It's amazing what music does to the body

custom55

I heard ELP's Lucky Man today (certainly not the first time ) and got goose bumps at Keith's solo towards the end of the song. You know... WOW

Edited by custom55
  • Like 2

I heard ELP's Lucky Man today and got goose bumps at Keith's solo towards the end of the song. You know... WOW

As any human being should..... :)
  • Like 1

I heard ELP's Lucky Man today (certainly not the first time ) and got goose bumps at Keith's solo towards the end of the song. You know... WOW

Did you know that he HATES that solo? He was just d***ing around and they recording him. Everyone else absolutely loved it and put it on the album despite the fact that he begged them not to.

Did you know that he HATES that solo? He was just d***ing around and they recording him. Everyone else absolutely loved it and put it on the album despite the fact that he begged them not to.

Interesting to know. I guess it's one of those times when everyone else is right. :)

• Like 3

Interesting to know. I guess it's one of those times when everyone else is right. :)

I never liked that solo. Cheese-tastic.

I remember when Lucky Man came out - the Moog at the end was very revolutionary. I reread the part in Keith's autobiography about Lucky Man. Both Keith and Carl came into the studio with no idea Greg was working on this song. Keith thought it was wrong for the group and thought it sounded country and western, but Greg said it 'just a bit of fun'. Greg told Keith he could join the song at the end, and they recorded Keith's first take. Keith called it the most mediocre solo he ever played, but they were under the gun to finish the album.

Personally, it's not my favorite ELP song - I prefer the prog rock with Keith present throughout the songs.

2112 made me cry once...o my the emotion in that song...

It's like a piece of art... some like, others don't.

BUT BUT BUT the point of my post is about the sounds/music that give you goose bumps, make you want to drive fast, mellow you out, etc, NOT ELP and Luck Man. :smash: Myles got it right

Edited by custom55

I agree, when listening to music, one of three things usually happens. I get really focused on every little detail (happens when listening to Animal Collective and Rush), I get very happy (while listening to They Might Be Giants and Owl City), or I get a sudden burst of energy (normally so I can dance to the music, in the case of Daft Punk and Oingo Boingo). I also get serious chills and goose bumps every time I hear KD Lang sing Halleluiah