Gigantour: Megadeth and Dream Theater

barney_rebel

QUOTE (kazzman @ Sep 4 2005, 11:43 AM)
Maybe if you would actually get to know me (like most of the people on this board have), you would know that:

1) I'm sarcastic a lot

2) Most people have never heard of the bands that I consider my favorite (except for Nightwish and Kamelot)

3) I have never ONCE bashed somebody because they like Dream Theater (as has most of the other people on here). I've bashed Dream Theater as a band, and if you're too sensitive to see that people don't like a band you like, then go cry a river or shut the hell up.

1- are you saying that all of the things you have written about DT are sarcastic and you really are a huge fan?

2- congratulations

3- my friend, I feel like I am having a battle of the wits with an unarmed man.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 4 2005, 11:44 AM)
We are bashing dt themselves but u r bashing the peeps who don't like them....real mature of ya no.gif

No I am disagreeing about they way you do so. I respect anyone who thinks they suck and can explain why in a intellectually honest manner.

QUOTE (tangdog @ Sep 4 2005, 12:53 PM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Sep 4 2005, 11:43 AM)
Maybe if you would actually get to know me (like most of the people on this board have), you would know that:

1) I'm sarcastic a lot

2) Most people have never heard of the bands that I consider my favorite (except for Nightwish and Kamelot)

3) I have never ONCE bashed somebody because they like Dream Theater (as has most of the other people on here). I've bashed Dream Theater as a band, and if you're too sensitive to see that people don't like a band you like, then go cry a river or shut the hell up.

1- are you saying that all of the things you have written about DT are sarcastic and you really are a huge fan?

2- congratulations

3- my friend, I feel like I am having a battle of the wits with an unarmed man.

1 - according to that logic then yes, I'm a closet DT fan. I admit it. I absolutly love it when bands can only write music where one instrument does nothing but solo just so they can show off and think that they're good just because of it. I also love it when a singer can't sing and has to copy that of other singers. Yes I really do love it all.

2 - thanks

3 - glad to see you think like that. don't really care, but ok, whatever goes on in your head is fine with me.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Sep 4 2005, 11:50 AM)
QUOTE (tangdog @ Sep 4 2005, 12:34 PM)
Rememer Def Leppard is a group designed for and marketed at 12 to 15 year girls?

Then why is the majority of their fanbase over the age of 25 and all the 12 - 15 year old girls going around wearing shirts of, and listening to bands like Good Charlotte, Blink 182, etc, rather than Def Leppard?

Do I have to explain this to you?

When Pyromania came out their target audience was young girls. That was many, many,many years ago. Now their fans, who stuck with them are much older. I am not trying to belittle Def Leppard or their legions of faithful fans.

QUOTE (tangdog @ Sep 4 2005, 11:58 AM)
We are bashing dt themselves but u r bashing the peeps who don't like them....real mature of ya no.gif

No I am disagreeing about they way you do so. I respect anyone who thinks they suck and can explain why in a intellectually honest manner.

I've explained why I don't like them time and time again. They have no soul, they are boring, they don't do anything for me. IMO you are not being intellectually honest by going thru peoples' profiles and using that to argue your point. I don't go to your profile (haven't bothered to look) and point out dumb reasons why you do like DT....or anything else for that matter

QUOTE (tangdog @ Sep 4 2005, 12:03 PM)
Rememer Def Leppard is a group designed for and marketed at 12 to 15 year girls?

Then why is the majority of their fanbase over the age of 25 and all the 12 - 15 year old girls going around wearing shirts of, and listening to bands like Good Charlotte, Blink 182, etc, rather than Def Leppard?

When Pyromania came out their target audience was young girls. That was many, many,many years ago. Now their fans, who stuck with them are much older. I am not trying to belittle Def Leppard or their legions of faithful fans.

No but you try to belittle kazz by saying he does like them rather than DT

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 4 2005, 12:05 PM)

And you try to belittle me by implying because of my age that I shouldn't listen to lep or crue instead of dt (I don't I was being sarcastic to prove a point).. dazed025.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 4 2005, 12:03 PM)

I've explained why I don't like them time and time again. They have no soul, they are boring, they don't do anything for me. IMO you are not being intellectually honest by going thru peoples' profiles and using that to argue your point. I don't go to your profile (haven't bothered to look) and point out dumb reasons why you do like DT....or anything else for that matter

To me its interesting to read a members profile, as it often gives excellent insight to where they are coming from. It also is an excellent source of new bands to check out. I guess I incorrectly assumed that the average Rush fan has better taste in music than the general public.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 4 2005, 12:07 PM)

And you try to belittle me by implying because of my age that I shouldn't listen to lep or crue instead of dt (I don't I was being sarcastic to prove a point).. dazed025.gif

People who live in glass houses should not throw bricks.

QUOTE (tangdog @ Sep 4 2005, 12:09 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 4 2005, 12:03 PM)

To me its interesting to read a members profile, as it often gives excellent insight to where they are coming from. It also is an excellent source of new bands to check out. I guess I incorrectly assumed that the average Rush fan has better taste in music than the general public.

That's fine but don't use the info to belittle other people. Just because we are all Rush fan doesn't mean we automatically have the same taste in music. There are many U2 fans on here but there are people who don't. There are zep fans on here and there are many who don't. Being a Rush fan has absolutely nothing to do with taste. I know people who love rush but they also love rap..Does that mean they have bad taste?

QUOTE (tangdog @ Sep 4 2005, 12:13 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 4 2005, 12:07 PM)

People who live in glass houses should not throw bricks.

And how did I belittle you? what have I said about YOU personally? Not once (nor kazz) say people are embarassing (your word towards kazz) for listening to DT. I've said many times that if people like DT that's fine but not my cup of tea...Not once have I said people have bad taste cause they listen to dt....pretty weak argument all around on your part sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 4 2005, 12:19 PM)

Not once have I said people have bad taste cause they listen to dt....pretty weak argument all around on your part sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif

By slamming any group repeatedly and vehemently you are implying that the fans of a group have bad or questionable taste. In some ways its saying" I can't believe you listen to that shit.

Think about it, please.

QUOTE (tangdog @ Sep 4 2005, 12:42 PM)

Not once have I said people have bad taste cause they listen to dt....pretty weak argument all around on your part  sarcasm.gif  sarcasm.gif  sarcasm.gif

By slamming any group repeatedly and vehemently you are implying that the fans of a group have bad or questionable taste. In some ways its saying" I can't believe you listen to that shit.

Think about it, please.

omg that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.... wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif

Not once have I said people have bad taste cause they listen to dt....pretty weak argument all around on your part  sarcasm.gif  sarcasm.gif  sarcasm.gif

Think about it, please.

Give me just ONE example where I imply a group of people have bad taste cause they liked DT orany other band for that matter....just one

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 4 2005, 12:44 PM)

Think about it, please.

Give me just ONE example where I imply a group of people have bad taste cause they liked DT orany other band for that matter....just one

I saw DT live and they SUCK!!!!!!! 062802puke_prv.gif

Think about it, please.

ye DT THE BAND suck...not the people who saw them...dude you gotta do waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than that sarcasm.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 4 2005, 12:54 PM)

Think about it, please.

ye DT THE BAND suck...not the people who saw them...dude you gotta do waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than that sarcasm.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Think about it, please.

QUOTE (tangdog @ Sep 4 2005, 01:22 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 4 2005, 12:54 PM)

Think about it, please.

Think about it, please.

No it doesn't! I have friends who listen to DT ..I don't tell them they suck.....jeez! There are people here on the board who listen to music I don't listen to but I don't personally disrepect them. Not once. You cannot find one single example where I said a person sucks because they listen to a band. NOT ONE!!!!!! So u are saying everybody who listens to say, Def Leppard, regardless of not knowing them AT ALL, are idiots because they listen to that band. That is what u r saying. So if someone says that every single person on this board listens to Rush, we are all embarassing. Face it, you got called out for trying to belittle one person for what they listen to and you can't handle it. You have a ZERO argument to defend what you did. None. You got all pissy because a person (among several) did not like DT and trashed them, so you went to that person's profile, picked out a band they liked, and tried to belittle him. Why didn't you single out PuppetKing? Why didn't you single out 73? Me? Because we probably got bands listed in our profiles that don't fit your reason for an argument so u single out poor kazz and try to discredit him and say he is embarrassing. You oughta be ashamed of yourself. So what if he likes Def Leppard? The guy is still a teenager for chrissakes.

give it up....you lost this argument, there is no excuse for what you did. I could say people who like U2 are nothing but a bunch of morons but I don't do that. Yes I think U2 is not so hot, but if people like them that's cool. Why do u insist I think people who like a certain band as a whole are idioits, or morons, or embarrassing? Because you do not have a counter-point to defend what you did.

QUOTE (tangdog @ Sep 4 2005, 09:18 AM)

I could spend all day ranting about how much certain bands suck that other members like. Do I? No , because I believe in making a POSITIVE contribution to a discussion.

For instance Def Leppard is one of Kazzmans favorites??? To me that is embarassing but apparently he likes that sort of stuff. Point is, if you don't like something chances are that you are not an authority on the subject.

look at your 2 paragraphs here.....

boy talk about a major contradiction...and right in the following paragraph....

sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 4 2005, 02:51 PM)

I could spend all day ranting about how much certain bands suck that other members like. Do I? No , because I believe in making a POSITIVE contribution to a discussion.

For instance Def Leppard is one of Kazzmans favorites??? To me that is embarassing but apparently he likes that sort of stuff. Point is, if you don't like something chances are that you are not an authority on the subject.

sarcasm.gif

goodpost.gif

biggrin.gif

I like THIS thread smile.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 4 2005, 01:51 PM)

sarcasm.gif

If you think about what I said "embarassing" versus the crap you are spewing "they suck" , it obvious I am being far more diplomatic than you. You appear to be very hatefilled and bent on spreading the word of how much DT sucks. What did they ever do to you, waste an evening?

Maybe its your calling in life to spread the word about how much they suck.

Do you hate other groups with this deep of intensity, and if so who else should we all avoid at all costs according to your infinite wisdom?

I make no apologies for poking at a Def Leppard fan who is dogging DT. Push comes to shove. My point there is if you think Def Leppard is one of the greatest groups of all time, you are not the one to be passing the final judgement on DT on any one else for that matter.

I can take one DT Sucks per thread, but when you go on and on again in the same thread, it adds nothing constructive to the conversation.

I guess Megadeth suck and so do Yes because the had the terrible taste to bring them along on the last two tours. what were they thinking!

QUOTE (tangdog @ Sep 4 2005, 03:54 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 4 2005, 01:51 PM)

sarcasm.gif

If you think about what I said "embarassing" versus the crap you are spewing "they suck" , it obvious I am being far more diplomatic than you. You appear to be very hatefilled and bent on spreading the word of how much DT sucks. What did they ever do to you, waste an evening?

Maybe its your calling in life to spread the word about how much they suck.

Do you hate other groups with this deep of intensity, and if so who else should we all avoid at all costs according to your infinite wisdom?

I make no apologies for poking at a Def Leppard fan who is dogging DT. Push comes to shove. My point there is if you think Def Leppard is one of the greatest groups of all time, you are not the one to be passing the final judgement on DT on any one else for that matter.

I can take one DT Sucks per thread, but when you go on and on again in the same thread, it adds nothing constructive to the conversation.

I guess Megadeth suck and so do Yes because the had the terrible taste to bring them along on the last two tours. what were they thinking!

I stand by my point....I was dissing the band not the people who listen to them....you were singling out a PERSON...

Lots of bands get dissed and trashed....not the people who listen to them...GET THAT THRU YOUR SKULL!!!!!!!

Everybody else who liked DT in this thread have said "Oh well...each to their own" but not you...you tried to make kazz look like an idiot because he happens to list Def Leppard in his list of fav bands....

You can go on all night if you want...you are the bad guy here, not me...I dissed a band....bands get dissed all the time....

You diss a friend of mine and a respected member of this board....

You still haven't given an example of me saying anything negative about you personally. I really could do that easily by going to your profile (still haven't looked, have no desire to) and pick out a band u listen to and say you are embarassing for listening to that band...But I'm not gonna sink to your level...

GET OVER IT!!!!!

Archived