Official 2014 PGA Tour Thread

RushCanuck

So here is the MSN's main page for sports. Uhhhh who won Doral again??? Another Headline: "TIGER FADES" Reed wins

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/tig_zpsa3d9d1f0.jpg

Awesome!

I figured I would post this just for kicks. I have had many great memories in my life due to the game of golf. A couple holes in one and some wonderful, beautiful places played. Great memories playing with my son and watching him play nervously. This however I believe is my most prized photo at least. Kemper Open 1987. He was my favorite player practically the minute he hit the tour and until his way to early passing. Super nice as was his caddy Mike Hicks for setting up this photo op in the parking lot. I was 27 once believe it or not.... RIP Payne :rose:

http://s7.postimg.org/4mubcb2pn/IMAG0628.jpg

I presented it to him the next year and he signed it for me. 27 freak'in years ago!! Wow

Edited by Narpski
  • Like 2

I figured I would post this just for kicks. I have had many great memories in my life due to the game of golf. A couple holes in one and some wonderful, beautiful places played. Great memories playing with my son and watching him play nervously. This however I believe is my most prized photo at least. Kemper Open 1987. He was my favorite player practically the minute he hit the tour and until his way to early passing. Super nice as was his caddy Mike Hicks for setting up this photo op in the parking lot. I was 27 once believe it or not.... RIP Payne :rose:

I presented it to him the next year and he signed it for me. 27 freak'in years ago!! Wow

Wow, that's an amazing keepsake and a great experience! Yes, Payne left us way too young.

• Like 1

I guess the PGA Tour is off this week?.... :sarcastic:

Well, some of the lesser names will be trying to boost their bank accounts and ranking... I'll be watching some of it I'm sure - have to feed my addiction.

I doubt I will unless major boredom happens or a great story line somehow develops. It wouldn't be much different than watching the Puerto Rico Open last week.... :)

Wow, that's an amazing keepsake and a great experience! Yes, Payne left us way too young.

Best Socks on the tour.
  • Like 1

I guess the PGA Tour is off this week?.... :sarcastic:

Well, some of the lesser names will be trying to boost their bank accounts and ranking... I'll be watching some of it I'm sure - have to feed my addiction.

I doubt I will unless major boredom happens or a great story line somehow develops. It wouldn't be much different than watching the Puerto Rico Open last week.... :)

The downside of the bigger purses of today is that it seems there are fewer interesting tournaments where the big names all compete against each other.

Well...that's how it seems. But as I think about it, every era has had plenty of great no-name moments. There's a topic to pass the time.

John Daly shoots a big fat 90 at the Valspar Classic.

ya, including a 12 on the par 4 16th hole... :boo hiss:

His act has worn thin to be honest. i know he still has fans but I have not been one of them. The leader board at this event is a yawner as I thought it would be. Nothing to get me off the mower this weekend.... :)

His act has worn thin to be honest. i know he still has fans but I have not been one of them. The leader board at this event is a yawner as I thought it would be. Nothing to get me off the mower this weekend.... :)

I am also finding this week's tournament a snooze fest so far.... I'm hoping David Hearn or Graham DeLaet climb that leaderboard and make it interesting

I am also finding this week's tournament a snooze fest so far.... I'm hoping David Hearn or Graham DeLaet climb that leaderboard and make it interesting

I am hoping Graham DeLaet plays Bay Hill next week. Maybe I can get a photo with him in one of my Rush shirts and post it... :cheers:
  • Like 2

I am hoping Graham DeLaet plays Bay Hill next week. Maybe I can get a photo with him in one of my Rush shirts and post it... :cheers:

What makes you think he's going to put on your shirt?

• Like 3

I was really hoping that somehow David Duval would have a small comeback but so far this year it isn't happening.
  • Like 1

What makes you think he's going to put on your shirt?

Its so fortunate that your sense of humor is not that much different than mine (or my Dads for that matter). I laughed my ass off at that one for sure.... :LOL: Thanks
  • Like 1

I was really hoping that somehow David Duval would have a small comeback but so far this year it isn't happening.

Me too. There were some signs and then he disappears again. I really didn't like him the first time around but I would this time...

Me too. There were some signs and then he disappears again. I really didn't like him the first time around but I would this time...

I was never a Duval fan when he made his initial splash, but then I read an article in SI about him donating bone marrow to a sick relative (his brother maybe?) and I felt like a jerk for judging someone I didn't really know.

I was never a Duval fan when he made his initial splash, but then I read an article in SI about him donating bone marrow to a sick relative (his brother maybe?) and I felt like a jerk for judging someone I didn't really know.

My point exactly. If you saw him on Feherty last season you would even feel more that way. He has not had a "typical" life at all. He is complex in many ways for sure....I know I came away liking him when I didn't before.....

My point exactly. If you saw him on Feherty last season you would even feel more that way. He has not had a "typical" life at all. He is complex in many ways for sure....I know I came away liking him when I didn't before.....

If you haven't seen the article I could try to find it...it's worth reading.

Graham is not playing Bay Hill next week (I checked the field). Jason Day is playing, and a guy called Eldrick is scheduled to play.... What day(s?) are you going?

Graham is not playing Bay Hill next week (I checked the field). Jason Day is playing, and a guy called Eldrick is scheduled to play.... What day(s?) are you going?

I am either going on Friday or Sunday. Obviously there is a huge difference in the field etc between Friday and Sunday. I think our decision will be based mostly on the weather. Hopefully the weather will be good all days I am there but we will have to see. I guess in theory I could go both days but thats another 50.00 and I am just to poor for that. One spring training game I am attending (Red Sox vs Braves) is freak'in 62.00 by itself.... :rage: Highway robbery in my view

I am either going on Friday or Sunday. Obviously there is a huge difference in the field etc between Friday and Sunday. I think our decision will be based mostly on the weather. Hopefully the weather will be good all days I am there but we will have to see. I guess in theory I could go both days but thats another 50.00 and I am just to poor for that. One spring training game I am attending (Red Sox vs Braves) is freak'in 62.00 by itself.... :rage: Highway robbery in my view

So, you will be decked out in a RUSH shirt? Maybe we can spot you on tv. Let us know which day. Do you follow a player or do you go to a spot and watch the field roll through?