Rolling Retread Hallway Of Forgetables

MMCXII

Ok I guess this is old news but I just learned of the 2015 list of inductees for the Really Rotten Handful Of Fucktards..

Green Day

Nine Inch Nails

N.W.A

The Smiths

Lou Reed

Sting

The Paul Butterfield Blues Band

Kraftwerk

Chic

Joan Jett & the Blackhearts

The Marvelettes

The Spinners

Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble

War

Bill Withers

These idiots just keep getting more stupid! So.. Deep Purple was eligible last year but what, they missed their chance? I don't usually follow this stuff too closely so maybe I'm wrong on something here but.. Where are the bands that should be on this list?

It is very nice to see Stevie Ray on here and I guess I like Kraftwerk too.. But geez considering what some of these artists have actually contributed, Deep Purple should get in for the Smoke on the Water riff alone.. But then to look at Purple's influence and body of work... Wow

i know we're all sick of this shit so just think up a funny acronym for RRHOF and post it here.. Bastards!!

• Like 2

Nine Inch Nails

The Smiths

Lou Reed

Kraftwerk

Chic

War

Bill Withers

Yeah all these guys get my vote. Not even a fan of any of these, but I really respect them all!

• Like 1

I vote for MMCXII. Ever hear that guy? His classic ode about the angst ridden generation set Canada on fire. His song "I'm a Fucktard but God loves me2" really defined an era back in the day.

I'll probably get in before Deep Purple :(

What does this have to do with Rush? ;)

Some might say RRHOF is Rush related.. But I'm actually with you.. Let's move the thread :P

Nine Inch Nails

The Smiths

Lou Reed

Kraftwerk

Chic

War

Bill Withers

Yeah all these guys get my vote. Not even a fan of any of these, but I really respect them all!

All? That makes one of us ;)

Nine Inch Nails

The Smiths

Lou Reed

Kraftwerk

Chic

War

Bill Withers

Still trying to figure out what Lou Reed has done. Bill Withers. Now there's a name synonymous with (fill in the blank). Kraftwerk—hmmmmm. Boy they set the world on fire.

Joan Jett

SRV

War

On this list, they seem like no brainers

Ok I guess this is old news but I just learned of the 2015 list of inductees for the Really Rotten Handful Of Fucktards..

Green Day

Nine Inch Nails

N.W.A

The Smiths

Lou Reed

Sting

Kraftwerk

Chic

The Marvelettes

The Spinners

War

Bill Withers

These idiots just keep getting more stupid! So.. Deep Purple was eligible last year but what, they missed their chance? I don't usually follow this stuff too closely so maybe I'm wrong on something here but.. Where are the bands that should be on this list?

It is very nice to see Stevie Ray on here and I guess I like Kraftwerk too.. But geez considering what some of these artists have actually contributed, Deep Purple should get in for the Smoke on the Water riff alone.. But then to look at Purple's influence and body of work... Wow

i know we're all sick of this shit so just think up a funny acronym for RRHOF and post it here.. Bastards!!

Green day, nin, nwa, sting, Lou reed, and kraftwerk are all excellent candidates. I would like to see purple in there too but it doesn't mean these acts aren't worthy.

Green Day and NIN are the only one guaranteed to get in because of their popularity. Am i wrong?

I'm not too familiar with NWA but I'm assuming they have something to do with the New World Order.

Listen to Straight Outta Compton. Snoop, Cube, and Dre were all involved with NWA

Edited by Tombstone Mountain

Green Day

Nine Inch Nails

N.W.A

The Smiths

Lou Reed

Sting

Kraftwerk

Chic

The Marvelettes

The Spinners

War

Bill Withers

Green day, nin, nwa, sting, Lou reed, and kraftwerk are all excellent candidates. I would like to see purple in there too but it doesn't mean these acts aren't worthy.

I know some are worthly. Kraftwerk is actually one of my guilty pleasures!

But for Purple, Lizzy and Yes to get in, some names would have to drop off this list ..and they're all good candidates for that!

Count me in the minority, but I don't really know Deep Purple well enough to say that they deserve inclusion. To me, they're a one-hit wonder band, though I guess that they were hard and heavy when few others were, and that probably had an influence on many artists.

From the list, I'd say Green Day and Stevie Ray are the only no-brainers for me. Sting and Lou Reed didn't do enough without their bands to merit inclusion (unlike Robert Plant, who has done more than enough). NWA had a huge influence, but I think they only had 2 albums...that's just not enough of a body of work for me. NIN had a completely new sound and feel, but was another one-hit wonder type band for me. Joan Jett may have some nice pop songs, but her music is a joke. I never got the Smiths, either. I know they are critical darlings, but I just don't get them.

• Like 1

"To me, they're a one-hit wonder band, though I guess that they were hard and heavy when few others were, and that probably had an influence on many artists."

Deep Purple was not a one-hit wonder. If you base it on charting singles then you might as well consider Rush a one-hit wonder too with New World Man. Deep Purple actually had two singles reach the Billboard top ten in the US (Smoke on the Water and Hush both peaked at #4) and they have plenty of radio hits such as Highway Star, Space Truckin', Child of Time, Burn, Wild Woman From Tokyo. Listen to their Machine Head album sometime.

As far as influence just read this (stolen form Wikipedia):

Deep Purple are cited as one of the pioneers of hard rock and heavy metal, along with Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath.[2][116] The group have influenced a number of rock and metal bands including Metallica,[117] Queen,[118] Aerosmith,[119] Van Halen,[120] Alice in Chains,[121] Pantera,[122] Bon Jovi,[123] Europe,[124] Rush,[125] Motörhead,[126] and many New Wave of British Heavy Metal bands such as Iron Maiden,[127] Judas Priest,[128] and Def Leppard.[129] Iron Maiden's bassist and primary songwriter, Steve Harris, states that his band's "heaviness" was inspired by "Black Sabbath and Deep Purple with a bit of Zeppelin thrown in."[130]

In 2000, Deep Purple were ranked number 22 on VH1's "100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock" programme.[131] In 2011, they received the Innovator Award at the 2011 Classic Rock Awards in London.[18] A Rolling Stone readers' poll in 2012 ranked Made in Japan the sixth best live album of all time.[55] As part of the 40th anniversary celebrations of Machine Head (1972), Re-Machined: A Tribute to Deep Purple's Machine Head was released on 25 September 2012.[132] This tribute album features artists such as Iron Maiden, Metallica, Steve Vai, Carlos Santana, Chickenfoot consisting of former Van Halen members Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony, guitarist Joe Satriani and Chad Smith of Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Flaming Lips, Black Label Society, Papa Roach vocalist Jacoby Shaddix, and the supergroup Kings of Chaos featuring Def Leppard vocalist Joe Elliott, Steve Stevens, and former Guns N' Roses members Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum.[132]

• Like 1

"NIN had a completely new sound and feel, but was another one-hit wonder type band for me."

:facepalm:

I didn't even realize it was you Led.

Anyway...NIN isn't a "one-hit wonder"...but you're weird so I guess to you they may as well be...

Anyway, I'm sick. Maybe I'm the one who's getting Ebola before the end of the year.

Edited by savagegrace26

The only time in my life I ever paid the RRHoF any attention was when I watched Rush's acceptance speech. I'm going to keep on not caring about it, just as I don't care about who gets inducted.

I agree with your disdain for them...but I wanted to point out, if I'm not mistaken...KISS was nominated to go in 2 years before they actually made it in. The year in-between, they weren't on the ballot. I know...makes no sense whatsoever, but I'm thinking this could be the same situation...only worse because they'll probably get even less respect. :facepalm:

• Like 1