Anthem on next tour!

YYZumbi

Call me a downer but Ged CANNOT pull this off. I'm cringing already.

Mick

You can never be positive...

oh just stop dude. Have you heard his vocals lately? Be honest and not an overbearing rush head. I have plenty of Rush i've praised.

Just being Realistic.

Mick

• Like 3

Thank goodness Geddy never sang Xanadu as high as Anthem. But I wouldn't care if he didn't sing the song at all. Just play it. The audience will sing along! :)

Well they could just play it.........nobody is gonna care about vocals in a concert. and it's a great song.

See? positive :D

Mick

• Like 1

They should make a second part to Xanadu that tells about how the protagonist was rescued in the end by a traveling Neil Peart and taken home to California to be put in rehab.
  • Like 2

Anthem is just about the only thing I like from FBN and it is an awesome live song when done right.

However I think it might be beyond Geddy vocally and would rather them play a few other songs from the 70's...namely Cinderella Man

• Like 2

Anthem is just about the only thing I like from FBN and it is an awesome live song when done right.

However I think it might be beyond Geddy vocally and would rather them play a few other songs from the 70's...namely Cinderella Man

100% agree!! Cinderella Man HAS to be played! Watching them play that middle instrumental part would blow the classical music out my butt!!
  • Like 2

Call me a downer but Ged CANNOT pull this off. I'm cringing already.

Mick

You can never be positive...

oh just stop dude. Have you heard his vocals lately? Be honest and not an overbearing rush head. I have plenty of Rush i've praised.

Just being Realistic.

Mick

Geddy sounded awesome on the Clockwork Angels tour.

Bite me.

• Like 1

Here's something from a little Geddy interview this past November:

A few months ago, Alex told us about a possible 41st anniversary tour where you'd play rare material.

Well, we haven't really talked about what we would do if we get over the hump and decide if we're going to do something. Once that happens, we'll get into specifics. But I would think if we're going to do some sort of anniversary thing, it'll probably be a "trip through the years" kind of thing.

If that does happen, I want to run down some songs you haven't played in a while and get your reaction to them. Let's start with "Fly By Night." That was a hit, but you haven't played it since 1978.

I don't know, man. That song scares me.

Because the vocals are so high?

It's a high song. It's also a time and a place. I wouldn't say no, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

How about "The Necromancer?"

"We are men from Willowdale." Yeah, I don't know. Same thing. That whole Caress of Steel period is stuck in a strange and funny moment in our history. I really don't know how that would stand the test of time.

A few months ago, Alex told us about a possible 41st anniversary tour where you'd play rare material.

Well, we haven't really talked about what we would do if we get over the hump and decide if we're going to do something. Once that happens, we'll get into specifics. But I would think if we're going to do some sort of anniversary thing, it'll probably be a "trip through the years" kind of thing.

If that does happen, I want to run down some songs you haven't played in a while and get your reaction to them. Let's start with "Fly By Night." That was a hit, but you haven't played it since 1978.

It's a high song. It's also a time and a place. I wouldn't say no, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

"We are men from Willowdale." Yeah, I don't know. Same thing. That whole Caress of Steel period is stuck in a strange and funny moment in our history. I really don't know how that would stand the test of time.

Geez Ged.... :facepalm:

Geez Ged.... :facepalm:

Isn't that a shame?

Geddy needs to read The Rush Forum more. :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :cool:

• Like 1

Anthem holds a special place in my heart being as it was the first Rush song I heard live (Hemispheres tour), but please for God's sake, no.
  • Like 1

We can tell him about The Necromancer. YES GEDDY, PLAY IT! :LOL: