I'm Stoked!!!

Narps

Awesome thread Narpski! It reminds me EXACTLY of myself a few months ago.. Dropping an actual needle on and actual record for the first time since like 1981.. Unreal!! I was just grinning from ear to ear and couldn't stop lol.

You even have a copy of ATWAS that's older than mine! My brother bought mine in about 1978 I think.

Now with my originals and the stuff I bought since, I have maybe 70 albums. 30 or so Rush :)

As the avatar indicates, I'm a 70's child!! I kinda miss those days

Thanks friend. It is cool indeed to fire up all my old albums again... :)

What other albums are in that stack? :codger:

A sh*tload of pre 80' Yes and Yes band members solo projects. I must have 6 or 7 Rick Wakeman albums. All pre 80' Priest, Scorpions, AC'DC, Pat Travers Band, UFO, Triumph, Budgie, All Zep realeases, early Van Halen and much more. I have all of Rush from Grace Under Pressure back. My first order of business will be to get Close To The Edge. As in a previous post I stated I don't know how in the hell I don't have that when I have everything else Yes under the sun. I will also get Power Windows, HYF and Presto soonest. If the record store I found is a vast as it looks Lord knows what gems I can find in there used and for cheap!! Can't wait to go look. I may swing by there tomorrow just to get a taste.... :)

Awesome!!

A new store just opened here recently. I need to check it out.

• Like 1

Hey Narpster, if you don't have them, why not get the recently re-issued Angel albums on vinyl? I got them for my wife & she LOVES them!

They're by Rock Candy. They've only done the first 3 so far but I think the others are in the pipeline.

I have their first 4 releases. I double checked yesterday. Angel, Helluva Band, On Earth As It Is In Heaven and White Hot. I can't wait to fire up Tower and the like. My wife goes back to work tomorrow and I will have plenty of time to rock this house.... :cheers:
  • Like 3

Do you have the original "Frampton Comes Alive"? :smoke:

That one I don't. I think my brother must have had it and played it to death for a time. I wasn't really interested at that time in what was popular. Example.... No Boston, Foreigner etc.....
  • Like 2

That one I don't. I think my brother must have had it and played it to death for a time. I wasn't really interested at that time in what was popular. Example.... No Boston, Foreigner etc.....

I still love it,

Great memories of sitting around with good friends listening to it along with ATWAS! :codger: :hail: :smoke:

• Like 3

Frampton Comes Alive was one of those I could never get into.

Probably because my brother played it to death.

I was far more interested in Tokyo Tapes...

• Like 3

Yeah,

I hated it when some one would just play one song or album over and over. Drove me nuts! I had a friend who would just listen to Tom Petty's "Refugee". :facepalm:

• Like 1

Me too of course. Got that one. Every band I loved put out a great live recording from 76' to 79' it seemed...
  • Like 3

Glad you found your way back to vinyl and almost better the really nice setup. Good job man. :clap:

Time to let the Budgie out of the cage. :cheers:

If you want to do something good to your LP's, get rid of that stack.

• Like 1

Glad you found your way back to vinyl and almost better the really nice setup. Good job man. :clap:

I am going to install some shelves tomorrow. Not a problem....

Here ya go brother....

http://s23.postimg.org/l2nuec1ij/20150105_114553.jpg

• Like 5

Here ya go brother....

http://s23.postimg.org/l2nuec1ij/20150105_114553.jpg

I feel better now :)

• Like 2

Also, have you thought of keeping your albums in plastic sleeves to protect them from wear? Something like these. I used to keep all my albums in sleeves and they stayed looking new!

I am pretty sure that ship has sailed long ago. These albums are all somewhere between 33-40 years old and have been handled and played to death way back when. Doubt there is anything that will save their patina at this point. Appreciate the suggestion however....
  • Like 2

Also, have you thought of keeping your albums in plastic sleeves to protect them from wear? Something like these. I used to keep all my albums in sleeves and they stayed looking new!

I am pretty sure that ship has sailed long ago. These albums are all somewhere between 33-40 years old and have been handled and played to death way back when. Doubt there is anything that will save their patina at this point. Appreciate the suggestion however....

Yeah, really. A little late for that. :codger:

Since I know that you keep the LP's the right way now, I'll sleep better. :cheers:

What are you going to spin next, Narpski?

Edited by greyfriar

Since I know that you keep the LP's the right way now, I'll sleep better. :cheers:

I can really only listen when my wife is at work so I will get back to it tomorrow. I think I will break out the first Angel album first and give it a listen then go from there....
  • Like 1

I can really only listen when my wife is at work so I will get back to it tomorrow. I think I will break out the first Angel album first and give it a listen then go from there....

Or use headphones :)

• Like 1

Damn the vinyl sounds awesome. I am convinced there is a difference and in a good way. Hell, it even makes Vapor Trails sound decent so there must be something to it... :dweez: Edited by Narpski
  • Like 2