Help Narpet Today! Give him a listening assignment

Tombstone Mountain

Ah, ok.

All Cheap Trick after 1980 (But don't be in too much of a hurry to listen to The Doctor.....as big a fan as I am of them, I can only listen to one song on the entire album lol)

hmmm.......a terribly underrated rock album, IMO anyway, is AC/DC's Blow Up Your Video. Flick Of The Switch is fantastic, too.

YOU BETTER DO IT, NARPET. I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN! and.....and......give you a hug, probably hahahaha.

• Like 2

Here's a song from one of my favourite albums from the 80s, Michael Penn's March. This song is called "Evenfall."

http://telly.com/YCJNI

Every time you like one of my posts, I pee just a little bit

There's no tell'in what bodily function may occur if she ever decided to like a post of mine... :scared: :)

Dare I ask? :huh: :LOL:

Disappointment :sigh: I knew I forgot to take one of my pills this morning.... :LOL: Edited by Narpet

Agree with the 'Priest and Foo's recommendations... I like Wasting Light by the Foos. Cheap Trick on steroids.

Can I recommend some Queens Of The Stone Age? They have an oddly familiar '70's sound to them, with a few abrupt left turns. But if you're OK with '70's/'80's prog experimentation, they may satisfy. Try Songs For The Deaf or Lullabies To Paralyse... if you like that there is a plethora of related material out there (Them Crooked Vultures, or the spacey, jammy Kyuss.)

• Like 4

I found this band on a snowboarding soundtrack in 95? I think ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTl8HcvYRqg

Went to OzzFest in 1999 and was up against the second stage when this band came out to play. Went right out and bought their first album ( great ). Their other albums, not so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK-I5dfyN_I

Edited by custom55

Yo, Narpet, did you give a listen to Ayreon?

This. The new album has Cristina Scabbia. Awesome.

I hugged her *squeals* she is beautiful, in person moreso!

• Like 1

It's very kind of you to remember to inquire, but no not yet. Given my lack of technology skills, I have to give my son a list and have him upload or download ( whichever it is ) to my phone from time to time. He has been really busy this semester at school and I didn't want to trouble him. Over the break I am going to get him to show me how to do this. I really only listen at the gym anyway. I have about an hour window to rock out each day. I would like to broaden my horizons some but my stubborn nature always seems to get in the way........ :)
  • Like 1

It's very kind of you to remember to inquire, but no not yet. Given my lack of technology skills, I have to give my son a list and have him upload or download ( whichever it is ) to my phone from time to time. He has been really busy this semester at school and I didn't want to trouble him. Over the break I am going to get him to show me how to do this. I really only listen at the gym anyway. I have about an hour window to rock out each day. I would like to broaden my horizons some but my stubborn nature always seems to get in the way........ :)

Nothing like the Festivities to listen to some contemporary rock opera... I hope you'll enjoy it!!

• Like 1

I think Narpet will. Rick Wakeman, Cristina Scabbia, the kitchen sink...whats not to love?
  • Like 3

i'll start with shit right after you quit listenin to music as much

if you like 70s genesis you'll dig marillion's first few albums probably. you probably know em though

I wouldn't be to sure of that....... :LOL:

oh and motorhead, maiden, shit like that. saxon. some thrash maybe. but I mean I'm sure you've heard motorhead and maiden

At least I have heard of them....... :)