Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP! PLEASE!!!

Mara

I got free Sirius XM with my new car and it is a godsend. Between that and mp3/CDs, there is no reason for me to ever have to suffer through pop music again. Like others here, I've never liked the "pop" genre, of ANY era.

I just hate being a captive audience to shit like the subjects of my rant. And thank you - I know I have kindred spirits here and it's most comforting. :)

I'm in the same boat as you Mara. I have XM as well and 2,000 songs loaded on my iPod.

I can't stand pop culture. Even watching much of network TV makes my skin crawl.

• Like 1

I honestly don't ever hear their music anywhere..

Me neither, but that may be by design. :)

I too have never heard a single Katy Perry, Justin Bieber or Adam Levine song. I don't even know what Adam looks like. I'm fine with my lack of the current happenings in pop music. I'm getting old and set in my music ways.
  • Like 1

I saw a commercial for Proactive calling Levine a "rock star."

ARE YOU FING KIDDING ME? Even before they started to sound like that square Disney pop crap, Maroon 5 were always wussy soccer mom soft "rock" crap. Rock star my ass. I felt like pulling an Elvis on my tv set. M5 is for wimps who think Nickelback sounds too much like Slayer.
Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 3

What's the best way to watch a Katy Perry video?

With the volume all the way down.

Coudn't agree with you more on all points. It's insane how may people dig pop music and don't care about things like auto-tune or substance in songs.

I find it puzzling how people prefer her over Zooey D. One makes acutal music with She & Him and the other is annoying and makes Disney friendly kiddie pop crap.

And Zooey's boobs aren't small at all despite what the delusional Katy fans say.

I too have never heard a single Katy Perry, Justin Bieber or Adam Levine song. I don't even know what Adam looks like. I'm fine with my lack of the current happenings in pop music. I'm getting old and set in my music ways.

You lucky bitch! You never get trapped in Pop Music Hell? Ever? I am vigilant in my efforts to avoid it but if you have some secret, you're duty-bound to share, sister.

You lucky bitch! You never get trapped in Pop Music Hell? Ever? I am vigilant in my efforts to avoid it but if you have some secret, you're duty-bound to share, sister.

It's easy for me. Middle aged and grown children. I have earned the right to ignore whatever I want...... :P

It's easy for me. Middle aged and grown children. I have earned the right to ignore whatever I want...... :P

I don't have kids either - never had them so yeah, there are gaps in my music knowledge (and I'm happy to allow them to remain unfilled). But I still hear shit like Moron 5 and bug-eyed Katy filter into my awareness. Mostly this does happen at the gym and gyms do tend to be hotbeds of crappy music. And then there's TV. I will say my reflexes have been honed to lightning-speed and razor-sharp precision from reaching for the mute button.

I've never heard a Bieber song, nor Miley Cyrus. I suppose I should be grateful for that.

• Like 1

I shall reveal my secrets! Actually, I feel like I don't go out of my way to ignore this stuff. At the gym, I bring my iPod. My car is stocked with CDs and my radio stations are either talk radio or rock music stations. When I'm watching tv, I flip channels when there are commercial breaks. Of course, because of all this, I'm sure I'm way behind on more things than just Katy Perry and Justin Bieber.

Studies have shown that when people are exposed to the same thing continuously over long periods of time the odds of them liking it significantly increases. Most people listen to radio and TV because they don't have time to use other means and sift through tons of information to find the best stuff out there. Naturally big record companies have realized and have been exploiting this idea for years by simply cherry picking dime a dozen stars and marketing them to give the illusion of that artist being the next big thing until it actually happens.

So thanks to this, crap like Kesha, Katy Perry, Flo Rida and Maroon 5 get considered talented and good musicians to the masses because for the most part, it works and that's what the record companies are looking for -- the majority, not necessarily everyone. As a pleasant side effect (for the record companies), the musicians who do things properly become foreign in terms of sound, making it less desirable to the masses because it's not played as much (if at all) on the radio.

I just find it funny because this whole effect has caused me to buy CDs more since the music on Radio is crap. Even when I turn it to the "classic rock" radio station all that plays is generic crap like Green Day and Linkin Park with the occasional touch of Foo Fighters, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and Rush but it seems they need to balance each song with 5 post-2000s rock bands similar to Nickelback.

It's the same effect with television and movies. Expose them to cheap easy to make stuff and it becomes the norm after a while.

:rantoff:

Who is People Mags sexiest man of the year or alive or whatever the fu*k it is......... ? :facepalm:

If it is Adam Fuckwad Levine, that is ANOTHER reason I do not ever read People.

• Like 1

Who is People Mags sexiest man of the year or alive or whatever the fu*k it is......... ? :facepalm:

I think his middle name is actually Dickwad. Get your facts straight woman.... :LOL:

I think his middle name is actually Dickwad. Get your facts straight woman.... :LOL:

False, he's Walter Peck in Ghostbusters...dickless. :LOL:

• Like 1

So I finally saw what this character looks like. Not impressed. Far from being sexy and he has some of the worst tattoos I've ever seen. Total poser.
  • Like 3

So I finally saw what this character looks like. Not impressed. Far from being sexy and he has some of the worst tattoos I've ever seen. Total poser.

haha my mother in law was like "ERYN.Is this TRULY what you youngsters see as.....sexy?!"

I could not have laughed harder before saying "EW mom, NO!" hahahahha

He is not sexy. no way. ugh.

I just said this last night- I'll watch Katy Perry on mute. ;)

I won't even bother to look at her. Too skanky for me liking :codger:

yeah if she wore different clothes it would be better, but I cannot deny those curves. she's not a stick. oh, she is not a stick.

• Like 1

I just said this last night- I'll watch Katy Perry on mute. ;)

I won't even bother to look at her. Too skanky for me liking :codger:

yeah if she wore different clothes it would be better, but I cannot deny those curves. she's not a stick. oh, she is not a stick.

That I'll giver her! And to be fair she is not the worst, but I'm highly sensitive as to wether or not a woman has grace. To me she doesn't fall in that category ;)

• Like 1

lol main reason I prefer old Hollywood. Actresses looking glamorous and beautiful, not wearing barely-there bikinis to award shows and stuff like todays' stars do.

oh yeah I can think of a handful of other singers that are worse than her haha