Song you always skip

Rutlefan

OLV is a good workout song...

Maybe for some but the sound is just to annoying. I would probably slip off the treadmill checking and rechecking my headphones for quality.... :)
  • Like 3

Just cause i'm bored by album the songs i skip

Debut-Never Listen

FBN-By-tor

COS-I Think I'm going bald (Sometimes)

2112-Twilight Zone

AFT K-Madrical, Cygnus: Book 1

Hemispheres-None

Permanent Waves-None

MP-Witch Hunt

Signals-Countdown

p/g-Red Lenses

Power Windows-Territories

HYF-Tai Shan, High water

Presto-Superconductor

RTB-Face up, You Bet Your Life

CP-The only songs i listen to are Animate, Cut to the Chase, Stick it Out, Leave that Thing alone

T4E-Never listen

VT-Ditto

Snakes-Good News First, Faithless

CA-Caravan, BU2B, Carnies, Seven Cities of Gold, Wish them Well

Mick

• Like 1

Just cause i'm bored by album the songs i skip

Debut-Never Listen

FBN-By-tor

COS-I Think I'm going bald (Sometimes)

2112-Twilight Zone

AFT K-Madrical, Cygnus: Book 1

Hemispheres-None

Permanent Waves-None

MP-Witch Hunt

Signals-Countdown

p/g-Red Lenses

Power Windows-Territories

HYF-Tai Shan, High water

Presto-Superconductor

RTB-Face up, You Bet Your Life

CP-The only songs i listen to are Animate, Cut to the Chase, Stick it Out, Leave that Thing alone

T4E-Never listen

VT-Ditto

Snakes-Good News First, Faithless

CA-Caravan, BU2B, Carnies, Seven Cities of Gold, Wish them Well

Mick

The early stuff on here saddens me a bit. I am going to stay here on the TRF until that turns around as Hemispheres did. I may drop dead first but I have faith in you.... :codger:
  • Like 1

OLV is a good workout song...

Maybe for some but the sound is just to annoying. I would probably slip off the treadmill checking and rechecking my headphones for quality.... :)

I thought it was a good pounding sound, inspirational in a way... I put it as the leadoff song in a mix CD for youth football... to get them pumped up. The sound out of the stadium speakers was so terrible, I changed it out for Hells Bells the next week :LOL:

That was 8 years ago, and the CD is still in the press box, still being used!

• Like 2

The overrated track thread made me wonder what are the most skipped tracks. Limiting myself to pre-Power Windows Rush (as after GUP I tend to skip as many tracks as not), the track I can't listen to anymore is Beneath, Between & Behind from Exit Stage Left. Sticks out like a sore thumb musically there, to me. I'd probably like it on Fly By Night, but I get my Fly By Night fix from All the World's a Stage, so I wouldn't know.

The studio version kicks a**!! :haz:

• Like 3

Since Narpski shared a skipping story, here's mine. When as a wee lad (6th grade I guess) I first got Houses of the Holy. Loved it except for The Crunge, which I loathed. Wasn't good enough that it was at the end of the side so I could have simply lifted the needle, I had to cut grooves in the record so the needle would skip the track. Predictably, all it did was make the needle jump each scored groove and make horrible noises. Worse even was that I scored the wrong side and ruined The Ocean, which was probably my favorite track at the time. THIS is an example of why parents really need to hide guns well so that kids can't get to them; there is no limit as to how idiotic a kid can be.
  • Like 4

Since Narpski shared a skipping story, here's mine. When as a wee lad (6th grade I guess) I first got Houses of the Holy. Loved it except for The Crunge, which I loathed. Wasn't good enough that it was at the end of the side so I could have simply lifted the needle, I had to cut grooves in the record so the needle would skip the track. Predictably, all it did was make the needle jump each scored groove and make horrible noises. Worse even was that I scored the wrong side and ruined The Ocean, which was probably my favorite track at the time. THIS is an example of why parents really need to hide guns well so that kids can't get to them; there is no limit as to how idiotic a kid can be.

That's my favorite album, but I don't like the Crunge much. Still, I listen to it every time so I can here that quintessential white guy ask where that confounded bridge is.

• Like 1

Need Some Love

In The Mood

Rivendell

Making Memories

I Think I'm Going Bald (90% of the time anyway)

Tai'Shan

High Water

War Paint

Anagram

Pretty much all of RTB minus the first 3, WMT and GOAC

Stick It Out

The Speed Of Love

Cold Fire

Everyday Glory

Half The World

The Color Of Right

Dog Years

Limbo

Carve Away The Stone

Out Of The Cradle

The Larger Bowl

Spindrift

Faithless

Bravest Face

Good News First

We Hold On

BU2B

(Not BU2B2, believe it or not)

Wish Them Well

i know it's Preferance but i can't get behind the never skip thing. Certain albums have that perfectness yes.......but never? I can't even try. Some songs just are that bad to me. again i understand it's all down to preference.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1