Any Max Webster fans?

Curly

Don't post here much, more of a lurker. Dug out my Max Webster albums today, hadn't played these in over 10 years. Max in my all-time top 10. Saw them open for Rush in '77!

How do I post a pic?

Edited by Curly
  • Like 4

I do have one Max Webster LP in my collection if I recall correctly. Live Magnetic Air. I don't remember listening to it much. I only bought it because of the relationship they had with Rush. I can remember vividly buying at least two albums in the late 70's just because I saw Geddy wearing a specific bands t-shirt in a photo somewhere.... :) Edited by Narpet

Max - My second all time fave band! Nobody, and I mean NOBODY was a better showman than Kim Mitchell. From '76 into '81, he owned the audience. One of the best guitar players on the planet too.

Buy their CDs. It will freak you out. Start with "High Class in Borrowed Shoes," from 1977.

• Like 1

I've only really heard Battlescar.

Here are a couple "essential" Kim Mitchell tracks

(IMO solo Kim is better than most Max)

Reminds me a bit of Jimmy Buffet.

Max Webster are just RUSH junior, ie if you're a RUSH fan then they are the back-up group you're supposed to like as well. A band to listen to but just on days when you've listened to all your RUSH albums already, which in 1978 would be a total of 7 RUSH discs.

Max Webster are just RUSH junior, ie if you're a RUSH fan then they are the back-up group you're supposed to like as well. A band to listen to but just on days when you've listened to all your RUSH albums already, which in 1978 would be a total of 7 RUSH discs.

I'd put Mutiny Up My Sleeve, A Million Vacations and Universal Juveniles above anything Rush released between Power Windows and Clockwork Angels.

I'd put Mutiny Up My Sleeve, A Million Vacations and Universal Juveniles above anything Rush released between Power Windows and Clockwork Angels.

I'd put Captain Bligh up your sleeve send you on a million year vacation to a universe full of juveniles!