Happy Birthday Geddy!

psionic11

Happy 61st, Geddy! Many more to come! You've been a lifelong inspiration to me, and my bass playing all started because I wanted to emulate you.

Geddy Lee Weinrib (born Gary Lee Weinrib, July 29, 1953), known professionally as Geddy Lee, is a Canadian musician and songwriter, best known as the lead vocalist, bassist, and keyboardist for the Canadian rock group Rush. Lee joined what would become Rush in September 1968, at the request of his childhood friend Alex Lifeson, replacing original bassist and frontman Jeff Jones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geddy_Lee

Edited by psionic11

Happy 61st, Geddy! Many more to come! You've been a lifelong inspiration to me, and my bass playing all started because I wanted to emulate you.

Geddy Lee Weinrib (born Gary Lee Weinrib, July 29, 1953), known professionally as Geddy Lee, is a Canadian musician and songwriter, best known as the lead vocalist, bassist, and keyboardist for the Canadian rock group Rush. Lee joined what would become Rush in September 1968, at the request of his childhood friend Alex Lifeson, replacing original bassist and frontman Jeff Jones.

Only one problem with this. It's still June.

• Like 1

:LOL:

:P

Wow, I freaked out there for a minute and thought I had blacked out on a month of life.

Poor Geddy! Let the man have one more month of being able to say he is 60. As for myself, I have six days left of being able to say I am 59. Too depressing for words.

Oh stop, just wait until you're 80, you'll miss these days.

Poor Geddy! Let the man have one more month of being able to say he is 60. As for myself, I have six days left of being able to say I am 59. Too depressing for words.

Oh yeah? Let's see how you feel when it happens to you.

Oh yeah? Let's see how you feel when it happens to you.

Hey I know I'm not going to feel so hot, or maybe I will, who knows? I just know what people in my family have told me and I appreciate their wisdom. i know my grandmother would have killed to be in her 60's again.

Nice sentiment, though. He was my inspiration as well.

Got something to look forward to next week.... :cheers: Don't be depressed.... :rose:
  • Like 2

Hey, turning 60 beats not turning 60, if you know what I mean!

• Like 2

And, as a male with an unblemished record of heterosexuality, I must say that he looks way better now. He has aged incredibly well.

But admit it, you'd go gay for him.

• Like 1

And, as a male with an unblemished record of heterosexuality, I must say that he looks way better now. He has aged incredibly well.

I guess sword fights in our youth don't count?..... :D
  • Like 2

I guess sword fights in our youth don't count?..... :D

Unblemished I say!!!

• Like 1

Don't put me on the spot!

Don't put me on the spot!

It's totally fine, when Geddy was singing you call me you call me during the Analog Kid my husband kept holding up his hand like a phone to his ear and singing that line to Alex. The flirtation got him a shirt before 2112.

• Like 4