So is the "A Show of Hands" CD now kinda obsolete?

clem

Live albums capture the band at a certain point in their career.

They're like photographs, some fade over time but they still maintain their value.

Like many others on these forums I can remember when that album was released. I don't listen to it much anymore but sometimes I'm just flicking through my iPhone and I see the cover and I have to stop.

To me their live albums all tell a story. Some tell it better than others but the story is always different and each time I listen I hear another little bit that I've missed.

• Like 2

Live albums capture the band at a certain point in their career.

They're like photographs, some fade over time but they still maintain their value.

Like many others on these forums I can remember when that album was released. I don't listen to it much anymore but sometimes I'm just flicking through my iPhone and I see the cover and I have to stop.

To me their live albums all tell a story. Some tell it better than others but the story is always different and each time I listen I hear another little bit that I've missed.

I definitely agree with this.

Though I have to admit, I watch the DVD/VHS more than I listen to the album. I have a lot of love for HYF.

The DVD has Prime Mover live so......major score there.

Mick

Agreed, it's a great track and it's awesome on that DVD, Geddy's vocals are pretty dope on the whole thing but especially on this song. It's a shame they haven't played it in so long. Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch
  • Like 2

Have never liked the live CDs BUT the DVDs from the Replay Box set I play constantly. Nothing like a few beers late on a Saturday night, no one around and ESL, G/P and ASoH played one after the other.

Dreadful over-polished, soulless dirge from beginning to end.

This is the same band that released All The World's A Stage?

I take polished any day over sloppy, over-playing All The World's A Stage. Neil still hadn't matured as a drummer at that point yet.

• Like 1

Dreadful over-polished, soulless dirge from beginning to end.

This is the same band that released All The World's A Stage?

I take polished any day over sloppy, over-playing All The World's A Stage. Neil still hadn't matured as a drummer at that point yet.

guess it depends on if you want more or less balls in your rock music

Presto123:

I'd take polished any day over sloppy overplaying on All The World's Stage...

I think they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

The CD also has Witch Hunt (missing about 30 seconds of the beginning) and Mystic Rhythms which the DVD dos not.

The ASOH cd is obsolete to me because the Birmingham '88 boot is more complete so I never pull out the official disc. However, it should be noted, the Birmingham '88 set comes from official sources.

Yeah the Birmingham boot is the one I tend to go to when listening to Rush live from the Hold Your Fire tour. The only song missing is Limelight and it has been assembled from several sources to be a more complete concert experience from that era. Were any British subjects on this forum at that show? I think Rush said it was one of their best shows ever.