Hating Neil Vs. Just Making Fun Of The Guy

ThatLightInYourEyes

Oh. You're 19? Americans are pretty dumb in general. This is the backed-up by evidence. The average American lives a highly superficial consumerist self-absorbed lifestyle. You'll learn.

That wasn't condescending or anything...
  • Like 2

Oh. You're 19? Americans are pretty dumb in general. This is the backed-up by evidence. The average American lives a highly superficial consumerist self-absorbed lifestyle. You'll learn.

That wasn't condescending or anything...

Toward Americans? Yes. I'm American...

trust me, man. I'm 19. steampunk was soooo huge with kids when CA dropped, that's why the sellouts in rush wrote about it. for the $$$.

you couldn't go to school last year without hearing jocks and cheerleaders go on and on about how cool steampunk is.

Wasn't it initially popular with nerds and the video game/anime crowd?

Chrono Trigger kickstarted the initial popularity of streampunk in my eyes.

dude, I'm bullshitting. no one knows what the hell steampunk is.

you're probably right that if there's any steampunk fad, it's because of stuff like chrono trigger and final fantasy 7 (if that counts) and other rpg's.

• Like 3

I know this, and I love my superficial consumerist self-absorbed lifestyle. I think most folks in any civilized country like to consume things and I'd wager every single person you've ever met is self-absorbed in some way. I'm not gonna act like frasier crane just because I choose to consume rush instead of what "the masses" are into. seems to me, what with the appearances in video games, movies, commercials, tv shows, and the fact that there's never a rush gig with less than 10,000 people, the stupid masses have caught on to our little secret...

• Like 1

Well it started with anime...and goes back to hg wells...the popularity in Americs started with video games I think. I know what steampunk is. It's pretty definable.

you must be fun at parties.

savageass more like it?

• Like 1

I know this, and I love my superficial consumerist self-absorbed lifestyle. I think most folks in any civilized country like to consume things and I'd wager every single person you've ever met is self-absorbed in some way. I'm not gonna act like frasier crane just because I choose to consume rush instead of what "the masses" are into. seems to me, what with the appearances in video games, movies, commercials, tv shows, and the fact that there's never a rush gig with less than 10,000 people, the stupid masses have caught on to our little secret...

Well it's not just the consumerism...it's the general ignorance and lack of insight too.

Now maybe he writes the songs for money instead of for himself...

it's so obvious clockwork angels was written with nothing but dollar signs in mind. with all these songs about...steampunk watchmaker bullshit...filling up the pop charts and dominating every teen's ipod, it was only a matter of time before these old sellouts tried to cash in.

this is a very weird thread.

to lorraine: I don't know and don't care to know what you're talking about, but I definitely know that neil peart was not angry at someone for not knowing his band.

to the guy who posted a big thing about americans being stupid: what?? america hates neil peart? because kim kardashian's baby was on the news...what??

to everyone else: you're all horrible.

At least Lorraine got away unscathed on that one.... :LOL:

Edit: she's not horrible anyway. I need to read back and see if I am....

Edited by Narpski
  • Like 2

Well it started with anime...and goes back to hg wells...the popularity in Americs started with video games I think. I know what steampunk is. It's pretty definable.

savageass more like it?

What does that mean? You said you don't know what steampunk is and I was just telling you that it's very definable and identifiable.

see http://www.google.com/search?q=steampunk&client=firefox-a&hs=cGq&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ZX0PVJryH-KZjAK5sICYBQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=1089

savageass more like it?

What does that mean? You said you don't know what steampunk is and I was just telling you that it's very definable and identifiable.

see http://www.google.co...w=1920&bih=1089

maybe we're getting off on the wrong foot here... I am sensing that robotic, rush fan attitude that is an immediate turnoff. I guess I was reading that frasier attitude into something where it wasn't present.

I know what steampunk is

savageass more like it?

see http://www.google.co...w=1920&bih=1089

maybe we're getting off on the wrong foot here... I am sensing that robotic, rush fan attitude that is an immediate turnoff. I guess I was reading that frasier attitude into something where it wasn't present.

I know what steampunk is

It's called Asperger Syndrome or Autism Spectrum Disorder. Whatver the name...it keeps changing. Most Rush fans have it. Neil probably has it.

Edited by savagegrace26

Now what is "cyberpunk"?

I thought that was supposed to be set in the future. I think there are design elements that are similar but the futuristic versus an alternate timeline like Steampunk.

:popcorn: :coffee: :d13: :)

You better be careful mixing your drinks. Might end up with a hangover.

I figured if they keep going I might need all of them. I enjoy when bathory gets it going.... :madra:
  • Like 1