New Neil Peart News Update - Science Island

Tony R

Cool to see some pics of Le Studio. Someone should buy it and restore it.

Oh, if I had the money, it would be me. I would buy it and restore it as a summer vacation home, thereby making me the king of all Rush fans. Imagine that argument, "Yeah, you have a lot of cool memorabilia. By the way, Moving Pictures was recorded in my living room."

• Like 3

I have been waiting a long time for one of them to return there and post something . Really thought there was plans by the band to somehow restore it into something when they decided to do the documentary.

Le studio is a lost gem the Holy grail of Rush's studio albums . It was the state of the art facility of its time Only Abbey Road and Air Studio Monserrat would remotely compare to the caliber of recording equipment and anvience of Le Studio. The Ora of that place was like no other.

As Neil said it was one of his favourite places and he did his best work there. The band did their best work there

Amazing to know that the rant from Witch Hunt was recorded on the studio steps and the water sounds in natural Science (Tide pools ) was Alex and neil stirring up water with boat oars at the lakeshore .. Thank God for those thin shelled Kamen drums Neil found in the basement of the place - The Red Tama Artstars Rule !

I have a NP Tama banner like Taylor Hawkin's son too that has hung for 20 inspiring years proud .-Nice to see Neil inside that studio again. Hell Neill could make it into a RUSH play room for Olivia.....

• Like 1

I'll always think of Neil walking back and forth from the recording studio to the engineer's room and the clanging of the door like a bank vault door.

That stuck with me too. I would imagine as much of a perfectionist as he is, I can see why he would kind of dread it. I wonder how many takes his drum parts took to perfect?

• Like 1

I'll always think of Neil walking back and forth from the recording studio to the engineer's room and the clanging of the door like a bank vault door.

That stuck with me too. I would imagine as much of a perfectionist as he is, I can see why he would kind of dread it. I wonder how many takes his drum parts took to perfect?

The way he described it, it must have been a lot of times.

Come on Neil, let's run through Tom Sawyer three or four more times until you get it right. Piece of cake.

That's funny. I read somewhere(maybe one of Neil's books?) that Neil was known to nail most of his studio work in one or two takes because he is always so prepared and over-rehearsed. I haven't read this update from Neil yet though.

That's funny. I read somewhere(maybe one of Neil's books?) that Neil was known to nail most of his studio work in one or two takes because he is always so prepared and over-rehearsed. I haven't read this update from Neil yet though.

Maybe that's the case in more recent years compared to the past. I would imagine he's gotten better at it as the years have gone by. :)