Brady-Manning XIV...some previews

laughedatbytime

Happy for Manning as he seems like a stand-up guy.

He does?

Manning is a brainiac control freak on the field. From what I've seen, he's about the most demanding QB ever. He really, really wants to win, and I'm sure that his teammates have all respected him as a player and teammate, but have they LIKED him? His demanding, perfectionist personality on the field must be quite annoying to many players.

Donald Brown sure knows a thing or two about Manning's personality.....

He does?

Manning is a brainiac control freak on the field. From what I've seen, he's about the most demanding QB ever. He really, really wants to win, and I'm sure that his teammates have all respected him as a player and teammate, but have they LIKED him? His demanding, perfectionist personality on the field must be quite annoying to many players.

In all seriousness, my sense is that after a loss, he'd be the first guy to start telling you why someone else came up short.

He does?

In all seriousness, my sense is that after a loss, he'd be the first guy to start telling you why someone else came up short.

You mean he wouldn't have his Brazilian supermodel wife do it for him?

He does?

Manning's married to a Brazilian supermodel too? What are the chances of that happening?

He does?

Manning's married to a Brazilian supermodel too? What are the chances of that happening?

Brazilian supermodels? That sounds like a lot. Is that more than a Billion? Less than a Gazillion?

He does?

No, he's not an ugg-worthy douche.

He does?

He could easily afford Uggs. And if you've watched the clips, he's a douche.

He does?

So it seems you admit that Brady is a douche by your own standards.

He does?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wYcMnxkc0o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJxzqin81_s

I've never seen a QB go off on his team for such a prolonged period as Brady did in the first Jet game. (Well, maybe Jeff George.)

Then again, I don't have a problem with great QBs holding their team to the same standards they hold themselves to.

Then again, I don't have a problem with great QBs holding their team to the same standards they hold themselves to.

IMO, being demanding to the point of irritating is a required quality of a great quarterback.

All the current great QB's - Manning, Rodgers, Brady, Brees - demand excellence from their teammates. Brett Favre had to scream at Sterling Sharpe to SHUT UP right in the huddle during games, just to maintain order. Running a championship level offense is a tough job, so it takes a very strong-willed player to do it. He's gonna piss people off from time to time.

Manning and Brady may be pricks on the field, but sometimes, they have to be......

• Like 2

He does?

I've never seen a QB go off on his team for such a prolonged period as Brady did in the first Jet game. (Well, maybe Jeff George.)

Neither do I. Brady can do it too.

But seriously, I think it can be the mark of a good leader to have that fire come out now and then. And I love the people I cheer for to have that passion and fire.

He does?

Is Brady acting like a douche there, yes or no?

He does?

Is Brady acting like a douche there, yes or no?

In my opinion, no. By your standards, yes.

So what makes Brady a douche then?

Shilling uggs, general pretty-boy-ness, impregnating and leaving his girlfriend like a basketball player, not being around to help raise said son, being a 49ers fan, etc., etc.

Shilling uggs, general pretty-boy-ness, impregnating and leaving his girlfriend like a basketball player, not being around to help raise said son, being a 49ers fan, etc., etc.

You know the intimate details of Tom Brady's past relationships?

It seems to me that all the criticisms of Tom Brady have been based on two things:

1. Jealousy of his good looks, wealth and lifestyle.

2. Jealousy of his team's winning ways.

IMO, 95% of all heterosexual men in this country would gladly trade lives with Tom Brady.

It seems to me that all the criticisms of Tom Brady have been based on two things:

IMO, 95% of all heterosexual men in this country would gladly trade lives with Tom Brady.

Not this one. The life of an NFL player sucks. And I don't like Tom Brady because he is a pouting little bitch when he doesn't get his way with the refs. Also, he has a habit of disappearing for midfield handshakes after he loses a big game.

Well, tough to argue with thoughtful analysis like that.

Incidentally, you're misinformed about his relationship with his son John with Ms. Moynihan, at least by all outward appearances and accounts.

What did he say to Coach O'Brien? An in your mind, yelling "either we fight or we're going to lay down" is the same as calling out Saturday and Brown? Not to me. So your analysis that Brady is a douche by my standard is pretty weak.

Not this one. The life of an NFL player sucks. And I don't like Tom Brady because he is a pouting little bitch when he doesn't get his way with the refs. Also, he has a habit of disappearing for midfield handshakes after he loses a big game.

I've watched pretty much every game he's started since 2001. In all honesty, that's the first time I've ever even heard he left the field rather than shake hands with his opponent. And I don't think he's unique in appealing to the refs for calls.

Incidentally, you're misinformed about his relationship with his son John with Ms. Moynihan, at least by all outward appearances and accounts.

What did he say to Coach O'Brien? An in your mind, yelling "either we fight or we're going to lay down" is the same as calling out Saturday and Brown? Not to me. So your analysis that Brady is a douche by my standard is pretty weak.

Yes because generally opinions on whether someone is a douche hinge on their peer reviewed law papers. The guy is angry baby, the acrimony between him and his ex has been well publicized (and publicly denied several times), and he rants at his own teammates and coaches as we all saw. It's fine if you want to like him, but your defense of him here is made even more pathetic by you taking it overly serious.

Yes because generally opinions on whether someone is a douche hinge on their peer reviewed law papers. The guy is angry baby, the acrimony between him and his ex has been well publicized (and publicly denied several times), and he rants at his own teammates and coaches as we all saw. It's fine if you want to like him, but your defense of him here is made even more pathetic by you taking it overly serious.

Well, you might want to look in the mirror before whining that people are taking a discussion too seriously. If you don't like him because he ordinarily whoops up on your favorite team twice a year, just say that. Don't throw out dumb things like for whom he does endorsements.

Well, you might want to look in the mirror before whining that people are taking a discussion too seriously. If you don't like him because he ordinarily whoops up on your favorite team twice a year, just say that. Don't throw out dumb things like for whom he does endorsements.

Get over yourself, man. I'm having fun teasing a guy that I genuinely believe comes across as a douche, and you're getting all serious and angry. You must be a blast watching games at the bar.

Get over yourself, man. I'm having fun teasing a guy that I genuinely believe comes across as a douche, and you're getting all serious and angry. You must be a blast watching games at the bar.

Maybe it's you who needs to change. You were trolling, so I engaged you. I'm not the least bit angry. My exchange with you is no different from ones I have with LABT all over this forum about sports. The difference I guess is he can take it.