If Yes gets in the RRHOF, will Rush give the induction speech?

laughedatbytime

but when the discussion of which yes album to start with comes up, it's always fragile mentioned first.

I agree if we're talking about what album to get if you want to get into the classic "Yes sound." Other than me, to be honest, I don't know anyone who owns Fragile though.

seriously? what Yes fan doesn't own Fragile??

I don't know any (other) Yes fans.

Geddy is (or was) a huge Yes fan. In one of the interviews on the R30 disc (the one from about 1980 where they're in the studio and Alex is clearly baked), the interviewer asked them what other bands they like. Geddy's answer was "I'd see the band Yes in a second". I also know he's a big Bill Bruford fan (for those that don't know that name, he was one of the Yes drummers).

Rush and Kiss are both rock bands, if rush was a prog band they would have been finished in 1977, Since the majority of people view rush and kiss as the same type of music, rock, rush sould induct kiss into the rock and roll hall of fame, When Rush got in last year , it made it easier for kiss to get in, I saw yes in april this year, it was the most boring concert, Rush induct Kiss and they jam together what a perfect show.

I'm not surprised that Yes didn't get inducted. That Jann Wenner person seems to have a thing against prog rock bands.

And Yes have always put on great concerts. Speak for yourself!

Since the majority of people view rush and kiss as the same type of music, rock, rush sould induct kiss into the rock and roll hall of fame,

... Given this wide a definition Rush and Nickelback are the same kind of music as well.

No offense meant, but Rush and Kiss are worlds apart despite having toured together. Both Yes and DP are much closer to what Rush is than Kiss ever was. at least, Rush has always been 100% about music. Kiss? Did music ever matter to them?

Edited by barchetta90480

We all know all bands are about the money, Rush puts out a new live dvd after every tour, because music is their living, Never forget with no Kiss there would be no Rush, they had the same fanbase, The trouble with Kiss is Gene , he puts his money out in front and it gets to people, If gene wasn't such a jerk, Kiss would get more respect, The best Rush concerts were when Max Webster opened for Rush, and if Nickelcrap played with Rush they would get younger Fans, I hate Nicklecrap but thats the musiic of this generation, our old bands are slowly dying out, Rush and Kiss jam in rhhof , and play Led Zep that would be a show

Since the majority of people view rush and kiss as the same type of music, rock, rush sould induct kiss into the rock and roll hall of fame,

... Given this wide a definition Rush and Nickelback are the same kind of music as well.

No offense meant, but Rush and Kiss are worlds apart despite having toured together. Both Yes and DP are much closer to what Rush is than Kiss ever was. at least, Rush has always been 100% about music. Kiss? Did music ever matter to them?

I can't say whether or not music "mattered" to them but the early KISS stuff is good shit

• Like 1

I can't say whether or not music "mattered" to them but the early KISS stuff is good shit

They wrote catchy hard rock tunes.. I'll never understand the attitude that , as a rock band, you need to be a friggin musical maestro.. Kiss were no better or worse than a lot of other bands from that era..

• Like 1

They wrote catchy hard rock tunes.. I'll never understand the attitude that , as a rock band, you need to be a friggin musical maestro.. Kiss were no better or worse than a lot of other bands from that era..

seriously, do these people think rock starts with rush and ends with dream theater?

seriously, do these people think rock starts with rush and ends with dream theater?

Ha. I know right? Even in the Beyond the lighted stage, when Geddy says something along the lines of " whatever you think about kiss, musical or otherwise" , I was thinking it was a snobby comment.. I mean, why doesn't anyone pick on a band like ZZ Top? They have churning out the same bluesy style southern rock for over 40 years.. I love me some ZZ top, but it's no more musical than what kiss does

Ha. I know right? Even in the Beyond the lighted stage, when Geddy says something along the lines of " whatever you think about kiss, musical or otherwise" , I was thinking it was a snobby comment.. I mean, why doesn't anyone pick on a band like ZZ Top? They have churning out the same bluesy style southern rock for over 40 years.. I love me some ZZ top, but it's no more musical than what kiss does

yeah and you don't see anyone talking shit about motorhead either

but I guess KISS is just an easier target cause it can debated that their music didn't make them famous and their make-up did. personally I don't know if that's true or not, cause I think, make-up or no make-up, their records up to about 76/77 are all pretty good rock n roll. and obviously bands like zz top and motorhead made it on music alone, pretty much (even though both those bands also certainly have an "image" too)

yeah and you don't see anyone talking shit about motorhead either

Talking shit about Lemmy? I wouldn't even think about thinking of it ... Nobody fools around with Lemmy ...

Added: Music doesn't end with Dream Theater. They are at a point where music has already ended for me. But I've done enough Kiss bashing here (belatedly but seriously excluding "Strutter" and "Black Diamond"). Not starting on DT again...

Edited by barchetta90480