New Song in 2015?

losingit2k

New Songs in 2015?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want RUSH to provide one or two new songs for the 2015 tour?

• Yes
    • No

Do you want a New Song or two for the 2015 tour? I like what they did with Caravan and BU2B in the Time Machine tour, so I welcome and new songs they may provide even if they are instrumentals... maybe more! Edited by losingit2k

Either way is fine with me. I doubt they'll have anything new by tour time but if Alex is right about them usually getting restless after not writing for a while then maybe we'll get something new.

As long as I get to see them that's cool with me.

• Like 2

I would like to see a new song or two for a couple of reasons:

#1: It gives them something to look forward to each night, I want them to be enjoying themselves

#2: We won't be overwhelmed with too much new material like on the CA tour

• Like 2

Sure I would love to see new material from them but I'm glad they're taking a break. Gets their musical batteries recharged.
  • Like 2

Sure I would love to see new material from them but I'm glad they're taking a break. Gets their musical batteries recharged.

Well According to Eddie Trunk they were in the studio working on new stuff. Of Course this could mean Alex's House.

Well According to Eddie Trunk they were in the studio working on new stuff. Of Course this could mean Alex's House.

Or Geddys. All they have to do is walk downstairs and they're in the music room. :LOL: I would imagine whatever they're doing is pretty laid-back. It's always seemed odd to me that they can work on music without Neil being there. I understand the process but you would think he would want to add his input other than lyrics.

• Like 1

There will be 3-5 new songs.

Not an albums worth of new material, but not just a "Maxi-Single" either.

They're scheduled to begin working on it in September.

Where did you hear this?

I predict a new instrumental called "Nuttin But A Thing (Part III of the Thing Trilogy)"

Or "Things Thing - Whatever Happened to Gomez?"

Ofcourse... A new song on this tour means a new studio album and another tour!

Oh, he's a genius

I want a new album

titled yyz211282!!!

I don't trust eddie trunk on any subject except which bridge michael schenker's sleeping under and when the next e'nuff z'nuff record is about to drop

I hope they do bring out a song or two, would love to see them keep going on, see their musicianship hasn't waned from 41 years of Being the greatest band ever!

Thank you, Snaked! Your info has always been very reliable. Super excited! 3-4 would be sweet but it wouldn't shock me if it turned into 5-7. It seems to me that they don't start writing with pre determined limitations. They just write and whatever comes out, comes out.

Snaked - from your experience, what is the turn around time?

Edited by dtpoet

Thank you, Snaked! Your info has always been very reliable. Super excited! 3-4 would be sweet but it wouldn't shock me if it turned into 5-7. It seems to me that they don't start writing with pre determined limitations. They just write and whatever comes out, comes out.

Snaked - from your experience, what is the turn around time?

If they start in September and if the tour is scheduled to start in the spring I wouldn't be surprised if we see the first single no later than mid-February.

I'm basing it solely on the 2 facts we know.

1. They are scheduled to start working in September

2. They are touring in 2015.

*IF* either of those facts change the timetable changes as well.