Hating Neil Vs. Just Making Fun Of The Guy

ThatLightInYourEyes

Well it started with anime...and goes back to hg wells...the popularity in Americs started with video games I think. I know what steampunk is. It's pretty definable.

you must be fun at parties.

savageass more like it?

What does that mean? You said you don't know what steampunk is and I was just telling you that it's very definable and identifiable.

see http://www.google.co...w=1920&bih=1089

maybe we're getting off on the wrong foot here... I am sensing that robotic, rush fan attitude that is an immediate turnoff. I guess I was reading that frasier attitude into something where it wasn't present.

I know what steampunk is

Look

My comment still stands.

It wasn't necessarily a "joke" that you were supposed to get.

Edited by savagegrace26

Now what is "cyberpunk"?

I thought that was supposed to be set in the future. I think there are design elements that are similar but the futuristic versus an alternate timeline like Steampunk.

Geez. I know what cyberpunk is. Stop with that robotic, rush fan attitude. It's an immediate turnoff.

Huh? Then why did you ask?

Nevermind...it was an "inside" joke...that you'd only get if you read some of the posts that preceded yours...

I've read all the post in this thread. I didn't see the joke. If you're trying to be funny you should put a :-) or something so people know.

I tried that suggestion already a couple weeks ago.... :huh:
  • Like 1

Neil addressed this issue decades ago: "I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited-friend."

And yet in the same song he also wrote that one must put aside the alienation.

He was referring to the worship and pining over from fans. "Put aside that I'm a famous and talented drummer and understand I am not much different from you."

Yeah, and then when you treat him like a regular Joe, he's amazed you don't know who he is. Does anyone here remember the blog post he wrote last year when they were touring? The one when something happened to his motocycle, and some locals helped him out. He "rewarded" them by offering them, in repayment for their kindness, tickets to the Rush concert that night, but the locals didn't even know who Rush was, and Neil was beyond amazed.

I remember that. I thought at the time what a lame thing to offer them if they weren't fans.

If I remember correctly, he was really upset too.

I don't believe you are remembering correctly.

Then set the record straight.

http://*.*

I see I was wrong. Thank you! :)

Now what is "cyberpunk"?

I thought that was supposed to be set in the future. I think there are design elements that are similar but the futuristic versus an alternate timeline like Steampunk.

Geez. I know what cyberpunk is. Stop with that robotic, rush fan attitude. It's an immediate turnoff.

Nevermind...it was an "inside" joke...that you'd only get if you read some of the posts that preceded yours...

I've read all the post in this thread. I didn't see the joke. If you're trying to be funny you should put a :-) or something so people know.

That's boring and predictable.

Now what is "cyberpunk"?

I'm boring and predictable.

Fixed ;)

• Like 1

Now what is "cyberpunk"?

Fixed ;)

Glad you caught my typo

Now what is "cyberpunk"?

Fixed ;)

I was gonna say that being misunderstood or mysterious must be such a thrill for some I guess. I'll pass. I would prefer to be boring and understood clearly....
  • Like 1

Now what is "cyberpunk"?

Fixed ;)

I would prefer to be boring and understood clearly....

And you do a great job with that ;)

F*ck I broke me rule.

Now what is "cyberpunk"?

Fixed ;)

F*ck I broke me rule.

Now that was predictable.... ;)
  • Like 1

Now what is "cyberpunk"?

Fixed ;)

F*ck I broke me rule.

Not me winking at you

Now what is "cyberpunk"?

Fixed ;)

F*ck I broke me rule.

Not me winking at you

I think winking at men is weird...please stop...

Now what is "cyberpunk"?

Fixed ;)

F*ck I broke me rule.

Not me winking at you

I think winking at men is weird...please stop...

Better?.... :coy:

Now what is "cyberpunk"?

Like the rest of your threads?

Now what is "cyberpunk"?

No. Like me. You missed it.

Now what is "cyberpunk"?

No. Like me. You missed it.

Nope, just chose to ignore it.

Children children.. We're supposed to be picking on one of the best drummers in the world here. You disappoint me!

Now what is "cyberpunk"?

yes, it is a turnoff when every rush fan thinks it's cool to act like spock, or worse, sheldon cooper (the character, not the user).

the difference here is, you actually can't help it. you can't control when you're an asshole or not. so I'll be nice.

I feel jilted. You normally reserve those sorts of insults for me.

Children children.. We're supposed to be picking on one of the best drummers in the world here. You disappoint me!

Get back to CP and show 'em what you're really made of!

What bugs me about Neli, is his complete and utter disdain for anything pre moving pictures

I'm not sure if that's entirely true but I've heard Geddy make negative and clueless comments about their earlier music. What Geddy and Neil fail to realize is that they no longer possess the initial enthusiasm and creativity that made them so great. I happen to believe they haven't made a "great" recording since Grace Under Pressure. That was a complete set of songs. Everything since then has been a spattering of good tunes here and there with lots of throw-aways.

At the very least, their earlier music was genuine. It didn't sound contrived. They seemed to want to make the best music they possibly could without compromising. I'm not so sure that's true anymore. For instance, there was a time when they NEVER would have released a live DVD or a recording that sounded like crap - case in point - The R30 and Time Machine DVD's. Those are downright awful and embarrassing. Geddy singing while sick? Are you kidding me? Years ago he would have been mortified and it never would have made the light of day for sale.

• Like 1

Now what is "cyberpunk"?

yes, it is a turnoff when every rush fan thinks it's cool to act like spock, or worse, sheldon cooper (the character, not the user).

the difference here is, you actually can't help it. you can't control when you're an asshole or not. so I'll be nice.

I feel jilted. You normally reserve those sorts of insults for me.

you don't remind me of spock so much. more likes niles crane :)

Geddy singing while sick? Are you kidding me? Years ago he would have been mortified and it never would have made the light of day for sale.

Geddy has said that they are very much "the show must go on" type of band. On one tour, he even played while he had an ear infection, so he's probably proud of singing while sick.

• Like 1