Presto vs. Roll The Bones aka the classic "Would You Rather"

The Analog Cub

Presto vs. Roll The Bones  

78 members have voted

1. 1. YOU MUST CHOOSE

Roll The Bones is their worst album hands down.

Couldn't disagree more!

I'm not saying it's among their finest, but it is not the worst. In my opinion.

The album which holds that distinction came along about five years later. In my opinion.

The good -

You Bet Your Life

I'm going to give that one a three-blink salute.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Terrible, terrible song on a decent record.

Presto is one of the bands greatest moments. A real pop rock classic, every song is killer and some days I wonder why I don't just call it my favourite.

How anyone can call Counterparts the bands best album, only to bash on Presto, is ludicrous to my mind.

And Roll The Bones has a few nice gems.

Some real stinkers (the worst songs by that point), but overall, an EP's worth of classic material, which is more than most bands have in their entire career!

Presto is one of the bands greatest moments. A real pop rock classic, every song is killer and some days I wonder why I don't just call it my favourite.

How anyone can call Counterparts the bands best album, only to bash on Presto, is ludicrous to my mind.

Personally, the only thing that bothers me about Presto is the production, I really can't stand it. It makes the whole record sound quiet and weak. Counterparts doesn't have that issue, plus I personally like the songs on Counterparts more (minus The Speed of Love that is!).

Presto is pretty darn good. Not fantastic but it sure has a good handful of songs that are.

Roll The Bones is their worst album hands down.

The good -

Dreamline

Bravado

You Bet Your Life

The ok -

Where's My Thing?

Ghost of a Chance

Big Wheel

The bad -

Neurotica

Face Up

HERESY

Gotta agree with this, although I personally would only label Dreamline and maybe the title song as good and everything else as bad.

Presto because I personally find it more enjoyable than RTB (excluding Available Light, I can't stand that song).

I WANT TO MARRY THIS GIRL!!!!!!

That's all it takes? lol....I don't like the song either, do you want to marry me too? :P

I am going with RTB on this very very close one for me. It's the battle of the few good songs vs. the few stinkers so flip a coin. :D

Available Light is bloody fantastic!

Hey, it's ok, as you know....

Opinions vary. :)

I had a great .gif for that but it just went haywire when I tried to post it.

Edited by Xanadu
  • Like 1

Hey, it's ok, as you know....

Opinions vary. :)

I had a great .gif for that but it just went haywire when I tried to post it.

:)

The only other thing I was going to say was be careful, if you were offering up your hand in marriage to Spaghetti Lee. :P

Absolutely, opinions vary. That's why we spend time talking in these poll threads. Court of public opinion and all that.

Shalom Aleichem. :)

• Like 1

I know, right?

Can't agree more!

Ugh. It's one of the most cringe-worthy songs in their catalog.

I know, right?

Can't agree more!

I actually really like it and I really can't explain it. If its jazzy in nature then that is probably why... :eh:
  • Like 1

Available Light is one of the most beautiful songs in the Rush catalogue.

Then again, Tai Shan is also one of my favourites so whatever.

• Like 2

I know, right?

Can't agree more!

I actually really like it and I really can't explain it. If its jazzy in nature then that is probably why... :eh:

I think it's the vocal that's so awful. I just don't get why people like it. It's so awkward sounding.

I know, right?

Can't agree more!

I think it's the vocal that's so awful. I just don't get why people like it. It's so awkward sounding.

That's what I think is kind of neat (for lack of a better word) about it and different. I shouldn't like it because of their music that I truly love but I do...

I know, right?

Can't agree more!

That's what I think is kind of neat (for lack of a better word) about it and different. I shouldn't like it because of their music that I truly love but I do...

Explain that last sentence. :)

I know, right?

Can't agree more!

Explain that last sentence. :)

Because it's so different from what I typically enjoy was my point...

I know, right?

Can't agree more!

Personally, it's never sounded awkward to me. I was blown away by everything about Available Light on my first listen
  • Like 2

I know, right?

Can't agree more!

Personally, it's never sounded awkward to me. I was blown away by everything about Available Light on my first listen

Exactly. I was like. An actual piano ballad? Noice. Good vocal by Ged. Heartfelt lyrics. The last in a string of excellent album closers.

Edited by Digital Dad
  • Like 1

I know, right?

Can't agree more!

Exactly. I was like. An actual piano ballad? Noice. Good vocal by Ged. Heartfelt lyrics. The last in a string of excellent album closers.

Didn't this one come after HYF?... Edited by Narps

I know, right?

Can't agree more!

Didn't this one come after HYF?...

High Water was a phenomenal closer. The best up to that point.