• A Farewell to kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures

A farewell fit for kings.

:rfl:

My 1000th post!

Congrats... :cheers:

Thanks, Narpsberg. I know it's not that much, but i only made Prime Mover exactly 4 weeks ago, so I'm satisfied.

• Like 1

Xanadu, Cygnus, and the title track are golden. I'm tired of Closer to the Heart. It just doesn't have the power Tom Sawyer, Limelight, and Spirit of the Radio have after repeated listens. Cinderella Man is a solid song, and Madrigal is just boring to me.

Okay. Have to defend AFTK here. I can't take this gutless, ruthless ripping apart of the album.

I agree on Xanadu, Cygnus and AFTK the song, so no problem there.

Closer to the heart is one of the band's finest songs, and to say it doesn't have the power of TS, Limelight and SOR after repeated lsitens to me is proposterous. It really is. I know it's only your opinion which of course you're fully entitled to, however CTTH is a Rush golden track. Timeless, and never tiring.

P.s. I was never a fan of Madrigal either in fairness.

Xanadu, Cygnus, and the title track are golden. I'm tired of Closer to the Heart. It just doesn't have the power Tom Sawyer, Limelight, and Spirit of the Radio have after repeated listens. Cinderella Man is a solid song, and Madrigal is just boring to me.

Okay. Have to defend AFTK here. I can't take this gutless, ruthless ripping apart of the album.

Closer to the heart is one of the band's finest songs, and to say it doesn't have the power of TS, Limelight and SOR after repeated lsitens to me is proposterous. It really is. I know it's only your opinion which of course you're fully entitled to, however CTTH is a Rush golden track. Timeless, and never tiring.

This was my 50th post. I'm glad at how it was spent.

• Like 1

Even Rush got sick of it and stopped playing it for several years....

Wish they'd done that with Tom Sawyer and TSOR.

:o

What? Maybe we could have gotten some deeper tracks or something. They've felt the need to play TS and TSOR so much it's gotten old.

What? Maybe we could have gotten some deeper tracks or something. They've felt the need to play TS and TSOR so much it's gotten old.

I sort of agree...I mean, I agree that it would be great to get a little more variation in the sets, where those two songs have always been...but at the same time, I don't feel so much that they've gotten old, necessarily. I still love both songs.

• Like 1