What would you like to become better at?

The Analog Grownup

I was walking outside in the mild weather, wondering about stuff and I thought about making this topic. I'm a fervent believer that whatever you radiate, you get back eventually. And I say eventually because life isn't always fair or just, other than we all share the same fate in the end.

So the question is: What would you like to become better at? Share your thoughts and maybe we could support each other and perhaps things will get done :)

I'll start. When socializing with people, being many or one-on-one, I would like to become better at being mentally present and not "zoning out". I want to "be there" in the moment and not everywhere else.

• Like 2

I would love to become better at not giving a sh*t what others think of me. It bothers me to no end when even one person even a appears to dislike me. I never understood it and have no idea where it comes from. I can tell when others don't care what people think of them and how it seemingly allows them to relax and live more stress free. I can tell when folks on this forum seem to feel that way. Its like they say to themselves... "f**k it. this is how I feel about this or that and if someone doesn't like it tough sh*t. (hit)Post". I wish I could be more like that..... :sigh:

I would love to become better at not giving a sh*t what others think of me. It bothers me to no end when even one person even a appears to dislike me. I never understood it and have no idea where it comes from. I can tell when others don't care what people think of them and how it seemingly allows them to relax and live more stress free. I can tell when folks on this forum seem to feel that way. Its like they say to themselves... "f**k it. this is how I feel about this or that and if someone doesn't like it tough sh*t. (hit)Post". I wish I could be more like that..... :sigh:

I have a friend who reminds me of that. He did better after he deleted his Facebook account, and of course went to therapy. He does have strong social anxiety.

Part of it might be wanting to be liked, but another part could be consideration of others. I can be a fine line sometimes.

I have a friend who reminds me of that. He did better after he deleted his Facebook account, and of course went to therapy. He does have strong social anxiety.

Part of it might be wanting to be liked, but another part could be consideration of others. I can be a fine line sometimes.

Especially at this advanced point in my life. Why do I still give such a f**k about what others think? Maybe I will morph in to full old geezer mode and that will go away over time....
  • Like 1

Always a better parent. Preparing my kids for this messed up world.

BTW Analog Grownup your threads are always thought provoking. Good stuff

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 3

True. He is a thought provoking dude for sure....
  • Like 2

Not to mention he's considered handsome in the country of Liberia

I'll start. When socializing with people, being many or one-on-one, I would like to become better at being mentally present and not "zoning out". I want to "be there" in the moment and not everywhere else.

You'll become better at this when you drink less

I'd like to become better at playing bass. Also I'd like to become better at seeing the big picture instead of being overwhelmed with the details.

Good thread Analog G.

• Like 1

:LOL: That isn't saying much. Hell, I might be considered handsome there.... :)
  • Like 1

I'd like to become better at playing bass.

Me too. Maybe Kenny Lee will give me lessons

Not Squire certainly. He isn't that good..... :LMAO:
  • Like 2

Squire is the tree...Geddy's just an acorn (gulp)

:unsure: the coast is clear I think.....
  • Like 1

Squire is the tree...Geddy's just an acorn (gulp)

:unsure: the coast is clear I think.....

I dearly love them both. Both styles are apparent in my playing

My number one hobby is making jewelry- I can always improve on my skill :)

....and you wanna know something? since I've quit smoking, my singing voice has gotten much stronger. I've been practicing in secret. Maybe someday I'll sing in front of others ;)

Edited by hobo73
  • Like 2

Coding, and I guess the way I could improve on this is by dedicating more time to it... Maybe I should get on some sort of schedule instead of having my life be so sporadic. I remember last year for a few months, I had everything on a calendar, down to the hour detail. I lived by it, it even decided when I would eat and go to the bathroom... Of course I would make exceptions if I ever felt the need, but it didn't get to that point. Maybe I should go back to that.

"Ah but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now..."

:blush:

I'm glad you like my posts. I try to make it worthwhile for other than myself too. Although I'm all in for shits and giggles too ;)

• Like 1

I think you're right. I have been drinking a lot less and only been partying two times since new years eve. I feel much better in the moment and the day after, because I've learned to pace myself, and say no to drinking shots. When I'm surrounded by lots of people, I try to be open to signals from everybody, and not just one particular woman whom I fancy that night. I'm not there yet, but it helps. :)

• Like 1

I think you're right. I have been drinking a lot less and only been partying two times since new years eve. I feel much better in the moment and the day after, because I've learned to pace myself, and say no to drinking shots. When I'm surrounded by lots of people, I try to be open to signals from everybody, and not just one particular woman whom I fancy that night. I'm not there yet, but it helps. :)

Good for you dude!

I would love to be more positive. I know I've attracted what I'm going through right now in some form or another, and I'm trying to fix it...

I would like to be better at handling finances, knowing when to shut someone down that's blowing sunshine up my butt and knowing how... I would like to be better at handling relationships and friendships under extreme stress without holing up and disappearing from everyone.

• Like 1

My number one hobby is making jewelry- I can always improve on my skill :)

....and you wanna know something? since I've quit smoking, my singing voice has gotten much stronger. I've been practicing in secret. Maybe someday I'll sing in front of others ;)

Awesome! I make jewellery myself! Do you have any pics of your stuff? We should totally start a jewellery thread!!!! :D

• Like 1