Did they play The Fountain Of Lamneth or not?

YYZumbi

I'm told by the original sound man, that FoL was played on occasion during the CoS tour when they headlined. Maybe not completely but most likely its true. I do believe the Tour Book history recently released also makes note of this song being played occasionally.

if the 1/10/76 show setlist is even remotely close to being a true set, god did someone miss out not recording that. That would be, the ultimate holy grail, hands down. I can't believe no taper recorded that show when earlier gigs were recorded in Toronto. Probably in a drawer somewhere...I have hope someday that another COS tour gig will be unearthed.....they played enough dates that only one show being taped by a Kiss Taper seems IMPOSSIBLE......

ninjadave.

According to "Wandering" most of that tour was just a horrible experience.for everyone involved and a lot of them tried to forget back then, especially since the following tours were much better .Always thought it was the black hole but over the years I didn't think it was this black nearly universally.

They would've had to play it on the COS tour. I don't think they would've wanted to play the entirety of TFOL and 2112 in one tour, unless you are shortening them down a lot.

On 2/25/2014 at 4:32 PM, Hear Again said:

I was at this show (the opener was Joe Mendelson) and the opening song was indeed Bastille Day.

To the best of my failing recollection, parts of The Fountain were played in a kind of medely that was both missing parts and in a different order.

I see one set list shows the date being November '75 and the other shows January '76.

I remember it was cold out.....

I don't think it was ever played live in it's entirety.

Hope this helps.....

do you remember the order in which the parts (and what parts) were played with the necromancer?

Edited by TheAnarchist2112

I know it's an old thread but I've had fun reading it at this late stage.

I'm wondering if the early play of COS to Paul Stanley and his reaction put them off playing Fountain and Necromancer. He didn't know what to make of the album (and those tracks I presume in particular).

We know they should have trusted their instincts but KISS were pretty cool to Rush when Rush were their support act so they probably respected their opinion (maybe?!).

Anyway, as some others have said, Panacea is a cool slower song with some nice acoustic/classical guitar backing it. 

The slower, lighter songs in Rush's catalogue never get much love from us fans or the band (not just Tai Shan but the Madrigals and Rivendells etc) but I think they're all pretty solid when listened to in the right frame of mind. I always thought Different Strings, for instance, was up there as one of their best songs, or at least, the way it leads nicely into Natural Science on Perm Waves was always enjoyable to my ears. 

I planning to play the pairing of No one at the bridge and Panacea at open mics because their nice to play and sound great to my ears!