Rolling Stone names top albums of 2014; U2, Springsteen take top two spots.

laughedatbytime

I have said and i stand by enjoying Springsteen's first 4.......then it all blends together. he's made practically the same album since his debut. lol......i'm serious i've heard a good chunk more......and i hear no difference. Variations on a theme......maybe? Kinda? i dunno.

He kinda does blow. :outtahere:

Mick

I have said and i stand by enjoying Springsteen's first 4.......then it all blends together. he's made practically the same album since his debut. lol......i'm serious i've heard a good chunk more......and i hear no difference. Variations on a theme......maybe? Kinda? i dunno.

Mick

Nebraska?

The Seeger Sessions?

Magic?

The River has some fantastic moments. Tunnel Of Love is moving. Human Touch and Lucky Town have a lot of great songs (and plenty of filler). The Ghost Of Tom Joad is an underrated classic. The Rising is incredibly moving and beautifully produced, a River for the 21st century. Wrecking Ball is a combination of classic Springsteen and his folkier leanings that he has embraced a lot in recent years.

We can forget about High Hopes, Working On A Dream and Devils And Dust, but my goodness...the b-sides, the unreleased bootleg lost classics, the outstanding live performances...he has never been in a creative rut. He has been consistently amazing for DECADES!

After his fourth album, he released three albums that on their own terms have little in common with his earlier work. I love him!

Agreed, nothing truly comes close to his first four albums BUT he has never truly lost his way.

Mick

Nebraska?

The Seeger Sessions?

Magic?

The River has some fantastic moments. Tunnel Of Love is moving. Human Touch and Lucky Town have a lot of great songs (and plenty of filler). The Ghost Of Tom Joad is an underrated classic. The Rising is incredibly moving and beautifully produced, a River for the 21st century. Wrecking Ball is a combination of classic Springsteen and his folkier leanings that he has embraced a lot in recent years.

We can forget about High Hopes, Working On A Dream and Devils And Dust, but my goodness...the b-sides, the unreleased bootleg lost classics, the outstanding live performances...he has never been in a creative rut. He has been consistently amazing for DECADES!

After his fourth album, he released three albums that on their own terms have little in common with his earlier work. I love him!

Agreed, nothing truly comes close to his first four albums BUT he has never truly lost his way.

you go Segue........I can only tell you want my ears pick up, lpl

Mick

Springsteen is one of the greatest artists of any form or medium in history.

Haters can go take a trip to the pooper and flush themselves.

Nebraska is the one album that unites fans of Springsteen and those who hate his arena rock stylings. It's the musical equivalent of a great American novel.

Fitting, since a few tracks are inspired by In Cold Blood by Capote.

I will admit my Springsteen taste leans more towards his more bombastic side, but Nebraska is a stunning example of a master storyteller at the peak of his powers.