That One Concert You Wish You Went To/Knew About

RushBoingo

Never seeing the real Yes and I had numerous opportunities in the 70's.... :(

I'm sure I know the reason why I never went to see them in the seventies. I got tired of going to concerts and being disappointed that the bands never sounded in concert the same way they did on the albums.

They were doing the "in the round" thing then. I would have loved to have seen them at least once. Regrets I have but a few :musicnote: :musicnote:

I guess I would have too, even if I sat there listening to what was supposed to be Close To The Edge and thinking: what the hell is this supposed to be? :laughing guy:

You have had a wonderful day today my dear. Humor, charm etc. You can have the day off tomorrow.... :D
  • Like 1

did you at least see fake yes?

Nope. I know you did recently....

yeah, I've seen fake yes 3 times now and it's always fun.

I just couldn't do it. I honestly don't care who is behind the drum kit but I want Anderson, Wakeman, Squire and Howe. Never happen but hey thats the way it goes sometimes. I got to see the real AC/DC once so I got that going for me....

For me it's only two:

I've seen a lot of bands over my 40+ year concert career :codger:

but ...

Woodstock 1969 - Friends went but my parent said NO !!! ( I was 14 but still...it was the summertime and I had the blues )

http://youtu.be/gJecJ5SI5W0

Rush at the Capitol Theater 1976 - I live only 15 mins from the Capitol Theater ( which is now gone ). I think I had an exam the day after.

http://youtu.be/_VFG0PEIa8Y

Wow, I would've loved to have seen these as well.

• Like 2

I missed out on Snakes & Arrows tour in Vancouver because my parents didn't want to go, I was 16 and they wouldn't let me take the greyhound and go by myself. Then I missed the Time Machine Tour in Vancouver because I had a family re-union that same weekend and family is somehow more important than RUSH.

Didn't see my first rush concert until Sept, 30th 2012.

I missed both those tours too, I saw Rush first time on R30 and just didn't have anyone to go with so I skipped them. Regret it everytime I listen to the cd's :sigh: :(

I have a few. Never saw Metallica or Judas Priest in their prime. I didn't see a lot of concerts in late 80s and 90s so I missed some rush shows and smashing pumpkins, live, alice in chains, Soundgarden and some other 90s bands I would have liked to have seen live in their prime.

I got to see the real AC/DC once so I got that going for me....

Oh man, I never got to see AC/DC. (And there was only one AC/DC, and they died with Bon Scott.)

Agreed. Just my opinion. I liked B in B but then gave up...

I'm a little late to this thread but here goes... I've been lucky enough to see a lot of the bands I loved, but there are plenty of concerts I wish I had gone to! Limiting myself to the ones that happened when I was old enough to go, here is a start:

Rush on the tours from 1980-1984 and 2002-2008 that I didn't see

Ultravox 1981-1984

Metallica 1984-1986

U2 War tour

Killing Joke during the early 80s

Nevermore

Muse 2003-2006

Tool Aenima tour

Iron Maiden Piece of Mind & Powerslave tours

Big Country The Crossing & Steeltown tours

I just couldn't do it. I honestly don't care who is behind the drum kit but I want Anderson, Wakeman, Squire and Howe. Never happen but hey thats the way it goes sometimes. I got to see the real AC/DC once so I got that going for me....

yeah I'm not as attached to a specific line-up as some of the older fans. the band's always been a chaotic revolving door and I was just happy to see white, howe and squire still sounding good.

yeah I'm not as attached to a specific line-up as some of the older fans. the band's always been a chaotic revolving door and I was just happy to see white, howe and squire still sounding good.

Makes sense. I am just too lazy these days more than anything...
  • Like 1

I too have pretty much seen every band that I want to see. Was too young/not born yet to see some of the great ones from the late 60's/early 70s so I obviously have no regrets there.

The closest thing was seeing Rush on the Power Windows tour. I had just got into the band and they played in Richmond (my hometown). Went to school one day and a bunch of people were wearing Rush shirts from the concern the previous night. Didn't realize they were touring at the time. But, I wouldn't become obsessed with the band for another 6 months or so, so no big deal. I haven't missed a tour since.

Obviously I would have loved to see the Zep reunion from a few years back as well as the Cream reunion. But those shows would be more of a pipe dream.

Of my favorites, I have had a chance to see: Rush, Yes (Union Tour as well as the ABHW tour), Page and Plant (as close to Zep as I have come), The Allman Brothers, The Grateful Dead, The Black Crowes, Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, Gov't Mule