" sounds very good.

Feedback >>>>> Presto = S&A.

• Like 1

I actually quite like "Snakes and Arrows".

But, I like "Feedback" better than "Presto".

That being said, the Audio Fidelity version of "Presto" sounds very good.

It grew on me after many listenings. I'm glad I didn't give up on it after my first listen.

I'll always have a fondness for this album as it brought me back to the band. Stopped listening after PoW frustrated by the deluge of synth on HYF, and opted out of the 87-88 tour (the only one outside of CP that Ive missed since 82).

The return to a guitar driven sound was a welcome surprise, and the songs, while not top tier, were certainly enjoyable enough. I viewed it as a comeback of sorts, and the tour was great, esp Xanadu.

So not a great Rush album for me, but certainly a good one. And better than any of the post Counterparts output for sure.

• Like 1