New Interview with Neil

rock n roll over

Just a slick way to imply "This is it, kiddies! Rush's farewell tour. Better get your tickets cuz we are really done after this. No more Rush. No more live dvds. We're serious this time!"

Gee, what a tremendous coincidence. Stated the same day they decide to tour. Incredible. If the setlist for this show is going to be the usual garbage, I would just encourage them to pull the plug now and disappear into obscurity. No, really. They are such a tremendous insult to themselves and their history. What a f*cking disappointment this once great band has turned into.

If you dislike what they've become so much, why do you even bother posting on a Rush "fan" forum? It makes no sense.

• Like 1

They have often booked one leg, then announced that they are feeling great and playing great and they add a leg. Then before the next they lament the toll it takes. If I were to predict I think they will extend this tour a bit and that there will be more live shows in next 2 years following an album but either shorter shows or shorter tour.

John Good from DW was talking about the new snare and Kit for Neil and made mention of it being for "Their farewell tour or whatever they are calling it". Glad I got my tickets for St.Louis.. it will be my 12yr old son's first concert.

I kinda agree that they may yet still play live after this tour but it probably won't be any any sort of one off or festival type shows. Even the one offs require starting the whole machine again and rehearsing. When they did the SARS show about 13 years ago, they rehearsed for about a week and Neil rehearsed for a week prior to that by himself therefore, one gig takes two weeks of their time and that was just a 40 minute set. One offs don't make any sense for the way Rush like to work.

I could see more of a 5 night run in each city like Toronto, NYC, Chicago and LA.. they would probably be able to gross almost as much as this current tour as long as fans were willing to travel to them. But again, for Neil, that's time spent away from family which he is more reluctant to do.

-M

This may very well be the last tour, but I certainly wouldn't conclude it from this article. There are very few actual quotes by Neil himself, particularly regarding this tour. I read more personal opinion from the author, who by the way got at least one fact incorrect - Neil rides a R1200GS -- he USED TO ride an 1100, years ago. This article seems like a re-hash of old news with speculation thrown in for relevancy.

Still, I wish I were the one sharing a dram with Peart, not that guy. :P

Just a slick way to imply "This is it, kiddies! Rush's farewell tour. Better get your tickets cuz we are really done after this. No more Rush. No more live dvds. We're serious this time!"

Gee, what a tremendous coincidence. Stated the same day they decide to tour. Incredible. If the setlist for this show is going to be the usual garbage, I would just encourage them to pull the plug now and disappear into obscurity. No, really. They are such a tremendous insult to themselves and their history. What a f*cking disappointment this once great band has turned into.

If you dislike what they've become so much, why do you even bother posting on a Rush "fan" forum? It makes no sense.

Because he's a fan of what they once were and honors them for that because no one can take that away from Rush.

• Like 1

As his father Glen once told me: “We can’t explain him. His mother and I say, ‘We don’t know where he came from.’”

:LMAO: Well, if Neil's mommy and daddy say that, what can the rest of us say? :joker:

Neil's a 2112 man. That's why no one can explain him. He is here before his appointed time. :)

Because he's a fan of what they once were and honors them for that because no one can take that away from Rush.

Honors them? I haven't seen any sign of that.

Look for it. :)

Look for it. :)

I mean since I've been a member here.

There's a difference between honouring a band while being critical of them, and making it sound like you need a therapist because of them.

Plenty of bands have gone way beyond their years with drama, brutal work ethic, and zero respect for their fans. Rush is extremely far from being one of those bands. And if people really think Rush has gone that way, then they really don't know a lot of bands.

• Like 2