What are you eating Right Now?

Maverick

http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/04/76/77/39/0004767739129_500X500.jpg
  • Like 1

http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/04/76/77/39/0004767739129_500X500.jpg

Did you ever try Klondike Reese's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream bars? They are very good.

Never heard of them. I will look for them when I am at the store.

• Like 1

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XmWwk_DYndU/TP_2WvenmSI/AAAAAAAACEM/mg5ECQnlhkA/s1600/edys_double_fudge_brownie.jpg
  • Like 1

A sad assed salad from the grocery store in which half will be making its way into the compost pile. But the croutons are good - which were purchased separately - BTW.
  • Like 1

A sad assed salad from the grocery store in which half will be making its way into the compost pile. But the croutons are good - which were purchased separately - BTW.

Did you buy the bagged salad? I've gotten so lazy that's what I do now.

it was a prepared salad to go from the local supermkt. There were 2 left when I was there, and that was probably why it was sad. But I'd be damned if I was cooking yesterday. I've stopped buying bagged salad because we don't eat it and it ends up in compost. Sometimes I'd throw it down the groundhog tunnel. We are now growing snow peas, cherry tomatoes and spinach on the deck in planters and old coolers. Taste is a zillion times better than anything from the store. The peas are starting to pea , and the spinach has been ready for the past week, so I cut off some leaves and rinse and eat. We have beets and beet tops - the hubby eats those. I going to try to grow soybeans and chickpeas this year. I'll let you know happens. :) the goal for me is to grow my own food, even if it is one container or planter, I can say I did it.
  • Like 2

it was a prepared salad to go from the local supermkt. There were 2 left when I was there, and that was probably why it was sad. But I'd be damned if I was cooking yesterday. I've stopped buying bagged salad because we don't eat it and it ends up in compost. Sometimes I'd throw it down the groundhog tunnel. We are now growing snow peas, cherry tomatoes and spinach on the deck in planters and old coolers. Taste is a zillion times better than anything from the store. The peas are starting to pea , and the spinach has been ready for the past week, so I cut off some leaves and rinse and eat. We have beets and beet tops - the hubby eats those. I going to try to grow soybeans and chickpeas this year. I'll let you know happens. :) the goal for me is to grow my own food, even if it is one container or planter, I can say I did it.

Our next door neighbor grows his own stuff too - snow peas, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, regular tomatoes, cilantro, and other stuff. He gives us his excess. Last year, he was up to his eyeballs in his snow peas. They were so good and sweet. You can't buy them like that.

I'm not a gardener, but I would like to have a vegetable garden. Maybe next year.

Let me know how your garden turns out. Sounds like you live in a really nice remote area. Right up my alley.

• Like 1

I'm going to make myself another batch of peanut butter cookies right now. :)

Cookies!!! Nom..nom..nom...

• Like 1