Complete Power Windows show on YouTube

clem

Very sorry if this has been posted before. I once posted "old news" and got my hand slapped by someone here. Anyway, things are a bit slow right now, and I never knew this thing existed.

Mebbe this belongs on the "live" thread or "bootleg" thread, but I never go there, and I'm guessing many others don't either.

Not a professional shoot, and not a soundboard recording. Camera is mostly on Ged, but I still found this to be pretty good overall.

Clem

Where's the rest of the show?

sorry, the link I posted had the complete show (I thought), however it was broken down into different clips for each song..

go to youtube and search by the author "Rollthefemurs"

Clem

Edited by clem

I just checked out all of the songs (although not completely) for that show and the sound isn't bad at all, quite good. Geddy sounded really good (he was 30 years younger). What was really nice though is that the crowd obviously knew almost every song (ahhh...the good olde days) 'cuz when each song started they all gave out big cheers.

Nice posting, thanks.

Power Windows...great effin' album. Another of my absolute favorites. Marathon is one Rush's best songs ever. Along with 90% of the rest of this album.
  • Like 1

I have that show on video, it'd been while that i have watched it. Awkward shot of the band from up on the side. It's a rare item to have and it's a complete show, the sound is decent.

personally I'd really like to see one day a proper "Power Windows" Power Box with the remastered, demo versions, a dvd of a complete show, a promo item (keyring could be great) and maybe a "Big Money" new version. :)

Only video bootleg?

I think there are a few more. I know there's one from Nassau Coliseum but I don't think that is the whole show (Been a while since I've watched it)

There MAY be one from California somewhere, but I haven't actually seen it.

It was still fairly early in the history of live Rush videos back then.

Before the Power Windows Tour, there was only the Don Kirshner set, the 8mm clips, the partial La Vila clip from Pinkpop, the Captiol Theater show. Video from Montreal in 1983 and 1984, Japan 1984.

Anything I missed besides the Laura Secord footage?