Any good seats left for public sale?

AstrosJake

I'm furious with myself that I didn't realize that Rush Newsletter subscribers got a pre-sale on the 23rd. I thought it was just VIP Packages that went on sale that day. I want to get floor seats (within 20 rows) and my best bet is to jump on the mobile pre-sale on Thursday for the Chicago show.

My question is, how exactly do these ticket sales work? I've obviously bought tickets to concerts before, but I'm not too familiar with how pre-sales work. Were all of the closest seats sold during the fan pre-sale?? Or do they sell them in blocks, leaving some of the closer seats available for people buying them from the mobile pre-sale on Thursday or even the public sale on Friday?

I want to see Rush really close at least once, and I'm afraid of having to turn to Stubhub and paying way more than face value.

I don't know how it all works - I have had limited success in the past with presale and public sale. I did one VIP last tour and considered it this time... but it is just too expensive for my taste. I plan to do two shows this tour (down from past tours....) one near home (Tampa) and travel to one with a friend (Philly) This past Friday, I gave the Philly pre-sale a try, just to see what I could pull up. First try at the highest price at 10:00:01 am - nothing available. Next tier down - nothing available. Next tier down - nosebleed seats at very high prices; no thank you. I tried the higher levels again a few times and then, after maybe 15/20 minutes - 7th row floor on Alex's side popped up. I grabbed them. (Glad I didn't do VIP when I could get these for a less than half of the price!)

Sorry I can't tell you how it works; it just seems like a gamble (unless you "lock in" the good seats with VIP or wait and pay premiums for stub-hub etc.) but thought I'd share my experience. Good luck!

• Like 2

Thanks - Thursday morning, I'll keep trying even if it doesn't give me anything at first. I just hope the whole front of the floor didn't sell last week.

I want to see Rush really close at least once, and I'm afraid of having to turn to Stubhub and paying way more than face value.

Don't sweat it. If all else fails, the Stub has a front row seat at the Chicago venue for a mere three thousand three hundred dollars. I'm sure you will agree it is a bargain price. :cool:

Each company serving out tickets has a lot that includes tickets from various sections. There are just as many close seats for public as well as fan presale. It's simply about timing, the process is similar for each. I like getting things right away and they know many are like that. But, I can assure that you can get great seats at all of the sales and that first is not always best.

Each company serving out tickets has a lot that includes tickets from various sections. There are just as many close seats for public as well as fan presale. It's simply about timing, the process is similar for each. I like getting things right away and they know many are like that. But, I can assure that you can get great seats at all of the sales and that first is not always best.

alright, awesome! this is a relief. I'm going to try to have 2 phones working at once lol... so I can pull up tickets on one phone and try to see if I can get closer with the other before the time runs out.

I'm furious with myself that I didn't realize that Rush Newsletter subscribers got a pre-sale on the 23rd. I thought it was just VIP Packages that went on sale that day. I want to get floor seats (within 20 rows) and my best bet is to jump on the mobile pre-sale on Thursday for the Chicago show.

My question is, how exactly do these ticket sales work? I've obviously bought tickets to concerts before, but I'm not too familiar with how pre-sales work. Were all of the closest seats sold during the fan pre-sale?? Or do they sell them in blocks, leaving some of the closer seats available for people buying them from the mobile pre-sale on Thursday or even the public sale on Friday?

It was VIP tickets that went on sale that day.

Look at this way, you could pay 100.00 and sit right next to or behind a VIP sucker.

It was VIP tickets that went on sale that day.

Look at this way, you could pay 100.00 and sit right next to or behind a VIP sucker.

the fan pre-sale also went on sale that day for people subscribed to the newsletter.

oh and by the way... we live in the same town........