My Mom Has Cancer. Again.

Alsgalpal

Stage 2.

Sorry to hear this, again.

We just had a scare with my mom. She has a very bad back and the pain medication she's taking really slows the digestive system down. They found some bad stuff when she had her colonoscopy last week, but apparently it was diverticulosis. They recommended surgery to remove a third of her colon before it turned into cancer. They go on Obamacare starting in April, so she wants it done before then!

• Like 1

I'm so sorry to hear this AGP. :( Hang in there, and make sure you lean on all of the good people who hang our here. We are here for you. :hug2: Edited by ILSnwdog
  • Like 2

Thank you.

I really wish I could to to my boyfriend, or whatever he is to me.

I really wish he would shit or get off the pot.

All of this is setting in and I got super sick.

I wish I could have all of you in my living room with me. :(

Sorry to hear this.

I'm in a similar situation at the moment. My Dad is in hospital and they diagnosed a colon tumor, water in both lungs and a minor heart attack. Bad times and it seems 2014 sucks big time.

Sending prayers for you and your Mom. :rose:

I'm so sorry, greyfriar... :rose:

• Like 1

Thank you.

Where's his support for you..? :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :huv2:

• Like 1

Thank you.

If he can't put whatever it is aside and be there for you right now after everything you've been through together when you need some support, then he's not worth his salt.

You deserve better than that K.

• Like 1

So very sorry to hear about your mom! :(

Colon cancer runs in my family so this brings up a lot of emotions. My paternal grandmother survived it but my father did not, so if you want to draw on someone who have experienced this close, don't hesitate to pm me.

Kris, I hope the best for your mom, you and your family. Times like these is where support is paramount, and wanting someone to support you and not getting support, can be more hurtful in the end than realizing that from the start that it's not worth looking for support from that person. One last thing: You said you haven't told your kids yet. I imagine that you're going to, but an advice coming from the heart is, don't hold back information wanting to protect them. Because I wasn't told the complete truth, I missed out a lot of time with my dad. Don't want to have anyone experience what that kind of hurt feels like.

You wish we all could be in your living room with you. I think we all wish we could be there right now, 'cause you deserve one hell of a group hug! :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 2

Thank you.

If he can't put whatever it is aside and be there for you right now after everything you've been through together when you need some support, then he's not worth his salt.

This.
  • Like 1

Thank you.

So, he's worth his salt I guess. :heart: We are back together, and I'm happy, but keeping my eyes open until I feel like I can relax. I'm not perfect and neither is he, but we can make this work. If we survived the snag that called her self my best friend, then we can survive anything!

I'm relieved and happy about this, but now we just have to get my mom healthy. Evidently she's waiting a month to start treatment since she wants to have my girls for spring break. I wish she would start now.

I've been refraining from 'research' on the interwebs about colon cancer, stage 2. I have a very close friend that has just finished treatment for breast cancer and is in the process of kicking its ass and regrowing her hair. She's done research for me since she knows what an 'intense' person I can be when I'm stressed. She says it's a tough road, but it's beatable.

I get to see her today. I get to spend the whole day with my family after I get off work for my youngest's birthday party.

I guess Maw has dropped quite a bit of weight since I've last seen her and she tires easily... :(

I am sorry to hear about this, please remember that you have love and support from the entire board.

I will keep you and your mom in my thoughts. :hug2:

And, just so everyone knows, I'm not liking your posts for the troubles you are all going through, I'm liking them because you are being good friends.

KW84, your sig is really funny! This thread needs some funny!

• Like 1

So, mawmaw has her CAT scan Tuesday. They are unsure whether to do a huge abdomen opening surgery, laproscopic or just do 6 weeks of chemo.

She's starting to feel pain in that area now. :( She is downplaying it saying it's just the symptoms of the cancer, but I know it shouldn't be causing pain.... I'm kind of scared...

So, mawmaw has her CAT scan Tuesday. They are unsure whether to do a huge abdomen opening surgery, laproscopic or just do 6 weeks of chemo.

She's starting to feel pain in that area now. :( She is downplaying it saying it's just the symptoms of the cancer, but I know it shouldn't be causing pain.... I'm kind of scared...

Good luck to you both. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

• Like 1

Hugs and prayers headed your way. :hug2: Cancer sucks the big one but from what I know, stage 2 is VERY treatable and has a good survival rate.

Glad E decided to do the decent thing as well.

• Like 2

To all who have or have had family members with colon cancer, please go see a doctor to have a colonoscopy. May not be pleasant but at least you can rule it out or get treatment in time if they find anything. Whatever you may think of it I can promise you it will be nothing against the pain when the cancer turns terminal.

Please take care of yourself. :hug2:

• Like 1

To all who have or have had family members with colon cancer, please go see a doctor to have a colonoscopy. May not be pleasant but at least you can rule it out or get treatment in time if they find anything. Whatever you may think of it I can promise you it will be nothing against the pain when the cancer turns terminal.

Didn't know you cared so much about my ass... I really appreciate it!

My mom goes into surgery on Wed :(

Apparently I am going to have my first one sometime in the near future. As long as I am asleep and unaware they can shove whatever they want up there while they are at it. My wife had one recently and she said it was no big deal. All the hospitals and procedures I have been involved with lately have been harder than this will be from what I understand anyway. As sh*ty as my diet has been for most of my life, the results are going to make me a bit nervous for sure.....

Best of luck to all involved in this thread with family members having health issues at this time.... :rose:

Apparently I am going to have my first one sometime in the near future. As long as I am asleep and unaware they can shove whatever they want up there while they are at it. My wife had one recently and she said it was no big deal. All the hospitals and procedures I have been involved with lately have been harder than this will be from what I understand anyway. As sh*ty as my diet has been for most of my life, the results are going to make me a bit nervous for sure.....

Best of luck to all involved in this thread with family members having health issues at this time.... :rose:

To me the thought of it was way worse than when it actually got done. And the thought of wether they will find something negative is definitely worse, or at least was to me.

And when it's done you feel light as a feather! :D

If it means you get to live a little longer then yes - I care about your ass :D

And all the best to your mom. Hope everything goes well!

• Like 2

Thanks! She is out of surgery, surgeon was very happy with the results. She will not need a bag, everything sealed up perfectly... a phrase the doc used.

I haven't been this happy since my dad's heart surgery went well in Jan. Hopefully no more of this for a while!

Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 1

Thanks! She is out of surgery, surgeon was very happy with the results. She will not need a bag, everything sealed up perfectly... a phrase the doc used.

I haven't been this happy since my dad's heart surgery went well in Jan. Hopefully no more of this for a while!

It's good to know everything went well and I understand your relief. :)

• Like 1