Official 2014 PGA Tour Thread

RushCanuck

At 13/2, guess who the favorite is to win the Masters? ;)

http://www.vegasinsi...f/odds/futures/

If it's Woods (I didn't click the link) then there is a chance he may not even play!

http://espn.go.com/g...le-play-masters

Yeah, crazy. I was surprised to see him as the favorite, but that just shows how truly great he is. When Tiger plays a given tournament, there's no other golfer more likely to win.

Its still true. Crazy huh? Only Ben Hogan has ever won at such a rate.... :)
  • Like 1

I am going to go out on a limb and make a bold prediction..... Wil MacKenzie will win this year....

Edit: Phil..... ouch +5

Edited by Narpski

Chesson Hadley up there again. I saw him a little at Bay Hill. He is skinny and looks about 15. Apparently he has some game. 3 time all america at Georgia Tech. 1 win already on the tour this year albeit the Puerto Rico (opposite Doral) open but a win is a win I guess. I like Reed alot but I am also looking for other young kids to root for when the inevitable happens....

LPGA is in town this week. Me and my golf friends were thinking about going but the thought of four 50 year old men following around a bunch of young, barely adult women seemed a little perverted. So we'll stay away even though they could use the ticket sales :P

I've been to several LPGA events and let me tell you, you will NOT be standing out in the crowd. Several golfers, like Paula Creamer, have big crowds following them around (mostly men). Natalie Gulbis, who only has 1 LPGA win but has a pin up calendar, has the biggest army of guys following her around. She's no fool, she knows it's not her golf game that attracts the guys...

She gets loud cheers when she holes out because they know she has to bend over to get her ball.

Interesting about the field at the Valero. I guess I heard this on the Golf Channel.... 48 of the top 50 money winners from last years Web.com tour are in the field. A good thing????.... :no:

Interesting about the field at the Valero. I guess I heard this on the Golf Channel.... 48 of the top 50 money winners from last years Web.com tour are in the field. A good thing????.... :no:

it has the makings of another snoozefest this weekend, especially if Lefty ends up missing the cut... just my opinion, of course...

it has the makings of another snoozefest this weekend, especially if Lefty ends up missing the cut... just my opinion, of course...

And correct you would be. I guess next week is the Shell Houston Open and it promises more of the same. I was at my parents visiting last year during the Houston Open. They live about 2 hrs north of Houston and I almost went but the field kind of kept me away...

Wow

Thought for sure you'd be watching. The only reason I am is that there's nothing else on and it's nice to see something green (I guess that's two reasons).

Wow

Thought for sure you'd be watching. The only reason I am is that there's nothing else on and it's nice to see something green (I guess that's two reasons).

I am now. Even I feel a little bad for NBC. Some real sh*t fields and tournaments they have had to broadcast. I can only imagine the ratings must suck for this and the others recently....

Go Kevin Na I guess.... :cheerleader: (sh*t leaderboard)

I'm cheering for Kooch...

Not a fan. Too dull. How would this Masters be.... No Jason, Phil, Tiger....? Yowza

Not a fan. Too dull. How would this Masters be.... No Jason, Phil, Tiger....? Yowza

Dull is the new riveting in the PGA!

This may be the most boring PGA season ever. I've had fun rooting for Jimmy Walker, but the lack of starpower week after week is wearing on me a bit.

Am I being shallow?

• Like 1

This may be the most boring PGA season ever. I've had fun rooting for Jimmy Walker, but the lack of starpower week after week is wearing on me a bit.

Am I being shallow?

Nope. You latched on to Dyn-o-mite. I have Patrick Reed and am searching for others to fill the void now and in the future when the "inevitable" happens.... :( Edited by Narpski

Am I being shallow?

Nope. You latched on to Dyn-o-mite. I have Patrick Reed and am searching for others to fill the void now and in the future when the "inevitable" happens.... :(

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/PGAMarchMoneyLeaders_zps483b697a.jpg

:zzz:

I just checked the very early leaderboard... :sigh: I just don't think I can watch. I have some paint drying I may check out first....

Am I being shallow?

Nope. You latched on to Dyn-o-mite. I have Patrick Reed and am searching for others to fill the void now and in the future when the "inevitable" happens.... :(

Narp and Goose, I agree with both of you gentlemen... It's been hard to get excited about many of the tournaments this year so far. Maybe the season is too long. Some of the players are also playing a reduced schedule. Then there's been injuries so a few players aren't playing as much as usual. And, a couple of tournaments where I wanted someone to win, they blow it on Sundays (Rory at the Honda, Scott at Bay Hill). I've been watching more NHL hockey to fill the void.. I'm looking forward to the Masters even though it's my least favorite major.

Am I being shallow?

Narp and Goose, I agree with both of you gentlemen... It's been hard to get excited about many of the tournaments this year so far. Maybe the season is too long. Some of the players are also playing a reduced schedule. Then there's been injuries so a few players aren't playing as much as usual. And, a couple of tournaments where I wanted someone to win, they blow it on Sundays (Rory at the Honda, Scott at Bay Hill). I've been watching more NHL hockey to fill the void.. I'm looking forward to the Masters even though it's my least favorite major.

I wish there was something else I enjoyed. I can't stand baseball any more. Hockey would be torture (apologies to my new friends up north). Football gone till late August. Tennis sucks unless some hot ladies are playing (just being honest). When I start feeling better it will be time to hit the yard hard and spend more time out there. I also have plans to spend some time working out (walking/running) on the beach this year when the weather really warms up. Its been over a month now and I need to feel better for any of this to matter. I need golf to be interesting or I may have to start reading (ugh)..... :)
  • Like 1

He's the new Langer.

• Like 1

He's the new Langer.

Thats a good1.... :)

Edit: My wife has control of the television thank God otherwise I might turn it to this sh*t....

Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1