Supertramp

gudbuytjane

Loved all of their albums up to Famous Last Words,and Paris ( Which is one of the best live albums around!),and then that was it! Same time that Hodgson and Davies had there falling out! Still play the albums on a regular basis!

Supertramp In Paris is phenomenal. Would love to have been in that audience that night.

• Like 3

Fantastic Band. Even in the Quietest Moments is a great album
  • Like 4

Loved all of their albums up to Famous Last Words,and Paris ( Which is one of the best live albums around!),and then that was it! Same time that Hodgson and Davies had there falling out! Still play the albums on a regular basis!

Supertramp In Paris is phenomenal. Would love to have been in that audience that night.

There's a DVD of a film of the Paris show now. I've seen it, it's quite good!

• Like 4

I just recently downloaded Even in the Quietest Moments, and I really like the album. I've heard all of the songs they played on the radio all the time but I've never actually bought one of their albums.
  • Like 2

Supertramp on headphones is amazing. They are up there with Steely Dan and Floyd in terms of best recording bands. So much to hear...

I have a pretty good stereo system at home, and I love turning it up to 11 when this song comes up on shuffle

You are absolutely right about "so much to hear". :haz:

• Like 3

Fantastic Band. Even in the Quietest Moments is a great album

My favourite song on that album is Downstream.

"Took A Boat Sunday,down by the sea.

It felt so nice,you and me.

We didn't have a problem,or a care.

And all around was silence,everywhere "

• Like 1

1979. Riding in my dads Chevy truck going camping or fishing, that was the song and I always remember hearing it on the radio on heavy rotation. Somgs like Take the Long Way Home burn into your subconscious and take you back to a time or place. I will always remember stuff like that when I was just a kid. Its simpler when you are young and have only memories.
  • Like 1

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy!! :7up: :D

Rudy thought that all good things comes to those that wait

But recently he could see that it may come - but too late.

:notworthy:

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

I'm so glad to see all this Supertramp love in the forum lately! :)

The one time I had a chance to see them back in the late 70's I decided not to go. No real reason that I can recall. I regret it to this day.

• Like 1

Love all of their studio work, but Paris is the album to take along on an island.

Saw Roger a few years ago and I had tears in my eyes when he opened the set with Take The Long Way Home.

His voice is still shiny.

• Like 3

Love all of their studio work, but Paris is the album to take along on an island.

Saw Roger a few years ago and I had tears in my eyes when he opened the set with Take The Long Way Home.

Paris is one of the great live albums! NO CONTEST! :notworthy:

• Like 2

Of note for fans of Paris: Did you know they released a bonus live disc with the 2010 Deluxe edition of Breakfast In America that has a lot of the songs from the Paris show that didn't make it to the live album (notably "Goodbye Stranger" and "Give A Little Bit"). It's worth checking out if you're a fan of the live album.
  • Like 3

I love Roger as a musician with a beautiful voice. He also seems to be a wonderful person.

His story always touches me. The man had both of his wrists broken and every doctor said that he won't be able to play guitar or piano anymore. He fought and chastened himself back and proved them all wrong.

He's a musician with heart and soul and a lot of humility.

• Like 4

I don't know anything about them personally. What happened to Roger? And is he the harmonica player on Take The Long Way Home and other of their songs?

The harmonica was Rick Davies, the other main songwriter and singer (I've always thought of Davies as their Lennon, and Hodgson as the McCartney :) ).

• Like 3

What does everyone think of the post-Hodgson albums? Personally I think it's no coincidence that when Roger Hodgson departed the standard of the studio albums dipped considerably.Brother Where You Bound was fairly good,and then the rest were pretty average,if not awful! Hodgson's In the Eye of the Storm (1984)was good, as was Hai Hai.Shame Davies and Hodgson couldn't work out there differences!
  • Like 2

Is John Anthony Halliwell one of the most underrated musicians on the planet? His sax and clarinet solo's just oozes class! Particularly love his sax solo on My Kind of Lady! Watched the Paris 1979 concert again last night,and he really was the life and soul of the party!
  • Like 1