Jacob's Ladder 2015

Disk98

neil is anti-heavy

Not according to his lyrics. It would be nice if he lightened up on them. We already are quite aware how and what he thinks.

What is he supposed to write about, other than how and what he thinks? :huh:

what I've found out is that any subject is okay for neil to write about, but nothing pisses off rush fans more than the subjects that hit them close to home: religion and baldness.

Isn't he fluent in any other subjects?

They did rehearse it for the time machine tour but dropped it because they couldn't get something to sound right. There was an interview with Neil where he talked about it. I guess after so many years of not playing the song, it's possible that they forgot how to pull off the musical parts they were struggling with.

It's really not that difficult of a tune for the most part. The riff that comes out of the keyboard break can be tricky but I'm sure if Neil were playing it wouldn't be. No matter how many times I play that song I still don't know what the hell Neil is doing back there. :huh:

Well, if what Neil's doing is that tricky, it's possible that after not performing the song for 30 years he just forgot how to play it.

I'm sure he did forget how to play it, but I'm also sure that Neil could listen to the song and figure it out! I think Neil doesn't like the song, and that's why they dropped it. He's anti heavy

Heavy? I wouldn't call that song heavy. Neil could absolutely re-learn it. My point was that I don't think they're not picking songs due to the degree of difficulty. I think it is genuinely how they will work live in regard to how well received they would be... and Geddy's range.

it's heavy for its time, and heavy for rush standards

I don't really have proof, but something tells me if you gave neil the choice between playing superconductor with an added african tribal drum solo or jacobs ladder on the next tour, he'd pick the first one. and if they did play jacob's ladder, they'd probably make it a reggae version anyway or some shit

• Like 3

neil is anti-heavy

Not according to his lyrics. It would be nice if he lightened up on them. We already are quite aware how and what he thinks.

what I've found out is that any subject is okay for neil to write about, but nothing pisses off rush fans more than the subjects that hit them close to home: religion and baldness.

back in the day, yeah. now? just motorcycles

neil is anti-heavy

back in the day, yeah. now? just motorcycles

With a bit of cross-country skiing thrown in during the winter.

Not much singing for Geddy in this one, and nothing stratospheric (except the lyrical message). Maybe he's not crazy about singing "shifting shafts of shining."

It would actually be a perfect song to appease the "I wish they would play the old stuff' group (of which I am a proud member). The fact that is WELL within Geddy's range seems to make it an obvious choice. Poor guy needs a break on that older stuff. I mean I want some lemony cake and Hemispheres like most of us do but, without a guest singer, it ain't happening. He burnt it all up for us and for that, we thank you! :notworthy:
  • Like 6

neil is anti-heavy

Trees talkin to each other and space ships and shit..

• Like 2

Double post..

(I want me some lemony cake next tour! :D)

Edited by MMCXII

Neil is anti-heavy? Then how do you explain Test for Echo, Vapor Trails, Snakes & Arrows, and Clockwork Angels?

Simple, Geddy and Alex wrote heavy music, and Neil was forced to deal with it hahaha

neil is anti-heavy

YES.

It's kind of sad that, no matter how much we request Jacob's Ladder, they have yet to include it in the set list. That's what? Three or fourtours since this forum has come online?

neil is anti-heavy

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

I totally agree. :sarcastic:

It's kind of sad that, no matter how much we request Jacob's Ladder, they have yet to include it in the set list. That's what? Three or fourtours since this forum has come online?

Yeah. They've got a lot of damn nerve if you ask me. :sarcastic: Ignoring our requests to play other nonsense songs. :blaze:

• Like 1