Gigantour: Megadeth and Dream Theater

barney_rebel

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Jul 9 2005, 12:24 AM)
Nobody is worse than Dio.

There are plenty worse then Dio, but it would take 10 years to name them all. I could start with the bands that are out there today. Most of them just plan suck. As for Dream Theater, I think their a pretty good band. Not the best, but they are good musicians. Some of you are right though, they are trying to be like Rush. Esp. the last few years.

2.gif

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jul 9 2005, 10:28 AM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Jul 9 2005, 01:24 AM)
Nobody is worse than Dio.

Blink 182

Good Charlotte

My Chemical Romance

Taking Back Sunday

Any other emo band

The nobody is worse than Dio thing was kind of a joke... Although he IS pretty bad.

And none of those bands are emo. I'm not a fan of emo music, and I think "emo" is the stupidest label ever conceived. I would post a quote from Omar from the Volta about emo... but I forgot most of it.

Anyways, none of those are emo. It is a misunderstood genre. Those bands are pop-rock (pop-punk if you will), some of them may dress dark, but that doesn't make them emo.

Some examples of actual emo bands:

Emo: Mineral

Emocore: The Lawrence Arms

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jul 8 2005, 11:33 PM)
DT stiffly and expertly recreates things that other people have already done. Kazz is right....DT is really a band of Yngwie Malmsteens, just soloing all the time for the sake of showing off.

They do a Zeppelin medley, and he sounds EXACTLY like Robert Plant. They do Bohemian Rhapsody, and he sounds EXACTLY like Freddie Mercury. They do Journey, Genesis, etc. and he sounds EXACTLY like Steve Perry/Phil Collins/whoever. HE HAS NO VOICE OF HIS OWN. than Ronnie James Dio, if that's possible.

thanks! yes.gif you just proided a great insight for me. now i'm torn to see them allthough i'd be more disappointecd if i saw them without knowing this info

QUOTE (daveyt @ Sep 4 2005, 12:36 AM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jul 8 2005, 11:33 PM)
DT stiffly and expertly recreates things that other people have already done. Kazz is right....DT is really a band of Yngwie Malmsteens, just soloing all the time for the sake of showing off.

They do a Zeppelin medley, and he sounds EXACTLY like Robert Plant. They do Bohemian Rhapsody, and he sounds EXACTLY like Freddie Mercury. They do Journey, Genesis, etc. and he sounds EXACTLY like Steve Perry/Phil Collins/whoever. HE HAS NO VOICE OF HIS OWN.  than Ronnie James Dio, if that's possible.

thanks! yes.gif you just proided a great insight for me. now i'm torn to see them allthough i'd be more disappointecd if i saw them without knowing this info

Well here we go again. People afraid of what they do not understand.

You know DT has been at for 20 years now and they have created lots of original music.

I could spend all day ranting about how much certain bands suck that other members like. Do I? No , because I believe in making a POSITIVE contribution to a discussion.

For instance Def Leppard is one of Kazzmans favorites??? To me that is embarassing but apparently he likes that sort of stuff. Point is, if you don't like something chances are that you are not an authority on the subject.

A final point, how manys bands have the chops to pull off a medley like the one you described?

QUOTE (kazzman @ Sep 4 2005, 10:04 AM)
QUOTE (tangdog @ Sep 4 2005, 10:18 AM)
For instance Def Leppard is one of Kazzmans favorites???

Um... ok, nice way to jump to conclusions there.

Kamelot, Nightwish, Dream Evil, Rammstein, Rhapsody, Def Leppard, Iron Maiden

From your profile.................

Dude, its all good. If you hate DT thats fine with me. Just keep you negative thoughts to yourself.

We can walk our road together

If our goals are all the same

We can run alone and free

If we pursue a different aim

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Jul 8 2005, 10:46 AM)
Derek Sheri-what's it - Keyboardist for Falling Into Infinity. He doesn't do much at all, he's the worst of their three keyboard players.

Derek Sherinian. Its funny because he was my least favorite DT keyboardist too. However, I really like his two solo discs Black Utopia and Mythology.

He was in incredible mixture of musicians on them, just some of the guitarists include:

Allan Holdsworth

Al Dimeola

Zakk Wylde

Steve Lukather

Steve Stevens

Planet X is the shit too.

QUOTE (tangdog @ Sep 4 2005, 11:25 AM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Sep 4 2005, 10:04 AM)
QUOTE (tangdog @ Sep 4 2005, 10:18 AM)
For instance Def Leppard is one of Kazzmans favorites???

Um... ok, nice way to jump to conclusions there.

Kamelot, Nightwish, Dream Evil, Rammstein, Rhapsody, Def Leppard, Iron Maiden

From your profile.................

Yeah, guess what though, because they're on there, doesn't exactly mean they're one of my favorite bands. They're just one of the bands I like that people have heard of...

Dude, its all good. If you hate DT thats fine with me. Just keep you negative thoughts to yourself.

Then what's the point of even comming to a message board where you can't express your opinions, positive or negative?

QUOTE (kazzman @ Sep 4 2005, 11:04 AM)

Yeah, guess what though, because they're on there, doesn't exactly mean they're one of my favorite bands. They're just one of the bands I like that people have heard of...

Then what's the point of even comming to a message board where you can't express your opinions, positive or negative?

Then why are they listed under "Other Favorite Bands" ?

I guess we should take everything else you write as untrue? How clever and tricky of you.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 4 2005, 11:23 AM)
I'll take def leppard over dt anyday yes.gif

Hell I'll take Motley Crue over dt.....and that is sayin' alot ....

I hope for your sake you have not seen def leppard in concert more times than Rush. Considering your age and where you live you must have passed up the opportunity to see the boys more than once.

Rememer Def Leppard is a group designed for and marketed at 12 to 15 year girls?

QUOTE (tangdog @ Sep 4 2005, 11:34 AM)
I'll take def leppard over dt anyday  yes.gif

I hope for your sake you have not seen def leppard in concert more times than Rush. Considering your age and where you live you must have passed up the opportunity to see the boys more than once.

Rememer Def Leppard is a group designed for and marketed at 12 to 15 year girls?

nope never seen lep.....just would rather listen to them than dt...look lots of people don't like dt...GET OVER IT

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 4 2005, 11:37 AM)
QUOTE (tangdog @ Sep 4 2005, 11:34 AM)
I'll take def leppard over dt anyday  yes.gif

nope never seen lep.....just would rather listen to them than dt...look lots of people don't like dt...GET OVER IT

Also..I've seen dt live..listened to theiur stuff

it is BORING BORING BORING schla03.gif schla03.gif schla03.gif schla03.gif schla03.gif schla03.gif schla03.gif schla03.gif schla03.gif

In fact I'm thinking of buying one of their albums to help me with my insomnia problem sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (tangdog @ Sep 4 2005, 12:30 PM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Sep 4 2005, 11:04 AM)

Then why are they listed under "Other Favorite Bands" ?

I guess we should take everything else you write as untrue? How clever and tricky of you.

Read my quote again....

Maybe if you would actually get to know me (like most of the people on this board have), you would know that:

1) I'm sarcastic a lot

2) Most people have never heard of the bands that I consider my favorite (except for Nightwish and Kamelot)

3) I have never ONCE bashed somebody because they like Dream Theater (as has most of the other people on here). I've bashed Dream Theater as a band, and if you're too sensitive to see that people don't like a band you like, then go cry a river or shut the hell up.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 4 2005, 11:37 AM)

I've been over it for a while... I am not trying to convert anyone to becoming a DT fan.

DT catches more shit than any other group in this forum. That is wrong. There are many other groups more deserving of your scorn.

It seems that some people are so insecure in their "Rushhood" that they feel they are more of Rush fan by slamming DT.

DT is being slammed these days the way RUSh was in the 70's.

I would venture that 90% of DT fans were Rush fans first ( and still are).

QUOTE (tangdog @ Sep 4 2005, 12:34 PM)

Then why is the majority of their fanbase over the age of 25 and all the 12 - 15 year old girls going around wearing shirts of, and listening to bands like Good Charlotte, Blink 182, etc, rather than Def Leppard?

Archived