Official 2014 PGA Tour Thread

RushCanuck

That was heartwarming for sure. Way to go J.B.... :cheers:

Congrats to JB.

Now it's onto the Players... with the exception of the injured Woods and Day, everyone will be there... it's the 5th major. The 17th hole will no doubt claim many victims again.

The TPC has been called the 5th major forever. But no one REALLY treats it as such.

That was heartwarming for sure. Way to go J.B.... :cheers:

Congrats to JB.

Now it's onto the Players... with the exception of the injured Woods and Day, everyone will be there... it's the 5th major. The 17th hole will no doubt claim many victims again.

The TPC has been called the 5th major forever. But no one REALLY treats it as such.

Not really. They have tried to build it up but it really is just another fine upper echelon tournament. No better than Jacks Memorial in my view. Its played at the same venue each year as the Masters is but the similarities end there in my opinion....

First round is in the books. Martin Kaymer leads at -9. I enjoy courses with lots of water, and this one doesn't disappoint.

To many low scores for my taste. Hope it gets tougher as the week progresses.....
  • Like 1

First round is in the books. Martin Kaymer leads at -9. I enjoy courses with lots of water, and this one doesn't disappoint.

To many low scores for my taste. Hope it gets tougher as the week progresses.....

Yeah...-9 is way low for any tournament, let alone one trying to brand itself as a fifth major. That said, heck of a round, Marty!

Yeah...-9 is way low for any tournament, let alone one trying to brand itself as a fifth major. That said, heck of a round, Marty!

In years past, some of the Players winning scores have been -16, -17, - 18 (Greg Norman won with -24). With the course playing soft this year, it may be a low winning score again on Sunday. I've seen a few interviews with Martin Kaymer and he has a pleasant demeanor and is level-headed, IMO. He's ok in my books.

Hats off to Jordan Spieth. 20 years old. First time at the Players and he's figured out how to play it... 1 shot off the lead going into the weekend. Meanwhile, Adam Scott and Rory struggle and just make the cut at Even. Phil and Kegan Bradley amongst those with the weekend off.

Narp, the Golf Channel will show a 1 hour documentary on Payne Stewart June 8 at 5 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I can never see and learn too much about that mans life. He and Tiger barely crossed paths but that was my favorite time to watch golf. For selfish reasons I would pick the entire "Payne era" as my favorite time to watch as a viewer. The emergence of Tiger sure took some of the sting off Payne's loss though. :rose: There at least was hope for me as a viewer again....

Ms. Canuck should be happy. Her boy Spieth is tied at the top. David Hearn outshining DeLaet again this week.... :huh:
  • Like 1

Ms. Canuck should be happy. Her boy Spieth is tied at the top. David Hearn outshining DeLaet again this week.... :huh:

You better believe it. Go Jordan Spieth. :cheerleader:

Ms. Canucks boys...... 1. Day (injured) 2. Spieth.... :LOL:
  • Like 1

I'm a Phil fan, you're a Tiger fan. We both know that as these guys become less of a factor, we need to latch on to new blood. Jason and Jordan are my new hopes right now... Good luck to Jordan today! :dweez:

• Like 1

I'm a Phil fan, you're a Tiger fan. We both know that as these guys become less of a factor, we need to latch on to new blood. Jason and Jordan are my new hopes right now... Good luck to Jordan today! :dweez:

I like Day and would love to see him back soonest. Reed is my hope but he is concerning me lately. I hate when success ruins these guys and it happens all to often....

The Golf Channel showed a story on Martin Kaymer this morning... he lost his mom to cancer a few years ago... it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up winning this thing today on Mother's Day, just like Justin Rose (who lost his dad) won last Father's Day. Still some holes to play... especially the 17th....

Effing weather delay... :rage:

With a capital F. I am running all day with family coming and going and got home to catch at least the last few holes and...... :rage:

With a capital F. I am running all day with family coming and going and got home to catch at least the last few holes and...... :rage:

they are going to get into position at 7:10 pm with about 1 hour of daylight left... hopefully they can finish it off today

they are going to get into position at 7:10 pm with about 1 hour of daylight left... hopefully they can finish it off today

Yes. I hope so. I am chilling and watching now.... :cheers:
  • Like 1