Who here are New Yorkers?

savagegrace26

I saw loads of people at the coliseum......Rod stewart, Billy Joel........Roger Waters Wall show (Soooo much fun) and one........Barry Manilow, lol

He was a great showman.......i don't care what you say. lol

Mick

Hmmm. Saw Joel twice (think it was at the Garden) and Roger Waters at Jones Beach (not the wall show). Also Jethro Tull at Jones Beach. All in the 90s.

• Like 2

I have loads of southern relatives. it was funny when they first visited. They have more of a um.......softer personality. and they were not prepared. My cousin got cussed out in traffic and cried and it was sad......and funny, lol.

Mick

I have loads of southern relatives. it was funny when they first visited. They have more of a um.......softer personality. and they were not prepared. My cousin got cussed out in traffic and cried and it was sad......and funny, lol.

Mick

I lived in the deep south for almost a year once. Let's just say that I didn't belong there...

• Like 1

Mick

I lived in the deep south for almost a year once. Let's just say that I didn't belong there...

You have to adapt to any situation your in,

I was back east in 2007 during some job training and took the train in to NYC. I was well prepaired for any thing that came my way. It was soooo cool! :dweez: Not sure what it is like there now.

Mick

Oh, I was fine. It was more about people not being able to adapt to me ;)

• Like 2

When i was down south i really had to tone down my mouth......man are they pretty big on manners and shit at least the group i was around........people don't realize cursing helps us new yorkers organize our goddamn thoughts, lol

ohh this is fun

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Mick

Oh, I was fine. It was more about people not being able to adapt to me ;)

That's just it,

I already have that in my head once I go to a place that's a first for me. I need to be ready for some thing totally different from where I live.

Let's hear it for New Yorkers!

But what does this have to do with Rush music?

Without New York there would be no Simon & Garfunkel therefore there would be no:

For the words of the prophets were written on the studio wall

Concert hall

And echoes with the sound of salesmen

Of salesmen, of salesmen

Now this thread is really Rush-related.

The biggest difference is that you can pretty much trust a New Yorker to speak their mind. Ask them a question, they give you a straight answer. Unlike where I live, where everyone pretends. I never encountered a group of bigger phonies in my life than out here.
  • Like 3

The biggest difference is that you can pretty much trust a New Yorker to speak their mind. Ask them a question, they give you a straight answer. Unlike where I live, where everyone pretends. I never encountered a group of bigger phonies in my life than out here.

That's pretty damn true. While I fool around on here a bit, I will give it straight and blunt when it matters and I like it the same way from others.

I live a few hours from the West Coast now. Yeah, people generally don't get straight to the point around here and some can't deal with how direct I am sometimes.

Edited by savagegrace26

Manhattan has everything. If they don't have it, it doesn't yet exist.

Or it's been banned, like 20 oz sodas and meals with transfat.

• Like 2

:goodone:

I knew what to expect. It's NYC! :haz: I met some really nice folks who just said what was on their mind in a peaceful way. They all asked me about Alaska. :cool:

• Like 1

I sometimes wonder what I would think if I went back. It's been over twenty years. Maybe it is better if I just remember it the way it was.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

I sometimes wonder what I would think if I went back. It's been over twenty years. Maybe it is better if I just remember it the way it was/

If you do go back, leave your gun at home. Those are banned too.

And when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

• Like 3

I sometimes wonder what I would think if I went back. It's been over twenty years. Maybe it is better if I just remember it the way it was.

When I was there,

It was so cool getting off the train and seeing life in a totally different way. It was like night and day! :cool:

I sometimes wonder what I would think if I went back. It's been over twenty years. Maybe it is better if I just remember it the way it was/

If you do go back, leave your gun at home. Those are banned too.

And when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

We don't own any guns, so that's no problem.

Me.

http://i.imgur.com/kzznQhG.jpg

tumblr_inline_n4upug5Wj41qhnlhk.jpg

I confess i may have told a porky pie

even if i owned a gun.....my ass would probly drop it and blow my foot off......so good keep em away from me, lol''

The soda thing is beyond stupid though.

Won't make me leave though.

Mick

You'll never find another decent pizza or bagel ever again if you do. :sigh:

• Like 1