"Why Rush and Terry Brown Will Reunite for Another Album"

Shredder2

CA is a masterpiece. No need to change the producer.

Although maybe get Bottrill to do the final mix.

this.

Definitely, now that Rich Chycki's spending more time dealing with the Dream Theater stuff for the past 2 years...

• Like 1

I don't know about you guys but I would like to see a collaboration of producers. Say one producer for each song. Terry Brown, Alan Parsons, Peter Collins, Trevor Rabin, Trevor Horn, David Bottrill, and even Nick Raskulinecz again and just to mention a few.
  • Like 2

I don't know about you guys but I would like to see a collaboration of producers. Say one producer for each song. Terry Brown, Alan Parsons, Peter Collins, Trevor Rabin, Trevor Horn, David Bottrill, and even Nick Raskulinecz again and just to mention a few.

This would be interesting, but that's a lot of producers. McCartney used four producers on New's 12 tracks, and I think that was quite successful.

I guess that's not too crazy of an idea but basically, I think you just have a major hard on for making lists
  • Like 4

I guess that's not too crazy of an idea but basically, I think you just have a major hard on for making lists

Hard on Isn't the word. Wonder what his grocery lists are like

Do you think something like this happens when his wife sends him to the grocery store?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YFRUSTiFUs

Edited by GeddysMullet

JohnnyBlaze you got that right. As for the grocery list they are pretty intense! Specially when I organize the list in order of appearance at Publix. Somehting like this:

Round one:

Soda (Coke, Sprite, Lemonade)

Chips (Doritoes, Cheese Doodles)

Popcorn and Peanuts

Ham and Cheese

Bacon

Eggs

Milk

Anyway Enough of that! :d13:

Edited by losingit2k

Do you think something like this happens when his wife sends him to the grocery store?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YFRUSTiFUs

:LOL: She's pretty funny. I have to admit I do come home with many (buy one get one free) items I don't need. Edited by losingit2k

JohnnyBlaze you got that right. As for the grocery list they are pretty intense! Specially when I organize the list in order of appearance at Publix. Somehting like this:

Round one:

Popcorn and Peanuts

Ham and Cheese

Bacon

Eggs

Milk

Does the end of your grocery (set)list look like this?

Encore:

2 bags of ice

4 lottery tickets

French baguettes

• Like 2

Round one:

Popcorn and Peanuts

Ham and Cheese

Bacon

Eggs

Milk

Encore:

2 bags of ice

4 lottery tickets

French baguettes

I Love the Baguettes

Round one:

Popcorn and Peanuts

Ham and Cheese

Bacon

Eggs

Milk

Encore:

2 bags of ice

4 lottery tickets

French baguettes

I Love the Baguettes

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/97/Nl-baguettes2.jpg

"This is a song about a bread, this is called 'French Baguette'."

http://www.goolsbee.org/images/friday/red-barchetta5.jpg :blaze:

• Like 2

Sorry, I just don't really want Terry back right now. I'm not saying I never want to see him work with the boys again, but Nick Raskulinecz is doing a great job, why spoil his contributions. He's Terry for the new Millennium if you ask me, his contributions are as big as Terry's were, his skills are about the same as Terry's and I think he's done some great work.

That's my 2c

• Like 2

Sorry, I just don't really want Terry back right now. I'm not saying I never want to see him work with the boys again, but Nick Raskulinecz is doing a great job, why spoil his contributions. He's Terry for the new Millennium if you ask me, his contributions are as big as Terry's were, his skills are about the same as Terry's and I think he's done some great work.

That's my 2c

I concur. Nick should continue to get the call. Terry had his turn and was a tremendous influence. However Nick's a genuis as well

Nothing personal toward Nick, but he does not belong in the Rush camp, imo. He is a "new and improved", "young and relevant" choice for the band in its own forced evolution. They booted Terry when he/they were at the zenith, which had to be an emotionally-based choice. He really was the 4th (closeted, if u will) member of Rush. In a sense, Terry was what Neil Peart was to Rush. Edited by GeminiRising79
  • Like 1

Nothing personal toward Nick, but he does not belong in the Rush camp, imo. He is a "new and improved", "young and relevant" choice for the band in its own forced evolution. They booted Terry when he/they were at the zenith, which had to be an emotionally-based choice. He really was the 4th (closeted, if u will) member of Rush. In a sense, Terry was what Neil Peart was to Rush.

GR79...How can you say Nick doesn't belong in the Rush camp when he's clearly demonstrated he's able to help the band create a masterpiece? Clockwork Angels rivals any work the bands ever produced. You come across at times like a scorned lover. Did you work for the band at one point and get kicked to the curb or something? Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

Nothing personal toward Nick, but he does not belong in the Rush camp, imo. He is a "new and improved", "young and relevant" choice for the band in its own forced evolution. They booted Terry when he/they were at the zenith, which had to be an emotionally-based choice. He really was the 4th (closeted, if u will) member of Rush. In a sense, Terry was what Neil Peart was to Rush.

GR79...How can you say Nick doesn't belong in the Rush camp when he's clearly demonstrated he's able to help the band create a masterpiece? Clockwork Angels rivals any work the bands ever produced. You come across at times like a scorned lover. Did you work for the band at one point and get kicked to the curb or something?

Warning signs that may indicate someone is heading toward an episode of schizophrenia include:

Irrational, bizarre or odd statements or beliefs

Increased paranoia or questioning others' motivations

Hostility or suspiciousness

Increasing reliance on drugs or alcohol (in an attempt to self-medicate)

Speaking in a strange manner unlike themselves

Inappropriate laughter

Deterioration in their personal appearance and hygiene

TM, Im still convinced u r on the Rush payroll. Masterpiece? Rivals any previous works? I almost choked on my blood-orange flavor Chobani high-protein greek yogurt when I read that. Lmao.

Edited by GeminiRising79
  • Like 1

I don't understand why people are convinced that Rush working with Terry Brown again would be so great. Sure, they were able to make magic together more than 30 years ago, but that doesn't automatically mean they'd still be good together now. Maybe they would and maybe they wouldn't, but in my opinion, this isn't any more serious a topic than "Who's the biggest badass in Rush?"
  • Like 1

GR79...How can you say Nick doesn't belong in the Rush camp when he's clearly demonstrated he's able to help the band create a masterpiece? Clockwork Angels rivals any work the bands ever produced. You come across at times like a scorned lover. Did you work for the band at one point and get kicked to the curb or something?

Warning signs that may indicate someone is heading toward an episode of schizophrenia include:

Inappropriate laughter

Oh, wow, Gemini, this explains so much!

I'm really sorry to hear about your mental illness. You should have told us sooner. Now that we know, perhaps you'll be able to be shown some kindness around here.

I for one promise to stop pitying you and laughing at you so much, and try to regard you with appropriate compassion instead. ;)

Edited by GeddysMullet
  • Like 2

Inappropriate laughter

TM, Im still convinced u r on the Rush payroll. Masterpiece? Rivals any previous works? I almost choked on my blood-orange flavor Chobani high-protein greek yogurt when I read that. Lmao.

Man, deep down inside I think you just need a hug. Terry Brown is never coming back...enjoy what you have my disillusioned friend

Wait a minute?!?! Is GeminiRising79 really Terry Brown trying to get "the boys" to pay attention to him? Is he so desperate he had to finally resort to posting on a Rush fan forum for the one in a million chance someone would pay attention to him?
  • Like 1

Nick deserves to stay from the standpoint that he gets good performances from the band and helps with arrangements and orchestration and such, but his time is up from a mixing standpoint. A lot to be desired there. Let Nick produce again and bring in somebody else(not Chycki) to mix. Bottrill sounds good to me.

• Like 3

Wait a minute?!?! Is GeminiRising79 really Terry Brown trying to get "the boys" to pay attention to him? Is he so desperate he had to finally resort to posting on a Rush fan forum for the one in a million chance someone would pay attention to him?

"DeRushed" yourself with that sentiment

Edited by GeminiRising79

I'd pay Terry's flight and accomodations wherever they record it. Having him back would be a ridiculously logical move.

Good luck topping Clockwork!

• Like 1

"DeRushed" yourself with that sentiment

Snake Plisken! I heard you were dead?