Anyone Watch Rise of Kings?

Geddy's Soul Patch

Haven't decided if I think it's worth purchasing, but it doesn't seem very promising. Anyone watch it yet? If so, what did you think?

Eh I can't see Rush signing off on it or even approving of the cheesy title. I might watch it but I'm not going to go out of my way to purchase or view it.

Eh I can't see Rush signing off on it or even approving of the cheesy title. I might watch it but I'm not going to go out of my way to purchase or view it.

There is little or nothing to recommend it. Hardly anything original and because of copyright most of the incidental music is non-Rush. The packaging makes it look like a snide you'd buy from a stall and basically, because of its unofficial status, that is what it is.

Yeah, I bought it.

Yeah, I bought it.

P. T. Barnum never actually said it, but David Hannum did:

"There's a sucker born every minute"

PS—did the dvd contain the early, previously unreleased version of Natural Science AKA Sir Gawain and the Green Night? I heard that was supposed to be the hidden easter egg

• Like 1

Yeah, I bought it.

P. T. Barnum never actually said it, but David Hannum did:

"There's a sucker born every minute"

PS—did the dvd contain the early, previously unreleased version of Natural Science AKA Sir Gawain and the Green Night? I heard that was supposed to be the hidden easter egg

Yeah, press the right buttons, swallow the green pill, and the Easter Bunny knocks on your door and gives you a package. For many Rush fans it wouldn't be the first time they had a package in their hands but this time it's a hard copy of the afore-mentioned track.

• Like 2

I actually like it. They do have Rush music, it's just music that you've already heard. The narration is backed by non-Rush, nondescript rock that apes Rush poorly, But the interviews, even though they aren't new ones by the band, offer interesting perspectives on the early career of the band. It's not BTLS, but it's good and worth a viewing.

I'm going to skip it. I've read much more interesting stuff on this forum than in any of the clips I've seen of that video.

I actually like it. They do have Rush music, it's just music that you've already heard. The narration is backed by non-Rush, nondescript rock that apes Rush poorly, But the interviews, even though they aren't new ones by the band, offer interesting perspectives on the early career of the band. It's not BTLS, but it's good and worth a viewing.

Good for them, getting actual Rush music. A lot of these archival-based non-artist-participating documentaries have only the kind of style-aping stock music you describe, and don't have any music at all by the artist.