Gigantour: Megadeth and Dream Theater

barney_rebel

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (tangdog @ Sep 4 2005, 12:54 PM)
My point there is if you think Def Leppard is one of the greatest groups of all time,

Tell me where Test said that Def Leppard is one of the greatest groups of all time. I personally would listen to a LOT of bands I don't like over Dream Theater. I don't like U2, and I would still listen to them over DT...I don't like AC/DC, but I would still listen to them over DT...the list goes on and on...I actually would probably listen to Def Leppard over DT...and I've never bought a DL record, enver seen them in concert, never plan to either...

Kazz, Test and I were dissing six or eight individuals: James LeBrie, John Petrucci, John Myung, Jordan Rudess/Derek Sherainian/everybody else who has played keyboards with them, and Mike Portnoy. We were NOT passing any judgment over TRF peeps because of what they listen to. I have friends who listen to 50 Cent...they're still my friends even though I disagree with their taste in music...I even know people who listen to freaking Hall and Oates...still my friends, even though we disagree on music for the most part...my cousin listens to Briteny and NSYNC and all them, even in this day and age...he's still cool, even though he listens to all those people.

YOU on the other hand were singling out Test and Kazz because of THEIR music tastes. Go after me next...I have f***ing Green Day in my profile, go ahead and bash me for that.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 4 2005, 04:05 PM)

You can go on all night if you want...you are the bad guy here, not me...I dissed a band....bands get dissed all the time....

I will gladly concede and apologize to any and all I have offended if you can provide to me quotes of you and your DT hating buddies trashing some other groups with the same level of abrasiveness within this forum. Who else have you ripped a new one? I eagerly await your response.

In general I go by the "whatever floats your boat" motto. But when someone trys to sink one of my ships, they had better expect some retalitation. Thats the reality of life and you and everyone else should expect that in your future endeavors.

I am afraid DT evokes a Pavolian reponse from you and others, you read the words DT and out comes they suck. Thats your opinion and you all are cetainly entitled to them. I always try to remember the old saying about opinions though....

Think hard about what you brought to this thread. It was about a concert with Megadeth headlining. You admit above you like Megadeth, so why no mention about something postive about the show. All you did was piss in someones cornflakes. Thanks for brightening our day.

In closing I would suggest you or some other like minded individual start "The Official Dream Theater Sucks Thread" if you have not yet done so. That way you can get your daily dose of DT bashing and give you and your friends a centralized place to verbally masturbate about how much DT sucks. I promise never to join you there.

Tangdog... let it go... I mean, I love Dream Theater, but I can't stop people from bashing them! If Test and others want to bash DT then just let them do it! Who cares!??!?!

It's not like Test could say "Dream Theater suck" and my copy of Images and Words would disappear...

Whether or not he's (or anybody else have) "ripped a new one" for another band doesn't matter. And that shit about masturbating to thoughts of how much a band sucks is just bullshit.

In fact, in the Counterparts message board there IS a thread. It's called "Dream Theater haters unite!" if I recall correctly. And I highly doubt they've pleasured themselves in that thread.

Be open minded... if they highly dislike a band, don't freak out dude... just don't talk to them about that band...

QUOTE (tangdog @ Sep 5 2005, 07:26 AM)
I will gladly concede and apologize to any and all I have offended if you can provide to me quotes of you and your DT hating buddies trashing some other groups with the same level of abrasiveness within this forum.

Maybe we just hate Dream Theater more than other groups.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Sep 5 2005, 12:11 PM)
Tangdog... let it go... I mean, I love Dream Theater, but I can't stop people from bashing them! If Test and others want to bash DT then just let them do it! Who cares!??!?!

It's not like Test could say "Dream Theater suck" and my copy of Images and Words would disappear...

Whether or not he's (or anybody else have) "ripped a new one" for another band doesn't matter. And that shit about masturbating to thoughts of how much a band sucks is just bullshit.

In fact, in the Counterparts message board there IS a thread. It's called "Dream Theater haters unite!" if I recall correctly. And I highly doubt they've pleasured themselves in that thread.

Be open minded... if they highly dislike a band, don't freak out dude... just don't talk to them about that band...

I guess, I am going to have too. I just think it sad to be so passionate about what you hate.

I gotta clarify a point though, I am really, really,really not implying that these guys are masturbating while they are hating DT.

I meant:

1. verbal masturbation

When one speaks for solely the purpose of hearing their own voice.

Source

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Sep 5 2005, 12:30 PM)
QUOTE (tangdog @ Sep 5 2005, 07:26 AM)
I will gladly concede and apologize to any and all I have offended if you can provide to me quotes of you and your DT hating buddies trashing some other groups with the same level of abrasiveness within this forum.

Maybe we just hate Dream Theater more than other groups.

Thats cool, I guess we all have to have something to hate.

I just hope you do not live to regret having passed up the chance to see DT in their prime.

I know a lot of folks that told me how much Rush sucked back in the day, now wish they had caught some of the earlier tours.

To each his own and no ill will to you or anyone. I gotta say I think you listen to a lot of excellent and diverse types of music. Anyone down with PE and Morrisey is alright in my book.

QUOTE (tangdog @ Sep 5 2005, 12:50 PM)
I guess, I am going to have too. I just think it sad to be so passionate about what you hate.

I gotta clarify a point though, I am really, really,really not implying that these guys are masturbating while they are hating DT.

I meant:

1. verbal masturbation

When one speaks for solely the purpose of hearing their own voice.

Source

I don't think they're being "passionate" about disliking the band. They're just typing up some opinions on a message board. I could understand calling it passionate if someone on TRF wrote a book about how much they hated Dream Theater...

As for the whole verbal masturbation thing, I was not familiar with that term. I was a little weirded out by that, and it seemed like a pretty big envelope-pusher. So thanks for clearing that up.

This thread is getting close to getting locked. Test, Kazz, PK, myself, we are all not fans of Dream Theatre for one way or another. If you are tired of reading posts that are negative sounding to the band you like, then STOP READING AND POSTING IN THIS THREAD! The last 4 pages are nothing but a pointless arguement over why someone should like or not like DT. We are not a Dream Theatre board, we are a Rush board, and if the majority of the posters here feel they want to talk about thier experiences in coming to the decision of not liking DT, so be it. If you read through, most of these people have valid reasons for not liking the band. Everyone here has a right to thier own opinion without having to feel persecuted for it after saying it.

Also a case in point, most of those original posts that were bashing DT were done back in June and July, and you are now trying to stir up an arguement between them. People were not continually bashing the band, they had thier say and the thread was left alone for almost 2 months. As far as I am concerned, this arguement does not need to go on any further, and if I see any more people trying to single another person out to continue this arguement, this thread will be closed.

QUOTE (tangdog @ Sep 5 2005, 10:26 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 4 2005, 04:05 PM)

You can go on all night if you want...you are the bad guy here, not me...I dissed a band....bands get dissed all the time....

I will gladly concede and apologize to any and all I have offended if you can provide to me quotes of you and your DT hating buddies trashing some other groups with the same level of abrasiveness within this forum. Who else have you ripped a new one? I eagerly await your response.

In general I go by the "whatever floats your boat" motto. But when someone trys to sink one of my ships, they had better expect some retalitation. Thats the reality of life and you and everyone else should expect that in your future endeavors.

I am afraid DT evokes a Pavolian reponse from you and others, you read the words DT and out comes they suck. Thats your opinion and you all are cetainly entitled to them. I always try to remember the old saying about opinions though....

Think hard about what you brought to this thread. It was about a concert with Megadeth headlining. You admit above you like Megadeth, so why no mention about something postive about the show. All you did was piss in someones cornflakes. Thanks for brightening our day.

In closing I would suggest you or some other like minded individual start "The Official Dream Theater Sucks Thread" if you have not yet done so. That way you can get your daily dose of DT bashing and give you and your friends a centralized place to verbally masturbate about how much DT sucks. I promise never to join you there.

I'm not going to apologize for having an opinion. It doesn't matter how many other bands are there. Some of my fav bands been trashed before but I don't get all sensitive about it. THEY'RE JUST BANDS! Ask invisy how many times he has bashed Led Zeppelin on this forum? Ask him about having "Led Zep Sucks" in this sig? But I get along with him just fine. I don't think of him any less. Do you see a "Dream Theater Sucks" in my sig? Do you see a thread anywhere of any band sucking? I know there was a zep one back then. I went in there stated why I like them but I didn't belittle the ones who didn't. I didn't pick on any of their choices.

I never once trashed DT in this very thread. I stated I rather listen to Def Leppard or any other band than listen to DT. I have that very right as you have to right to listen to DT rather than any band. Furthermore I only said it after you pointed out Kazz listing leppard as one of his favs. After going to his profile. I also said why I didn't like them. My issue in this thread is you belittling someone else's choice of music. You singlesd out one of several people who made a negative comment about DT. No one says "tangdog listens to DT, how embarassing"

Then you proceed to try and embarrass me by referring to my age and my (SARCASTIC) choice of music. I know several people my age who listen to leppard. There are many on this board. Age is not and shouldn't be an issue when it comes to taste in music. You brought in a single quote I said about DT from another thread and try to use that argument against me. Not once did I make a negative comment bout DT in this very thread until after u started your crap.

There are countless examples everywhere of people not liking something someone else like. I do not have the time or desire to list them. It is called an OPINION. You need to chill out and quit being so sensitive about other people not liking what you do. Life is too short to worry what other people think of what I like. Hell we both know about Rush being disliked by many. But I DON"T CARE. Couldn't care less what people thought of Rush. Doesn't stop me from loving them or listening to them.

People are going to trash DT whether you like it or not. Quit taking it so personally. We all have our opinions of who we like or dislike. You can't handle that then go to the DT forums and glorify them all you want.

I'm not going to quit making my opinion about anything just because you don't want to see it. If you don't want to apologize because I or anyone else won't go with that condition then you are just making yourself look worse then it already does.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 5 2005, 01:28 PM)
QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Sep 5 2005, 12:32 PM)
Why is it that you can bash DT, but not any other band that other people like on this forum?

Come on invisy...u bashed Zeppelin all the time when u first joined up

Yes, until you asked me not to. That doesn't seem to happen with DT.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Sep 5 2005, 01:29 PM)
Why is it that you can bash DT, but not any other band that other people like on this forum?

I never once asked you not to.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 5 2005, 01:30 PM)

I respect peoples opinions but u keep repeating and repeating that u don't like them. We already KNOW this. I could say a million things I hate about U2 but I have respect for peoples' taste in music and don't repeatly bash them. I could very well start a "U2 is overrated thread" (trust me I'm tempted). But I'm not gonna sink to that level. If don't like it don't listen to it...pretty simple, really....

It may not have been stated, but it was certainly implied.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 5 2005, 01:17 PM)
I'm not going to apologize for having an opinion. It doesn't matter how many other bands are there. Some of my fav bands been trashed before but I don't get all sensitive about it. THEY'RE JUST BANDS! Ask invisy how many times he has bashed Led Zeppelin on this forum? Ask him about having "Led Zep Sucks" in this sig? But I get along with him just fine. I don't think of him any less. Do you see a "Dream Theater Sucks" in my sig? Do you see a thread anywhere of any band sucking? I know there was a zep one back then. I went in there stated why I like them but I didn't belittle the ones who didn't. I didn't pick on any of their choices.

I never once trashed DT in this very thread. I stated I rather listen to Def Leppard or any other band than listen to DT. I have that very right as you have to right to listen to DT rather than any band. Furthermore I only said it after you pointed out Kazz listing leppard as one of his favs. After going to his profile. I also said why I didn't like them. My issue in this thread is you belittling someone else's choice of music. You singlesd out one of several people who made a negative comment about DT. No one says "tangdog listens to DT, how embarassing"

Then you proceed to try and embarrass me by referring to my age and my (SARCASTIC) choice of music. I know several people my age who listen to leppard. There are many on this board. Age is not and shouldn't be an issue when it comes to taste in music. You brought in a single quote I said about DT from another thread and try to use that argument against me. Not once did I make a negative comment bout DT in this very thread until after u started your crap.

There are countless examples everywhere of people not liking something someone else like. I do not have the time or desire to list them. It is called an OPINION. You need to chill out and quit being so sensitive about other people not liking what you do. Life is too short to worry what other people think of what I like. Hell we both know about Rush being disliked by many. But I DON"T CARE. Couldn't care less what people thought of Rush. Doesn't stop me from loving them or listening to them.

People are going to trash DT whether you like it or not. Quit taking it so personally. We all have our opinions of who we like or dislike. You can't handle that then go to the DT forums and glorify them all you want.

I'm not going to quit making my opinion about anything just because you don't want to see it. If you don't want to apologize because I or anyone else won't go with that condition then you are just making yourself look worse then it already does.

goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Sep 5 2005, 01:35 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 5 2005, 01:30 PM)

I respect peoples opinions but u keep repeating and repeating that u don't like them. We already KNOW this. I could say a million things I hate about U2 but I have respect for peoples' taste in music and don't repeatly bash them. I could very well start a "U2 is overrated thread" (trust me I'm tempted). But I'm not gonna sink to that level. If don't like it don't listen to it...pretty simple, really....

It may not have been stated, but it was certainly implied.

That's right I didn't state it. I also didn't say DT sucks a million times like u did back then. My point of that post was that u repeated it time and time and time again and just merely stated we already know you don't like them. As i said in that thread " I have respect for peoples' taste in music and don't repeatly bash them". I said I didn't like DT what several times? Spread over a year? You were doing it every day invisy. You had Zep Sucks in your sig.

I also didn't try to embarass you personally. I never said Invisibleairwaves is embarassing cause he listens to U2. I never single you out among a group of people who didn't like U2. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Archived