I'm a Buckethead fan now

Alsgalpal

Why the bucket? :)

EDIT: And the mask too? If he's that good then why not show yourself?

He made a decision to create the Buckethead persona in the beginning for unknown reasons. I suspect the reason might be stage-fright or performance anxiety. Possibly the Buckethead persona frees him to unleash his guitar talent to it's fullest extent.

Regardless the persona, image and the whole back story is and always has been inextricably entangled with the music. So song titles, album titles, album art, lyrics, websites info are all Buckethead-related. So it's not just a man in mask playing guitar there's much more to it, and it would be incredibly hard to jettison the persona at this point. He'd have to start all over again from scratch as "unknown" Brian Caroll and build a whole new resume and reputation. So don't expect him to unmask himself and adopt a "conventional" look any time soon.

Why the bucket? :)

EDIT: And the mask too? If he's that good then why not show yourself?

He made a decision to create the Buckethead persona in the beginning for unknown reasons. I suspect the reason might be stage-fright or performance anxiety.

Correct.

Welcome to the club!

Buckethead has been a staple in my music collection for about 4 years now (since I decided to check him out from Treeduck).

The guy is AMAZING...and it sucks I didn't know about him earlier. Just so, so much amazing material to sift through...it's really awesome when you first start listening to his stuff. His collection is massive...and his styles vary enough to get everyone interested in something!

It always kind of boggles my mind that he isn't more well-known, as I probably consider him my favourite guitarist (along with Satch). Instrumental stuff is amongst my favourite, and I love the diversity I get with Buckethead. There is always an album to match the mood I'm in.

Happy listening!!